PDA

View Full Version : US vs. THEM

TCracin440ex
10-17-2004, 08:50 PM
So you're sitting at a red light, minding your own business, fiddling with the radio, when you're blinded from behind by bright blue headlights. The buzzing, chainsaw-like racket gets louder as it approaches and takes the lane next to yours. You glance over to what's become an increasingly familiar sight--a ragged-looking import with primered ground effects, 18-inch red-anodized wheels, and umpteen gauges tacked to a dashboard that's awash in blue neon. Sure enough, the backwards-visor-wearing punk at the helm of this disaster throws a few revs, making you regret having acknowledged his presense in the first place. The light turns green, and you're in no mood to race, so you gently pedal out your street machine, just under half-throttle, which is more than enough to stay a couple lengths ahead of the 8,000-rpm bang-shifting madman next to you. A few seconds of this has you halfway deaf from this guy's buzz bomb, so you drop the hammer and watch his blue lights fade into the night. You settle back down to the speed limit, and ten seconds later, you're treated to a 100-mph "fly by," smiling 'cause you're sure he's already on the phone telling his friends how he dusted your big-block Chevelle. All you Ford, Chevy, Mopar, and AMC guys can relate--on the street today, it's us versus them.
Now before you get all riled up, know that we're not so naive as to think that we're invincible to every import car. We've been mopped up by enough modded Supras and RX-7s to know and respect their reputations on the street and track. Anyone driving a serious street machine is a friend of ours. But to the posers, wannabes, and jokers who impersonate hot rodders, and perpetuate our already-bad reputation in the popular media, listen up: We're calling you out. We're calling out the guy who shows up at the Friday night test-and-tune, talks smack but never runs his own car, and tears around the parking lot smoking the tires and endangering our safety. We're calling out the convoys of idiots who weave in and out of traffic on crowded free-ways. We're calling out the sore loser who hurls a pop can at a car whose driver is too smart to risk his life racing on the street.
Hey, it's the dead of winter, so everyone can use a little riling up. Engage yourself in a little bench racing, get those last-minute mods finished up, and lock in a few races for the first test-and tune after the snow melts. Maybe you'll even coerce a few imports to the starting line. But try not to laugh if they stage with their rear tires, OK? (CC)

TCracin440ex
10-17-2004, 08:52 PM
i couldnt resist sharing that but ive got more

US: Stickers for contingency
THEM: Stickers for extra horsepower

US: Keeping a low profile and letting e.t.'s tell the story
THEM: Hoping the outrageous body kit will distract anyone from discussing e.t.'s

US: Sideways into Third gear
THEM: Sideways to avoid high-centering on a speed bump

US: Tall spindle conversion for better camber gain and tire wear
THEM: Lowering 3 inches and ruining tires with 4 degrees of negative camber

US: 600 hp on 92-octane pump gas
THEM: 300 hp on $3-a-gallon 100-octane race gas

US: Composite parts for light weight and aerodynamics
THEM: Composite-veneer dash trim and gauges

US: Upgrading to a 9-inch 'cause you keep breaking stock rears
THEM: Realizing your built motor will keep breaking half-shafts forever

US: Swapping stock 14-inch wheels for 17s to clear trick brakes and suspension
THEM: Swapping stock 14-inch wheels for 20s despite stock brakes and suspension

US: Functional air ducts to cool the big-block
THEM: Six different "cosmetic" air dams in random locations

US: Boost gauge on a blown car, nitrous gauge on a squeezed car
THEM: Both gauges on a normally aspirated car

US: Headers and 3-inch exhaust
THEM: Stock pea-shooter exhaust pipe with 5-inch tip

US: Polishing taillight lenses to bring out the red color
THEM: Installing clear tallights to bait cops

US: Buying an aftermarket shifter for shorter throws
THEM: Buying an aftermarket shifter for the lighted knob

US: 500 lb-ft of torque at 3,500 rpm
THEM: 50 lb-ft of torque at 35,000 rpm

US: 600 hp makes for an earth-shaking street car
THEM: 600 watts per channel makes for an ear-shattering street car

US: Cruising and burnout contests at car shows
THEM: Disco-dancing and stereo competitions at car shows

US: Old-tech pushrod Chevy LS6 pushing 405 hp
THEM: State-of-the-art, dual overhead cam Honda VTEC pushing 180 hp

US: Race-class lettering on the rear window
THEM: Japanese "Honda" lettering on the rear window of a Nissan

US: Feeling the car shake from a lumpy cam
THEM: Feeling the car shake from the booming bass

US: Doing a short burnout to warm the tires before a pass
THEM: Weaving from side to side 'cause Nascar racers do it

US: Tach mounted on the dash, in the driver's line of sight
THEM: Bobbing-head doll mounted on the dash, in the driver's line of sight

US: Comfy stock bucket seats on a 9-second street car
THEM:Back-breaking fiberglass racing buckets on a 17-second street car

US: Showing off a 500hp dyno sheet
THEM: Boasting that their 150hp mill makes more hp/liter

US: Nitrous oxide
THEM: "Noss"

US: Spending $2,000 to get a new Z28 into the 11s
THEM: Spending $10,000 to get a Civic in the 12s

US: Installing subframe connectors to stiffen the chassis
THEM: Connecting the subframes with neon lights

US: Throttle steer
THEM: Torque steer

US: Installing a 12-point 'cage after breaking into the 11s
THEM: Installing a 12-point 'cage for more places to mount gauges

US: Leaving on the third amber light at the strip
THEM: Blowing through red lights on the street

US: Annoying blind spot caused by the cowl-induction hood
THEM: Annoying blind spots caused by limo-tinted windows and triple-deck rear wing

BlazingYamahaYz
10-17-2004, 09:00 PM
wow...you didnt just turn this into an import vs domestic thread:rolleyes:

