PDA

View Full Version : Getting the quad ready for winter

maynard22
10-18-2004, 11:38 AM
This is my first winter for having a quad and I was wondering if there is anything special that i need to do to my 400ex to safeguard it when i am riding it this winter. An if anyone has any pics of how they safeguard from getting water in the airbox i would like to see those, my lid has holes drilled in it.:confused: :devil:

DirtDevilBT
10-20-2004, 11:50 PM
Ride with a jacket!
Go slow through water!

......the dollylama has spoken!:D

4TraxRider
10-21-2004, 03:58 PM
Run some duct tape over the holes and rejet if your worried. I used to run an outwears over my airbox(where the lid would go) and had no problems on my old ex. During your first ride, check your airbox periodically and see if anything is getting in or not.

250exen
10-21-2004, 06:24 PM
wear warm cloths and be sure to have some way to defrost it, cuse it will get chuck full of snow! it sucks but its sooooo worth it!

fmf400ex03
10-26-2004, 05:26 PM
closed lid richen her up for the cold dense air, warm it up to about normal operational temp then go, dress warm and ride hard and remeber if u ride on snow or ice u cant stop for crap when going fast and if u dont it hurts.

JR3
10-29-2004, 04:34 AM
yea snows fun but after a day of snow ridin u are gonna need a way to defrost it cause its like 1 big snowball like they said cover up ur airbox and let it warm up and u should be fine

fmf400ex03
10-29-2004, 01:46 PM
you dont really need to defrost them i dont usually just get rid of un wanted snow by hand and keep it in your garge close to the house. beleave it or not but the house will keep if from freezing up more happy trails stay warm. if i can recamend one thing we ride hard core in the winter we ride uper maine and new hampshire and canada i have ridin in like -15 plus how ever fast your goin so pretty cold. get rid of that atv/ dirt bike helmet and get either a full face motor cycle or snowmobile helmet and keep your neck and face coverd frost bight happens really quick out there and when your on the trail and you get cold all you can do it hug your exhaust just be smart.