PDA

View Full Version : All Canadians Out There

Quad18star
10-17-2004, 08:54 PM
Just curious and wanted to know , if any of you guys and girls watched the show on CBC tonight called " The Greatest Canadian "

If so , who do you think will win it ?? I watched it tonight , and it was a pretty good show ... I think I'll follow the series for the enxt 6 weeks , and cast my vote in .

If you watched it , who do you think is gunna win ???

1. Fredrick Banting for inventing Insulin which has cured and saved millions of lives from Diabetes??

2.Wayne Gretzky for being a role model and being the greatest hockey player to ever live and take our Nations Team to many Olympic victories and Wolrd Cups??

3.Pierre Elliot Trudeau for shaping our Country , into the Nation it is today??

4.Alexander Graham Bell for inventing the telephone ???

5.Terry Fox , for being a national hero and his fight and determination to battle cancer and show the world it would not stop him until it killed him ???

6.Sir John A MacDonald .... for being the man he was ??? ( I think he was top 10 ... but he might have been #11)

7.Dr David Suzuki , for his love of the environment and showing the world , that if we don't care for it , we are dostroying ourselves little by little ???

8. Lester B. Pearson , for starting our Peace Keeping missions and giving us the flag we fly high everyday ???

Ok I'm missing 2 more people that I cannot think of , for the life of me .

Take a look at others that made the list of Great Canadians . www.cbc.ca/greatest

Quad18star
10-17-2004, 09:35 PM
No one watched it ???? :(

I'm surprised they didn't have the Unknown Soldier in the top ten .... but He or She was in the top 20 I believe .

I still can't think of the other 2 people :confused: :grr:

blondie69
10-17-2004, 09:39 PM
Alexander Keith should be up there.

Quad18star
10-17-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by blondie69

HAHAHA ..... they did have the guy from Molson in the top 50 though . :D

Quad18star
10-17-2004, 09:53 PM
I think #9 is Louis Riel .... for standing up for Natives and Metis people and then being hung by the Government for treason because he spoke out against them .

blondie69
10-18-2004, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star

Haha! Dude:cool: Keith's is better though:p

But if I had of watched it, I would help u out with the list, but I didn't even know it was on. Is it gonna be on again??

Quad18star
10-18-2004, 10:20 AM
I don't know if they'll air the whole show again , but starting tonight and every following Wednesday and Monday for the enxt 6 weeks , they'll host a 1 hour show about each top 10 person , so that the viewers get a better perspective as to what the person really did for Canada .

It starts tonight with Fredrick Banting ..... the inventer if Insulin .... I believe .

It's actually pretty interesting to watch .... and you get to vote for who you think deserves to win . It's going to be a tough call , because all of them in the top 10 did something amazing for this country and for the world .

Got nads?
10-18-2004, 01:58 PM
Where is the guy who invented Velcro( for the americans I think it is called hook & loop strips), if it wasn't for velcro my shoes wouldn't stay on!:D By the way how come I'm not on the list , my mom thinks I'm Great!

blondie69
10-18-2004, 02:41 PM
Was the dude who inventer Bombardia on anywhere on that list? I remember last yr in Entrepreneurship, whenever we had to do projects on Canadian Inventors...me n 1 of the guys always battled on who got to do him:blah:

Quad18star
10-18-2004, 03:17 PM
Teg.... Joseph Armand Bombardier made the list ...... wasn't in the top 20 though . Two of my friends are related to the Bombardier family , they get 70% off new sleds or any Bombardier product . :macho

DEAL
10-18-2004, 03:19 PM

You only said that because I told you .. remember you were telling me about how great bud was?

popo
10-18-2004, 03:20 PM
What aboooot that cooking with Yan guy eh!

Coffee Crisp candy bars should be on the list. & peamel bacon.

blondie69
10-18-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by DEAL
You only said that because I told you .. remember you were telling me about how great bud was?

False. I said bud was the only stuff I ever tried. I'm not much of a beer chick. I only said Keiths supporting N.S

LTandRaptorider
10-18-2004, 05:15 PM
Isn't Suzuki Japanese? :confused:

I didn't see my favorite Canadian on the list... :p

exatak199
10-18-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
I didn't see my favorite Canadian on the list... :p

and who might that be??:devil:

LTandRaptorider
10-18-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by exatak199

well... it ain't you! :D

blondie69
10-18-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by exatak199

Ya Bart, who might that be?:cool: :blah:

LTandRaptorider
10-18-2004, 05:47 PM
Ya Bart, who might that be?:cool: :blah:

;) :D

grow faster, dammit! :devil:

blondie69
10-18-2004, 05:47 PM
Teg.... Joseph Armand Bombardier made the list ...... wasn't in the top 20 though . Two of my friends are related to the Bombardier family , they get 70% off new sleds or any Bombardier product . :macho

Well thats good that he did! If he didn't I would have flipped:macho haha But damn, wish I was related to them! Haha:eek2: :blah:

Quad18star
10-18-2004, 05:59 PM
Just finished watching the 1 hour show on each candidate for Greatest Canadian .... the 2 that I couldn't remember , were

1. Tommy C Douglas ..... did a great job as a politician .... one that did not LIE to the people and introduced Medicare to this country .

2. Don Cherry ..... great sports figure and out spoken . Has changed many peoples views about certain issues .

DEAL
10-18-2004, 06:01 PM

ahh yes the man who invented laxatives.

LTandRaptorider
10-18-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by DEAL
ahh yes the man who invented laxatives.

no chit? :blah:

Quad18star
10-18-2004, 07:29 PM
no chit? :blah:

Chit you not !!!!:devil:

It's pretty true though .... after a night of drinking Molson ....the next morning usually results in Molson Mudslides . :confused:

LTandRaptorider
10-18-2004, 07:47 PM
Chit you not !!!!:devil:

It's pretty true though .... after a night of drinking Molson ....the next morning usually results in Molson Mudslides . :confused:

Holy chit! :eek:

guess that's nothing like a kahlua mudslide? :confused: :p

Quad18star
10-18-2004, 08:02 PM
Holy chit! :eek:

guess that's nothing like a kahlua mudslide? :confused: :p

I about chitted myself the first time someone told me about the Molson Mudslides ... litterally !!!!!