400ex28
10-17-2004, 09:01 PM
ricers :rolleyes:

TCracin440ex
10-17-2004, 09:03 PM
well i see blazinyamahayz doesnt like this thread

fastmofo
10-17-2004, 09:05 PM
racing an import is like the special olympics, even if you win, your still retarded.

my lug nuts require more torque then your honda makes

400ex28
10-17-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by fastmofo

my lug nuts require more torque then your honda makes

OOOOOO

TCracin440ex
10-17-2004, 09:06 PM

this is my favorite of them all

fastmofo
10-17-2004, 09:08 PM
k, ill share a story, my buddy bought a 1989 ford probe gt w/2.2l turbo, bought it for $400, needed a clutch, put a clutch in it. rest of the car is bone stock

raced a 1999 prelude with a supercharger and upwards of 10 grand under the hood.

they line up, go, my buddy jumps about 3 car lengths on the prelude right away and keeps gaining!! the person with the prelude payed $15,000 for the car, my buddy payed $700 with clutch

the probe has yet to loose a race, beat a gsx eclipse, tsi talon, and umpteen civics..

not going to diss too much on honda, but you can't argue with american engineering (sp?)

fastmofo
10-17-2004, 09:09 PM
honda cars im talking about with the lug nut thing

TCracin440ex
10-17-2004, 09:14 PM
i love my v8's....im sorry to say but ricers are the main reason that alot of our cruise areas arround here are so heavily patroled that you can barely rev an engine w/o gettin a ticket/ fine

all the parkinglots we used to hang out in are closed due to ricers come in there and burnout n shyt in the parking lot and its just annoying...why do they have to do this

and the ricer trend wont really big until that mofo-in movie fast and queerious....i hate that movie for that reason

ricers think they can smoke every v8 out there...its just getting really old fast...why spend 30k to get a ricer into a low E.t. when you can simply buy a camaro,mustang used and do a few small things and make it run in the low e.t. cheaper than anything

get you some gears for a camaro or mustang, air filter, computer programmer, and exhaust or cutouts and you can run 9's in the 1/8th

Quad18star
10-17-2004, 09:18 PM
This has to be the greatest post ever ..... everything is so true .

I always get a kick out of ANYONE that says their car is quicker than mine and they'll take me anyday . They are usually the guys that say ... " Well line up with me at the light and we'll see who's faster" .... Sorry bud , but I take my racing to the track not the street where at any minute someone can pull out onto the road . If you wanna race me , pay the $10 on the wednesday night test and tune and show em what you got . I won't back down at the track and if you beat me I'll give you credit ...... but when you tell me to line up at the light I'll back down . Real racing is at the track . I had a friend die while street racing .... now most every muscle car out there , has the sticker in their window ... it's 2 flags crossed together with the name Jason Ongaro 1978-2003 with the saying " Keep It At The Track" .

Talk to any guy out there with a muscle car .... they want the respect from cops .... unlike 95% of the ricers that'll try and run and cause trouble .

The guys that talk smack , are usually the guys that have an excuse not to make it out to the track . Come race me where it's safe and accurate .... let's race to the hundreth of a second .

You'll never catch me spending $ 20 000 to build an import , when I can spend $10 000 and still run faster and look better . I'd rather have the rumble of a 454 big block , than the pounding of five 12" subs packed into the back of a Civic . :devil:

TCracin440ex
10-17-2004, 09:25 PM
i had to post this thread because i was cruising over the weekend and like every f-ing ricer i see is causing trouble...all us v8'ers want to do is sit in an empty parkinglot and talk n not be worried about anyone

but since all the ricers decide they want to trash peoples parkinglots by throwing trash down, burning out, reving rice up, many businesses put out no loitering signs or trespassing.

and even when we dont have cops running us out of the parkinglots. we have the ricers coming arround our group of people reving engines to get us to turn our heads, and spinning out

it just dont really appeal to me

TCracin440ex
10-17-2004, 09:27 PM
i would rather feel my vehicle shake from a lumpy cam, and a well built v8 instead of listen to subs pound in my ears, and the buzzing the folders can exhaust

Quad18star
10-17-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
i had to post this thread because i was cruising over the weekend and like every f-ing ricer i see is causing trouble...all us v8'ers want to do is sit in an empty parkinglot and talk n not be worried about anyone

but since all the ricers decide they want to trash peoples parkinglots by throwing trash down, burning out, reving rice up, many businesses put out no loitering signs or trespassing.

and even when we dont have cops running us out of the parkinglots. we have the ricers coming arround our group of people reving engines to get us to turn our heads, and spinning out

it just dont really appeal to me

We have the same problem .... we've gone through 3 different parking lots in 2 years . Guys with the muscle cars just wanna go there , show off their car and talk with other muscle heads . Ricers seem to go and cause trouble and blast their music . Many of the companies where we hold our cruise nights aren't allowing us back for next year ... not that they don't want the muscle cars there , but they don't want the imports because of liability issues . Last eyar we had one guy on a crotch rocket show off in the parking lot , lost control and went head first on a brick wall going a 100+ MPH . Company had to pay for it cuz it happened on their property . We weren't welcomed back that following Sunday !!! :macho

TCracin440ex
10-17-2004, 09:32 PM
i mean i dont mean to be bashing because there are some quick *** rice cars out there

i.e. toyota supra, and rx7

my buddy has a mazda rx7...his dad owns a machine shop called kowaski racing engines...they built a v6 motor for a bush car and the guy backed out of buying the motor after they built it...so my friend took that v6 and put in his mazda rx7 and this is a quick car completely gutted no interrior...just 2 seats, dash, and shifter...this is a 7 second car in the 1/8th and when its at idol it sounds like a v8 because of how much lump this cam has and the way this motor is built....just a flat out quick and sick car

