PDA

View Full Version : 250ex Wheel Spacers

blitzkrieg05
10-17-2004, 10:33 PM
I am going to put wheel spacers on my 250ex, 1 1/2 in the front and 2 1/2 in the rear. i have stock rims and tires, i got the front studs off of the hubs, but i cannot budge the reat studs... i dont know why tho, i have tried everything. any advice?

Screamin440
10-17-2004, 10:42 PM
Someone please respond or he's going to bug me at work tomorrow. Please??? ;)

blitzkrieg05
10-18-2004, 10:17 AM
Funny stuff Tanner, BUT ITS DRIVING ME INSANE! plz help...

Screamin440
10-18-2004, 11:43 AM
Dave, I went home sick after working about a 1/2 hour this morning. Obviously I won't be able to answer your question there. What all have you tried? You might have to press them out using a 3 jaw pulley puller.

PhilMoore
10-18-2004, 12:34 PM
Remove the hub from the axle.

Use a bench vise and a socket to press them out. Use a deep socket (17mm or so) to fit over the large end of the stud. It presses against the hub, and the opposite jaw of the vise presses against the threaded end of the stud. If you thread the nut (taper in like normal) onto the stud to protect the threads on the end of the stud, that would be a good thing too. If you really, really don't want to unbolt the hub from the axle, you might be able to use a very large, heavy duty 'C' clamp to press them out.

You can use a socket and a hammer to tap them out, but a vise (or hydraulic press) would be the preferred method. Now, don't go pounding on them while the hubs are still on the quad. The bearings in the rearend are not meant for side load abuse, and there is no need to go wreckin stuff.

blitzkrieg05
10-18-2004, 06:27 PM
I got the studs off the hubs, i simply brought them to work and used their hydraulic press ;) it worked great, except for the fact that their hydraulic press is a peice of crap. O yea Tanner, better remember to bring those wheel spacers to work on Tuesday :cool: (no more calling in sick, lazy ***)

Screamin440
10-18-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by blitzkrieg05
I got the studs off the hubs, i simply brought them to work and used their hydraulic press ;) it worked great, except for the fact that their hydraulic press is a peice of crap. O yea Tanner, better remember to bring those wheel spacers to work on Tuesday :cool: (no more calling in sick, lazy ***)

Dave, I'm gonna pimp slap ya when I get to work on Tuesday. BTW, I didn't call in! I showed up for a 1/2 hour and THEN went home! :blah:

Here's a little song I wrote just for you Dave:

Wash wash wash
All day long
Gonna wash wash wash
While I sing this song

Gonna wax this car
Gonna make it shine
Gonna drive this car
And act like it's mine

It was a pretty song, I know ;)

Bigg Pimpin
10-18-2004, 11:35 PM
Your really gonna love those spacers. I put 1.5" on the front and 3" rears on mine last week. It made a world of difference in the berms. I can cut sweepers pinned in 3rd now that I could only manage to cut in 2nd before. Just watch out jumping that thing with those on it.

blitzkrieg05
10-19-2004, 09:34 AM
nice song :huh