PDA

View Full Version : what cam to go with?

wiesman
10-18-2004, 04:41 PM
I have a stock 450r with a Rossier Engineering pipe kit. I modified my airbox lid to be like the HRC one. I'll be racing MX and was wondering what cam I should go with. When I get the cam, is there any other parts that I need to get to do the installation or can I just switch the cams? Is the Hotcam a drop in where I will not need to do anything with the valves and springs?

Honda Jay
10-18-2004, 05:43 PM
Well, I first had the HRC and when i first had it, i thought, damn this is awesome and loved it. But after many rides it came down to me not liking the low end bog and having to ride her more like a two stroke. So, i made the switch to the Sparks aggresive drop in and love it. All of the low and then some is back and still has some top end gains. So, i would recommend it to you but is $215. Now, if you are really wanted big power while keeping your stock bore, get sparks X4 and there 13.8:1 piston. This is my plan for next spring, so if anyone is interested in the aggresive drop-in cam by next summer, keep me in mind:D

Jay

450 Racer R
10-18-2004, 06:50 PM
stage II, no doubt......

RedRacer44
10-18-2004, 07:03 PM
stage II HotCam is a drop in cam....no need for valve work. Made good power for me and in combination with JE 13:1 piston....really nice power!

Cant go wrong with the HotCam.....nor the Sparks cam though. Got love Sparks stuff, just plain quality! At a price....

allmixedup047
10-18-2004, 11:01 PM
i think you will be alright with just about any cam you choose except maybe the stage1 hotcam, its kinda mild. if you were to go with the HRC cam i would highly recomend a 13:1 comp piston to give you a good all around power increase. your rossier pipe i think would work great with the HRC cam and a piston for mx.