TCracin440ex
10-17-2004, 09:36 PM
i mean if these ricers wouldnt act a fool, be calm, and not sit out there and rev motors then alot of businesses wouldnt mind them..

i think we have respect from most of the cops arround here now because they kno we dont cause problems

you let a cop pull into a parkinglot a bunch of ricers are sitting at....and they scatter like ants.

when a cop pulls up arround us we dont scatter because we aint doing nothin wrong...i mean if i was a cop and people scatterd like that id think they were doing illeagle shyt anyways

TCracin440ex
10-17-2004, 09:42 PM
bottom line

body kits, bass, and wings dont impress me

if you want to impress me and earn my respect show me a time slip that says 8secs or 9 secs in the 1/8th

allmixedup047
10-17-2004, 09:44 PM
i got a great story for this, you know about the whole fly by at 100mph thinking he beat you deal.

me and my buddy took his 67 c-10 out for a night on the highways just to see what it would do. its a 1967 c-10 short bed with 350turbo, 3.73 rear end and an edlebrock crate 327 under the hood. its in upwards of 400hp. we are driving around at night, racing civics from light to light smoking there ***. well we turn onto the highway and one of the civics we raced decides to try to pass us as we are getting on the highway when we are on the on-ramp. well josh stomps on the gas and right as he gets up beside us and evens out with us we hit 75mph and did a third gear scratch when he was right next to us. i will remember the look on that kids face for the rest of my life. it was the greatest thing ever. i dont care who you are, a third gear scratch out of a street truck is something to be proud of IMO.

allmixedup047
10-17-2004, 09:46 PM
almost forgot, he didnt pass us. he couldnt keep up, we were running so fast the tonew(sp) cover on the bed came un bottoned and flew off.

LazeR
10-17-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by allmixedup047
almost forgot, he didnt pass us. he couldnt keep up, we were running so fast the tonew(sp) cover on the bed came un bottoned and flew off.

i think its toneau or something weird! Anyway thats crazy! Did you go back and get it? lol. Fastest car i think ive ever ridden in was a viper :rolleyes:

allmixedup047
10-17-2004, 09:53 PM
i mean i dont mean to be bashing because there are some quick *** rice cars out there

i.e. toyota supra, and rx7
totally agree with you. i mean even turning a civic into a high 13sec car is saying something, cause that car is a 17sec car to start out with in the 1/4. i remember a couple years ago seeing a honda S2000 at the local drags running 8sec in the 1/4 mile. it was a fast mofo.

allmixedup047
10-17-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by LazeR
i think its toneau or something weird! Anyway thats crazy! Did you go back and get it? lol. Fastest car i think ive ever ridden in was a viper :rolleyes:
toneau, thats it. the cover still had like 6 bottons holding it on by the time we got stoped, it was like a superman cape as we were going about 130 with a 3speed.:macho

Got Roost?
10-17-2004, 09:58 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid143/p54d43c9741c574475e864d56035d98c4/f69a122c.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid143/pd4247d61732a77d2a12495ab81ec36b1/f69a122a.jpg

Quad18star
10-17-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Got Roost?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid143/p54d43c9741c574475e864d56035d98c4/f69a122c.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid143/pd4247d61732a77d2a12495ab81ec36b1/f69a122a.jpg

LMMFAO ..... now that is funny ...... :blah:

Dale512
10-17-2004, 10:01 PM
Remember, just because a car is a 4-Cylinder or import it's not a ricer, ricer is a mentality:rolleyes:

Back on the subject, I currently own a Dodge SRT4 and a Subaru Impreza STI, both purchased with the intent of going fast at the track not on the street, no body kits, none of that crap, no big stereos or anything like that. Now I love the V8s, next car will more than likely be some sort of V8, but I personally think its more fun to make a Turbocharged 4-Cylinder run 10/11s than it is to make a V8 do the same thing, sure its cheaper, but where the fun in that? Tunings half the fun right? But I must say nothing can beat the sound of a Big-Block with some Big Lopey Cams and blower. Except a V10 or V12.

But I do agree, most of the imports around here do belong to people with the ricer mentality and it ruins it for everybody that just wants to go out and enjoy thereselves with their car once in awhile.

TCracin440ex
10-17-2004, 10:01 PM
roflmao...yes thats great lmao

Quad18star
10-17-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Dale512
Remember, just because a car is a 4-Cylinder or import it's not a ricer, ricer is a mentality:rolleyes:

Back on the subject, I currently own a Dodge SRT4 and a Subaru Impreza STI, both purchased with the intent of going fast at the track not on the street, no body kits, none of that crap, no big stereos or anything like that. Now I love the V8s, next car will more than likely be some sort of V8, but I personally think its more fun to make a Turbocharged 4-Cylinder run 10/11s than it is to make a V8 do the same thing, sure its cheaper, but where the fun in that? Tunings half the fun right? But I must say nothing can beat the sound of a Big-Block with some Big Lopey Cams and blower. Except a V10 or V12.

But I do agree, most of the imports around here do belong to people with the ricer mentality and it ruins it for everybody that just wants to go out and enjoy thereselves with their car once in awhile.

Ya you are right on that also ... it is a mentality .

I still like the easy to work on , naturally aspirated cars . I find it fun to see how many ponnies I can get out of a 400 chevy small block . The motor I just sold , was dynoed at over 500 HP . Sold it for $1100 without a cam or intake . The dude put it in his older Camaro , with a mild street cam ( has enough rumble) and a decent Intake and he is running high 10s in the car without much other work done to the car other than sticky tires and different rear end gearing .

