PDA

View Full Version : 440 kit questions

schuie
10-18-2004, 01:47 PM
I am putting a 440 kit with a hot cam stage 2 cam in my 400ex, i was wondering if regular top end gasket kit would cover it all, even the cam part.

The other question is what jetting to use. I have a WB R4 slip on, a K&N, and am planning on running an open air box, but was wondering the jets for both open and closed. I am gonna run an 11:1 compession piston. The elevation is around 1000-1200 feet.

If you have any suggestions please let me know. Thanks

cals400ex
10-19-2004, 12:49 AM
i would probably get the head gasket made for the 440 bore. i am not sure if the stock base gasket fits on the larger sleeves or not? if it is snug, you should be able to just cut it to the proper size. i wouldn't recommend cutting a head gasket though. also, you will want to bore your cases a bit so there is a little extra room for the larger sleeve.

mojoe2878
10-19-2004, 07:32 AM
you need to get a 89mm big bore top end gasket set. you should be able to get it where ever you are buying your big bore kit from. a stock head gasket will hang over the edge of the piston bore and you will want the stronger one made for higher compresion with this kit anyway or you will be blowing head gaskets all the time.