PDA

View Full Version : works shocks at louisville ATV expo

bradley300
10-18-2004, 09:33 AM
in case anyone was interested, works has some SWEET shocks coming ut soon called "black widow" the are preload, rebound adjustable as well as high and low speed compression adjust. i think prices are comparable to elka elites. all i saw was a piggy back rez front and rear, but i'm sure there is a remote rez also.

they also have a new dual line remote rez system out. there were telling me that in a remote rez shock, the oil never really reaches the rez, and on a shock with a long hose such as the rear shock on a 450r, the problem is evenworse. while a remote rez is stil better than none at all, you still only use a small amount of oil. they said these new dual line rezzies force complete recirculation of all the oil. this should mean oil breaks down slower so shocks wont fade as quick, also using more oil would mean more time between needing service.no to mentons these shocks looked sweet also, all black,springs, rez,etc. these were definatly shocks that made me change my viewpoint of Works shocks.

cdalejef
10-18-2004, 09:56 AM
Did you also notice that they look almost exactly like Elka's :rolleyes:

Rico
10-18-2004, 01:46 PM
Where's the pics????

:rolleyes:

Pappy
10-18-2004, 01:50 PM
i heard yann took a wiz on the works display.:confused:

10-18-2004, 01:58 PM
looks like we have some works haters

JDiablo
10-18-2004, 02:06 PM
Pix or STFU!:devil:

ranger400ex
10-18-2004, 03:23 PM
Tom Edison said "Well after 30years of shocks we have learned a few things...." and I thought to myself...you should be 25years ahead of almost everyone else then....not the case.

the black widows looked nice...but I am not for sure on some of the components...spacers were pretty cheap. guess we will see.

BMW

remlapr
10-18-2004, 04:34 PM
I walked right by the booth without even taking a closer look at what they had. Figured it was just the same old...

velocityatv
10-18-2004, 06:57 PM
Jeff@QuadShop Did you also notice that they look almost exactly like Elka's

Do you think there buying Elka bodies and such, and then using there springs? I think TCS used to do that with Works a while back until they got the machines to make there own bodies.

Personal opinion - Works are gigantic steering stabilizers with springs. It's like wearing a tupe, sure they say "it's just like real hair," but deap down ya know it's not.:devil:

ELKA ALL THE WAY:macho

spincr4hire
11-01-2004, 07:31 AM

cdalejef
11-01-2004, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by velocityatv
Do you think there buying Elka bodies and such, and then using there springs? I think TCS used to do that with Works a while back until they got the machines to make there own bodies.

Personal opinion - Works are gigantic steering stabilizers with springs. It's like wearing a tupe, sure they say "it's just like real hair," but deap down ya know it's not.:devil:

ELKA ALL THE WAY:macho No, they just look alot like Elka's.

Jersey450R
11-01-2004, 05:01 PM
they look like Elka carbon copies to mee...

XCAdam89
11-01-2004, 05:18 PM
Either way, Elka will still be getting my business. They respond so quick to me emails and such.