Dale512
10-17-2004, 10:14 PM
Yeah, my dad has a '71 Corvette 454, it has cams and different carb, never dynoed it and he won't take it to the track, it moves....but my STI just moves a bit better and I'll tell ya my SRT is right with it.

Technology just intrigues me more, probably the reason I bought the Cannondale, but simplicity has it's advantages, I realize that the minute I have to work on the Cannondale, look over a see my YFZ sitting there and just think about how much easier it is to work on.

kicken250x
10-17-2004, 10:25 PM
even tho i agree with everything said in this post. i still love my honda! but i have a real honda...none of these BS civic sedans and accords that weigh 2 tons and preludes that weigh even more...im soon to be rockin the CRX. one of the only hondas worth building. its not one of these big ******* kitted out with the park bench sitting on the hatch, the most insanely loud high pitched exhaust ever. it will have a kit and such on it...but its the drag kit...aka just enough bumper cover to cover the bumper, fiberglass doors and hatch...one piece drag front end. im hoping to break the 7 second bearier with this one. i have 2 speakers in the doors and those are soon to be moved to the back because the glass doors wont hold them.

dont get me wrong...i LLOOVVEE the rumble of a big block but i dont have the funds to build one. i wish i did. the honda is a cheap way to go fast. all these ricer guys with their 300 hp in pure stickers and gauges for their tire pressure is the stupidest thing ever. ive got the boost, temp, oil pressure, tach and a few other needed things and those are only because my stock cluster is broke.

not everyone is like THEM im with you on how stupid they are, i TOTALY agree... i have fun while im driving yea, but im not flying around at 100+ mph, weaving in and out of traffic, burning out at every stop light possible, reving up at everyone. some people just have no common sense at all and it pisses me off...it screws it up for all of us...:mad: :(

LazeR
10-17-2004, 10:25 PM
How do you like your STi ? I would love to have one, one of the best looking cars if you ask me! What color is it ? I bet your dad was a little suprised your lil 4 cylinder was quicker then his v8. That's what i think is crazy, that some 4 cylinders can produce 300-800hp! Now its not naturally aspirated like most v8's that produce the same amount of power, but its still crazy

Dale512
10-17-2004, 10:36 PM
I love my STI, my dad wasnt to surprised that it would beat it, he's pretty down to earth and knows that 4-Cylinders can be faster than a V8, whereas my neighbor has an older Camaro with a small block V8 with nothing done to it except exhaust and no matter how many times I show him my 10-second 1/4 time slip or my dyno graph showing over 600HP he still thinks that his Camaro will waste my car, he also thinks his Blaster with a 240 kit is the fastest quad around also. lol

Quad18star
10-17-2004, 10:37 PM
No Replacement For Displacement . :devil:

Dale512
10-17-2004, 10:38 PM
No Replacement For Displacement .

Shouldn't you be riding a KFX700 or Raptor? j/k

TCracin440ex
10-17-2004, 10:39 PM
yea but how much money did u have to put into that STI to get it to 600 hp and 10 seconds??

Dale512
10-17-2004, 10:40 PM
Admittedly too much.

But once I get my V8 I'm not gonna be happy with 10-second runs, I'll be looking to dip quite a bit lower so in the end I'll still end up spending a crapload of $$$.

TCracin440ex
10-17-2004, 10:40 PM
o yea and it aint how much hp you have its how you get your power to the ground

with the right gear ratio and tire combo im sure a slightly modded camaro z28 will burn your ***

Dale512
10-17-2004, 10:43 PM
Trust me I know about traction, my SRT has quite a problem with that, on the other hand my AWD STI has no problem getting it to the ground and I must add that I'm not done tuning the STI by anymeans.;)

TCracin440ex
10-17-2004, 10:43 PM
for proally half of what you have into your STI u could have bought a nice USED camaro z28 for about anywhere between 5-16 grand and threw some gears, tires, wheels, intake, computer upgrade, exhaust cutouts, and cam and run just as good or if not better than that STI

or if you really want to get technical...you can get a supercharger for a camaro for about 3 grand

Quad18star
10-17-2004, 10:45 PM
Shouldn't you be riding a KFX700 or Raptor? j/k

Yeah but they aren't as purdy . :blah:

And as TCracing440ex said , 600 HP is nothing if you can't get the power to the ground . We ahd over $10 000 invested in our rear end setup in our Nova .

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/213578

There she is !!!!!!!!

Dale512
10-17-2004, 10:45 PM
But its no big deal to get a V8 into the 11s or 10s, its quite a different story trying to get a I4 into the 10s...I'm looking for 9s.

Quad18star
10-17-2004, 10:48 PM
But its no big deal to get a V8 into the 11s or 10s, its quite a different story trying to get a I4 into the 10s...I'm looking for 9s.

Get ready for a lot of modifying and lots of test and tune . Everyone thinks it's easy to run 9's .... WRONG !!! We broke the 10's with our Nova .... getting that 0.3 of a second faster is an accomplishment

Dale512
10-17-2004, 10:48 PM
Quad18star, thats a beutiful Nova. Infact my best run in my STI is 10.87 @ 133mph, btw it's not gutted, full interior, and I can see past my hood scoop to :blah:

TCracin440ex
10-17-2004, 10:49 PM
i understand people like a challenge....but that much money to get a car to run that fast just doesnt appeal to me or my wallet

sorry dude but for what you have in your car you could have bought a brand new mustang cobra and put a simple pulley upgrade on it and be able to push more boost and make more hp....

im not tryin to cut you down, but im jus sayin all that money in a piece of fiberglass

Dale512
10-17-2004, 10:50 PM
I go to every test and tune I can, and I know how hard it is to get that .03 seconds. I'm still on pump gas tho.

