PDA

View Full Version : is there a way to adjust my works??

TRX250XFIRE
04-13-2002, 09:24 PM
Hi, i orderd my works for dennis kirk and they were for my weight and riding style, the MX ones, but they feel really soft to me?i was wondering if theres a way to adjust them that i am missing, thanks

04-14-2002, 01:23 AM
which model shoc do you have?

r they compression adj?

if not your options r limited

TRX250XFIRE
04-14-2002, 06:09 AM
They are 160-190 MX, it says they have TRS and nothing else? there is like a nipple were it looks like u can put air in or somthing, but im not to sure, Thanks

04-14-2002, 07:54 AM
Sounds like you have the steelers w/ triple rate springs and they were set up for your weight and MX style use (more aggressive)

There are two ways to adjust them.

1. The preload on the shock is adjustable. To do this you need to compress the spring more. To do this you need to take the load off the spring and force the top stop or collar down.

This will increase the ride height as well as make the suspension a little stiffer.

2. The shock could be sent out and revalved, and if they are new I think works will do this for free. Just be sure what you are needing before doing this since you dont want to have your shocks out getting worked on when you could have been riding.

How soft are they?? Do they bottm out very easily?? You do want your suspension to be PLUSH as it will absorb most hits but not SOFT where they hurt the handling.

I hope this helps

TRX250XFIRE
04-14-2002, 10:26 AM
Hey, i will try out what u said, thanks for ur help