PDA

View Full Version : DINLI High-Performance ATVs

Dale512
10-18-2004, 09:21 PM
Got this from another forum, apparently the original poster got this information at some sort of ATV trade show.

Dinli will unviel a Steel-Framed 450cc Carbureted High-Performance ATV at the Indy Trade show in february, said to be comparable to the Predator.

A few months later they will release a 500cc EFI Sport ATV with a fully cast Twin-Spar aluminum frame, this ATV will be based on Cannondale's design with some major differences such as no oil in the frame, and it will be a 5-Speed with Reverse, and more standard-type engine with a split crankcase and a seperate cylinder unlike Cannondales fully modular design.

Soon After that, Dinli will bring out a 450cc version, it will also sport the Aluminum Frame, EFI, and 5-Speed with Reverse Transmission, but apparently you will be able to remove the Reverse gear and replace it with a 6th gear.

jesshamner
10-18-2004, 09:49 PM
Sounds very interesting. Its good that they will have a carb version for people that are scared of the FI. I am curious to see what happens. Dinli has said a lot of things and set some dates that never happened.

Dale512
10-18-2004, 10:30 PM
Well, they better do it soon or they might as well give it up. Also in my opinion if they have any sense they will field atleast one factory-back GNC and GNCC pro rider or at the very least offer contigiency or sponsor one of the events like Cannondale did. I dunno, I just get the strange feeling we're going to see something very cool from Dinli, not sure why.

Sandgod4
10-25-2004, 07:30 PM
Dinli cannot use Optimum for the computer for the 450. For the 500 they can..

Dale512
10-25-2004, 09:00 PM
Why is that?

Sandgod4
10-25-2004, 09:26 PM
ATK signed an exclusive agreement w/ Optimum for 450/460 single cylinder something something motors.. I hope Dinli flops. It's just another foreign quad in my book and has no mystiec about them.. How many times have you made fun of a label that says "Made in Taiwaan". Taiwaan and India is where all our jobs are going to..

Dale512
10-25-2004, 09:49 PM
Who buys a quad for it's mystique? Personally I buy for performance, if your into mystique I would look into a GasGas or W-Tec....lotsa mystique about those two bikes. BTW I hope ATK goes far with whatever they do, I'm just not sure what their going to do when the start running out of the major parts such as frame/engine cases and such, do you know what they may do once that happens? I've already been told the usual "They have tons of frames", but how many are tons and they will eventually run out...then what? Also do you have any idea whatever happened to the 700cc 2-Stroke ATK was planning on coming out with, I know they arent making the 700cc dirtbikes right now due to the exchange rates for the motors and such.

Sandgod4
10-25-2004, 10:02 PM
Yes I know about the big bore two stroke... Here are Brad Oakleys words. He doesn't work at ATK. He did, but was a subcontractor and never on the payroll...

Thank you for your confidence. Since this is no longer "secret" info, I'll fill in a few of the details. I originally wanted to use the 83hp Maico engine (685cc.) However, the engine has some serious engineering challenges that need to be overcome. So serious, in fact, that it was easier to just start over - which is what I did. The bottom of the motor is patterned after the CR 500, but with a counterbalancer. The top end came from a snow mobile application, mated to a head design that is popular in the racing world. One of the designers helping me with the motor just returned from the World Championship hill-climb event, held in France, where he took fifth overall. The engine will run a 100mm piston on a 79mm stroke - giving it around a 625cc displacement. It'll rev out at 7500 rpm (compared to 4800rpm for the Maico) and with a power valve, put out somewhere in the 100hp range.
Please understand that this is by no means an announcement of any kind. I saw - first hand - what premature announcements did to Cannondale (would you call that: Premature Enouncilation? ) so nothing will be official until several working prototypes are operating in quads, and financial arrangements have been made for production.

Dale512
10-25-2004, 10:10 PM
So, Um, ok, lol..Does this mean theres still a chance an ATK 2-Stroke is coming out or will it be made by some other company if made at all? I know Storm has like a 650R or something they are selling for over 15,000 :eek2: Hopefully if ATK does come out with something like that they can keep the cost down quite a bit.

250rmike
10-26-2004, 11:56 PM
what is going to be the point of having a twin spare frame if no oil is going to be going through it thats the whole point of twin spars. its going to be a cheap c-dale. if they wouldnt have gone out of business they would have been fine by now with reliability but hey whatever im gonna support atk over dinli and try to atleast keep the bike still in america