Quad18star
10-17-2004, 10:51 PM
Quad18star, thats a beutiful Nova. Infact my best run in my STI is 10.87 @ 133mph, btw it's not gutted, full interior, and I can see past my hood scoop to :blah:

Thats quick then ... and I'll give you credit . The Nova was still all steel fenders , hood etc . Even had the original glass in it . We had two bucket racing seats also . We weighed it one a scale oen day and it was around 3250 lbs . We were impressed when we carried the front wheels through the 60' mark . Thanks for the compliments .... wish we still had the car .

Dale512
10-17-2004, 10:53 PM
Hey, I'm just spending my money on what I like to do, nothing wrong with that. :macho

Dale512
10-17-2004, 10:57 PM
Wow, this thread went from complaning about idiot ricers to talking about tuning, talk about changing subjects.

BTW a simple pulley upgrade isnt going to give a Cobra 600+HP. But I know what your saying about the dollar/HP ratio.

TCracin440ex
10-17-2004, 10:57 PM
not condeming you for that...but i jus had to say what i had to say about ricers...your a drag racer not a ricer....there is a difference....i actually respect the STI because they are quick as hell in stock form

but when every weekend you have to deal with the head pounding, engine reving, ground shaking noises a ricer produce u get tired of it

i look at it this way...many people spend tons in their quads to never race mx or race at all or when they do they dont place good...but they still blow their wad on what they like doin...and thats pretty much what your doin cept its with your car...cept the not placing part or not racing

just these ricers that put the can exhaust on their car and body kits and spend all the money for looks is just retarded...

all show and no go..thats what i call the rice cars

Dale512
10-17-2004, 11:01 PM
all show and no go..thats what i call the rice cars

Amen to that.

allmixedup047
10-17-2004, 11:10 PM
who ever has the most money wins! if you dont have a lot of money, then you have to be smart.

my buddies dad held a world record for fastest naturaly asperated hot street car. it was a 9.70sec 1992 mustang LX. it had a 347(or whatever the stroked 302 comes out to be) in it. he could put the power to the ground then lift it back up off the ground. i will try to find the picture of him at our local strip hitting the trunk lifting all 4 wheels off the ground.

needless to say hes a millionaire, and now has the car in the low 7's with some sort of turbocharged conjunction under the hood. i will see what kind of info i can get on it.

tp450
10-18-2004, 12:30 AM
I agree about the ricers, I have a 55 Willys pickup lifted with 35's and a roller 350 in it. I love it when a ricer pulls up next to me and all got to do it give it some gas and smile at the little guy. They may get me at top speed but who cares, it is how fast you can get there right.

hondarider2006
10-18-2004, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
This has to be the greatest post ever ..... everything is so true .

I will have to agree 100%:D :cool:

BlazingYamahaYz
10-18-2004, 06:41 AM

Thank you. Not EVERYONE who owns an Import(including myself-altho its actually 70% domestic) is a RICER. I know my car is slower than most out there, so I don't try to make it look fast/pretend its fast.

thomps6s
10-18-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by fastmofo
k, ill share a story, my buddy bought a 1989 ford probe gt w/2.2l turbo, bought it for $400, needed a clutch, put a clutch in it. rest of the car is bone stock

raced a 1999 prelude with a supercharger and upwards of 10 grand under the hood.

they line up, go, my buddy jumps about 3 car lengths on the prelude right away and keeps gaining!! the person with the prelude payed $15,000 for the car, my buddy payed $700 with clutch

the probe has yet to loose a race, beat a gsx eclipse, tsi talon, and umpteen civics..

not going to diss too much on honda, but you can't argue with american engineering (sp?)

I agree 100%, american muscle is the ultimate. But I also thought you should know that Ford Probes (MX6) along with Ford rangers (B-series trucks) are Mazdas with a ford Emblem. Check the engine. I had a 90 probe with a 3.0 V6 and it was a Mazda engine same as the MX6. Check the web.

quadrcr161
10-18-2004, 09:01 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember, just because a car is a 4-Cylinder or import it's not a ricer, ricer is a mentality

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by BlazingYamahaYz
Thank you. Not EVERYONE who owns an Import(including myself-altho its actually 70% domestic) is a RICER. I know my car is slower than most out there, so I don't try to make it look fast/pretend its fast.

i agree, not everyone with a import or even a modded import is rice or an idiot. they are car guys also, they want to find a spot and hang out like you say the v8 guys do. a real car guy has respect that is put into any type of car because they know the amount of work that it takes. you can usually look at the driver and car and tell the type of person it is, and it even falls into the domestic world. there are quite the riced out v8s running around, or the poser v6 stangs :rolleyes: (now those are gay *** cars) just take the time to look the cars over, each one can be just as impressive. i LOVE my little crx, its light, handles great, and gets around 36MPg with a motor swap :D i wana see a v8 guy do that, haha.
barking 3rd gear in a truck isnt that hard, ive seen an s-15 get sideways in 3rd with the stock 4 cyl, and ive grabed 3rd pretty hard in my stock crx before. now roasting both rears into 3rd gear is a sight.
what is fun about small cars is at an auto-x. running a better time in a stock crx or miata then a mustang or vett. but what would you expect out of a oversized go-cart. :D

PHAT400
10-18-2004, 09:05 AM
Nice thread gang...

I grew up with big american cars. Dad drove the big v8 Oldsmobile 98's , the cutlass supreme (1971) a couple of mid 60's Malibu's and Chevelle's etc......

Began my driving career in 1985 with a VW baja bug (1969)and quickly went to a 1973 Monte Carlo with the 350ci 4 barrel and swivel captain's chair's. Graduated high school and baught a 1987 Buick Grand National GNX, loved the car but could'nt afford it if I moved out. Sold it after 6 glorious month's and 2 rear set's of Goodyear Gatorback's. Sold it for sticker simply because I was cluelss as to what I had. (dad new but was afraid I was gonna kill myself).
Moved out, got evicted from my apartment and moved home again. Bought a 1965 GTO 389ci Tri-power 4-speed. Beutifull car but again, could'nt afford it and a winter car plus rent. Sold it.... 15k.

Had a miriad of cars ove the next 8 years until 1995
when I decided to pick up a Chevy Impala SS.

Traded that for a 1996 model in February 1997.

I've written all this to tell you this.

I love american hot rod's, alway's will..

But since my beginning my current job (Feb 1996) I have been exsposed to ALL forms of motorsports.

e.g IRL, F1,CART, ASA, NASCAR,BUSCH,SCCA Pro-Solo II, SCCA Auto-X,PRO-RALLY, NHRA, NIRA, PORSCHE SUPERCUP... the list goes on and on....

I bought a 1988 VW Scirocco16V, upgraded the suspension and brake's and went road racing, not alot of power but what a freakin riot in the corners...

My point being, Running a light wt car at full speed through the corners @ Gingerman Raceway is an absolute blast. But I still enjoy the retina detatching force of a drag car....

MOTOSPORTS RULE>>>>

muff
10-18-2004, 10:30 AM
i understand people like a challenge....but that much money to get a car to run that fast just doesnt appeal to me or my wallet

then why do you have a 400ex :p

Quad18star
10-18-2004, 10:39 AM
PHAT400 ..... where exactly do you work ??? Or what kind of work do you do?? Just by reading what you posted , I'm jealous ... I wanna be around F1 cars :( LOL

You had an 87 Buick Grand National GNX and sold it ???? Come here so I can smack you . LOL Must be kicking yourself in the *** for selling it eh?? Seeing that car on the market right now will pull in $25 000 in good shape and well over $ 30 000 in excelent shape . I'm looking for one if I can find one for a decent price .... love them cars .

Anyone know anybody looking for a 1969 Plymouth Barracuda with a 340 in it?? Overheard the old man talking today that he's gunna put the car up for sale and either buy an old truck , or use the money for the new cottage we just bought . The car was fully rebuilt over the past 3 years and was completed last summer . The car holds a value of about $32 000 Canadian , so probably about $23 - 24 000 American dollars .

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid114/p3f7c0bbcd5f268dbc916b37e9cebb029/f8d7440b.jpg

Toadz400
10-18-2004, 11:08 AM
If I had the money for that car, I'd go for it.

Either this winter or this upcoming summer, my dad and I are dropping a 350 into my '96 Sonoma. If it had a 4.3 in it, I wouldn't have a problem at all with the engine...but unfortunately it has the awful 2.2L 4-cylinder 5-spd engine. With nothing in the truck at all and the tailgate down (less air resistance) it can barely pull itself! When I drove my mom's Stratus again (2.4L SOHC 4 cyl), since my turn signals stopped working, it felt like the fastest thing in the world! That's when you know you have a slow truck!

How fast do you think this truck would be? 350 V8 with an Edlebrock 4-barrel carb (obviously carburated).

Quad18star
10-18-2004, 11:12 AM
Ive seen a Sonoma / S10 with a 350 dropped into it .... they move pretty good . You'll have to get traction bars and do a little bit of suspension work to be able to get the power to the ground cuz I'll guarantee you'll be smoking the tires like nothing . It's gunna be tough getting the power to the ground without suspension mods.

PHAT400
10-18-2004, 11:36 AM
PHAT400 ..... where exactly do you work ??? Or what kind of work do you do?? Just by reading what you posted , I'm jealous ... I wanna be around F1 cars :( LOL

You had an 87 Buick Grand National GNX and sold it ???? Come here so I can smack you . LOL Must be kicking yourself in the *** for selling it eh?? Seeing that car on the market right now will pull in $25 000 in good shape and well over $ 30 000 in excelent shape . I'm looking for one if I can find one for a decent price .... love them cars .

Anyone know anybody looking for a 1969 Plymouth Barracuda with a 340 in it?? Overheard the old man talking today that he's gunna put the car up for sale and either buy an old truck , or use the money for the new cottage we just bought . The car was fully rebuilt over the past 3 years and was completed last summer . The car holds a value of about $32 000 Canadian , so probably about $23 - 24 000 American dollars .

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid114/p3f7c0bbcd5f268dbc916b37e9cebb029/f8d7440b.jpg

Hey Quadstar... Nice CUDA..

Yeah had I known any better I would have stayed at home and paid the car off.. the dude that baught it was the GM of the Dealership I bought it from. He was on vaca when the car came into the dealership and the sales guy's were so jacked to get it that they had forgotten it was to be on display only and not for sale. (the GM wanted first crack at it but it needed to be on the floor per the dealership owners instructions.) My dad and I went in to look at it and he say's, I think this might be fun. My grandfather was a car dealer in the late 40's to late 60's and all the dealers in the area new my dad. The sales manager gave me the car @ sticker (24k) because of my dad.

The GM came back from vaca and flipped out. Too late bucko...

Well I was out cruising 1 night contemplating what to do with this car and the GM's kid rolled up to me and say's his dad want's this same car. Well if a kid say's he want's it, yeah right... but someone's dad ... cool....

Called him and he say's, look .. you snagged it out from under me so I'll give you what you paid for it...

SOLD!!!!!..

I clearly see my mistake now...

Oh and I work for The Tire Rack. Wholesale, been here for 9 yrs..
Love it. have had the opportunity to meet and chill with some very cool and popular people in the motorsports industry...

wilkin250r
10-18-2004, 01:50 PM

DEAL
10-18-2004, 03:31 PM
for proally half of what you have into your STI u could have bought a nice USED camaro z28 for about anywhere between 5-16 grand and threw some gears, tires, wheels, intake, computer upgrade, exhaust cutouts, and cam and run just as good or if not better than that STI

or if you really want to get technical...you can get a supercharger for a camaro for about 3 grand

He could have .. but he now has a better handling, better looking car than a camaro. and I bet the Sti is easier on gas there v8 boy.

Dale512
10-18-2004, 04:24 PM
AWD drive handles like a dream, plus I have the strut bars and suspension setup for handling. I personally like the looks of the STI over the newer-style Camaro's, but not some of the older ones, older musclecars look hot as hell. Also I can still drive my STI on the street and get more the 20mpg.

DEAL
10-18-2004, 04:52 PM
AWD drive handles like a dream, plus I have the strut bars and suspension setup for handling. I personally like the looks of the STI over the newer-style Camaro's, but not some of the older ones, older musclecars look hot as hell. Also I can still drive my STI on the street and get more the 20mpg.

I work at a subaru dealership, I love the Sti and the new Legacy Gt's

bansheeguy77
10-18-2004, 05:01 PM
ive always loved v8's and z28's. but i must admit i drove a z28 and a wrx sti and the sti was more fun. a regular wrx the z28 probably would be better. to me the sti handled better. but its all in what you want. the z28= used, v8 rear wheel drive. sti= new or used, awd, turbo, 4 cylinder. both are completely different and yet the best in their own way.
but yes most ricers are immature children who think they are cool. i will more than likely be getting an eclipse or jetta pretty soon simply because i only have around 5 grand and want it to last as long as i can being im poor. glad to see this didnt turn into a flame thread.

its strange to see how ya'll love honda cycles but HATE their cars :confused: :confused:

JHF219
10-18-2004, 05:15 PM
Ok guys,

the whole import domestic thing is old. i drive and import and i think that a lot of you would be thoroughly suprised at the power this thing makes. the car is stock looking until you open the hood its not lowered or anything actually i have 17 inch wheels with 245/45 tires. i have a lot of friends that drive domestics and we all show each other respect. you have fast cars in both worlds domestic and import if someone wants to have a goofy *** body kit and a huge wing that is thier choice. dont make fun of them for it and clasify all import drivers as ricers!! and for that matter i have seen quite a few domestics sportin big arse wings and lowered and goofy other products.

venting done.

Got Roost?
10-18-2004, 05:15 PM
my buddies dad held a world record for fastest naturaly asperated hot street car. it was a 9.70sec 1992 mustang LX. it had a 347(or whatever the stroked 302 comes out to be) in it. he could put the power to the ground then lift it back up off the ground. i will try to find the picture of him at our local strip hitting the trunk lifting all 4 wheels off the ground.

hey chris, what color is your friends dads mustang? and does he run at KCIR?

DEAL
10-18-2004, 05:30 PM
I have to say , I like imports , but when you have kids trying to make their civics look like lamborghinis.. and other cars they are NOT it really annoys me ....
You drive a civic .. make it look like a civic .. rims, tint, clear lights .. maybe even an exhaust .. thats fine .. but spending thousands on big goofy body kits and doors that open upwards is just plain stupid in my opinion.
It it isn't fast .. don't attempt to make it look fast.

JHF219
10-18-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by DEAL
I have to say , I like imports , but when you have kids trying to make their civics look like lamborghinis.. and other cars they are NOT it really annoys me ....
You drive a civic .. make it look like a civic .. rims, tint, clear lights .. maybe even an exhaust .. thats fine .. but spending thousands on big goofy body kits and doors that open upwards is just plain stupid in my opinion.
It it isn't fast .. don't attempt to make it look fast.

now that is a statement i can agree with !! i agree the body kits and **** look dumb im not saying they look good!! hell my car is fast and i dont have any of that dumb **** on it !!

TCracin440ex
10-18-2004, 05:32 PM
my buddy has a 95 mitsubishi eclipse and hes got vertical doors on his car...but he doesnt race or anything or try to be fast...his car is being set up for show

JHF219
10-18-2004, 05:34 PM
my buddy has a 95 mitsubishi eclipse and hes got vertical doors on his car...but he doesnt race or anything or try to be fast...his car is being set up for show

understandable for a show car no complaints there probably get a lot of chrome work and stuff under the hood! show cars(true show cars) get crazy stuff installed and wild *** paint !!

TCracin440ex
10-18-2004, 05:39 PM
hes still in progress with alot of parts for his car

right now its in the shop gettin head work, crower springs, crower cams, and all that stuff

after that hes doin a targa top, fiberglassin the dash and interrior, 4 subs....but this is all for show he dont want to race it or anything

JHF219
10-18-2004, 05:41 PM
hes still in progress with alot of parts for his car

right now its in the shop gettin head work, crower springs, crower cams, and all that stuff

after that hes doin a targa top, fiberglassin the dash and interrior, 4 subs....but this is all for show he dont want to race it or anything

hey be sure and let your buddy know that those targa tops create HELLA body roll just for his information!! there have been several of them done and even with a cage in them they still roll like mad !!

TCracin440ex
10-18-2004, 05:43 PM
yea he really dont care, like i said he aint road racing w/ it or anything, most likley it will be driven to shows, and thats about it...other than that i suspect it will become a trailer queen or a garage car

BKex
10-18-2004, 05:48 PM
Speaking of all the American muscle here is a car my dad just bought. 1967 vette 454 dynoed around 530hp set up with a computerized N.O.S. witch gives it 150 shot it 2nd gear and another 150 shot in 3rd for a total of 300. We havent ran it yet but the other owner had a best run of 10.3 at 133.
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-10/853953/hotrod1.jpg
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-10/853953/hotrod2.jpg

Out_Sider
10-18-2004, 06:02 PM
yeah, muscle cars are cool, but look at fuel mileage.. who can really afford to drive a muscle car everyday with fuel prices the way they are.. i say quit *****ing about how you dont like something, its how they want to be so let them be there selfs.. quit tryin to make everyone be just like you

TCracin440ex
10-18-2004, 06:04 PM
whoa buddy who pulled your tampond string...these are my opinions n i never did try to force you to think like me

400EXrider#91
10-18-2004, 06:35 PM
last year at the cruise in show at ocean city,maryland my buddys and i were riding in a 302 crate motored mustang i'm not sure of the year but it was like a 2002 i think. the motor is a very strong running motor. anyway, we were just cruisin and checkin out all the nice rods. this jetta rolled up, piss yellow with a fat pipe starts running his mouth about how his motor puts out so much more power than ours. we roll up to a red light he is right beside us. dan (the driver) did a burnout for like 2 seconds just to let him know this thing isn't posing like his was. well just to let you know the boy took off slowly and didn't have a problem after that:macho

PHAT400
10-19-2004, 09:34 AM
opinion's and as*holes, I have one and so do you, this does'nt appear to be a slam thread. It look's like a good civilized thread so far. I for one enjoy hearing all the different opinion's as long as they do not turn into a flame fest..

"i say quit *****ing about how you dont like something, its how they want to be so let them be there selfs.. quit tryin to make everyone be just like you"

Toadz400
10-19-2004, 10:52 AM
Ive seen a Sonoma / S10 with a 350 dropped into it .... they move pretty good . You'll have to get traction bars and do a little bit of suspension work to be able to get the power to the ground cuz I'll guarantee you'll be smoking the tires like nothing . It's gunna be tough getting the power to the ground without suspension mods.

I plan on getting a suspension package from GM for $700...if they still offer it. It comes with new tires and rims, anti-sway bar, better shocks and different springs. I think that's it, and for $700 I believe that's a steal.

Anyone know what kind of gas mileage you would get with a 305/350 in a Sonoma? (Carburated)

wilkin250r
10-19-2004, 03:05 PM
I've seen some fast import cars. I've seen a Supra that puts out nearly twice the peak HP of a stock Viper.

But at the same time, I think it's kind of odd. If I want to build a drag quad or a hillshooter, I'm going to start with a Banshee or a Quadzilla. I'm certainly not going to start with a 250EX. If you're going to build a fast car, why do you start with an economy commuter?

dunnonuttin
10-19-2004, 04:26 PM

my version

US ( me and friend): sideways into turn and spin out
THEM: sliding everywhere tryin to keep from hitting you

that was the scariest ***** ive ever been through in my life

Dale512
10-19-2004, 05:34 PM
If you're going to build a fast car, why do you start with an economy commuter?

Because we can:o , lol Seriously, incase you havent noticed it's mostly younger people that do this because thats all they can afford, most 16/17-year olds can't afford a big V8 that gets a whole 15mpg.

TCracin440ex
10-19-2004, 05:36 PM
i turn 18 the 24th which is sunday....i dont work a job, i dont pay insurance, and i drive a 1998 chevrolet silverado z71 with a 5.7ltr vortec 350

Dale512
10-19-2004, 05:57 PM
Not trying to be nosey, where do you get the money to drive it if you don't work, and since you don't pay your insurance I assume you didnt pay for the truck either? Most 16/17 year olds have to pay for their cars, insurance, and gas.

TCracin440ex
10-19-2004, 06:02 PM
no i did pay for the truck...i paid 5,000 for the truck...it was my moms before it was mine...she let me have it for 5k, and she got a 2000 model tahoe z71 same motor and shyt as mine

i do pay for gas doing sidejobs like mowing lawns, and helping out the folks arround the house...i also had a old alu. pool down here it was about 900lbs of scrap alu. that i took off and got the money off that and would pay for gas that way...and when the money would run out id get it from my parents or grandparents

i just put a new motor in my truck that costed 1,200 dollars that i didnt even have to pay for...i guess im just fortunate

Dale512
10-19-2004, 06:11 PM
Yeah, you seem to be pretty fortunate. I'm not going to pretend that I'm not though, because I am, but the simply fact of the matter is that most 16/17-year olds can't afford to drive a truck like that let alone a Camaro or Firebird, so they gotta go with what they can.

TCracin440ex
10-19-2004, 06:20 PM
shyt u think im fortunate

my buddy had an 03 mustang GT with vortech supercharger, after cooler, nitto tires, convertible, battery relocator, x pipes, race automatic tranny, 4.10 gears, bbk headers, just about any kinda part u could get to make that car have more hp..his dad bought all of this

well he went to the dragstrip like the other weekend and he put a tune on the car, and the car lost the tune...he was at the dragstrip till 3 in the morning waitin for a roll back to come get him

well what would most people in his place do....fix their **** and keep on gettin it...

his dad goes out and buys him a brand new 04 mustang cobra just last friday...hes a spoiled brat...kid is set for live he will never have to work a day in his life

spud400ex
10-19-2004, 10:02 PM
i like most imports but just cant stand the sound of the exhuast, i call them ricer pipes, and one thing that is retarded is one guy in my home town put a ricer pipe on a ford ranger.

right after i got my truck, 2000 s-10 w/ 4.3 vortec, a ricer dared me into a race at a stoplight and i didnt even get on the gas very hard and smoked him. he was slammin gears hardcore just to keep up, if i got on the gas hard i would have smoked him with ease.

Dale512
10-19-2004, 10:51 PM
Neither my STI or my SRT have the ricer fartcan sound on them, my SRT has a Dual Tip setup, although a single may flow slightly better I absolutely hate the ricer sound so I went Dual Tip on the SRT and my STI has the single, but it sounds like a mack truck, lol.