PDA

View Full Version : dumont dune people please read this!!!

REDARMYRACER
10-17-2004, 05:54 PM
My freind and I are going to Vegas nov 11 through the 15 and will be going to the dunes out there... I live in Michigan and ride at silver lake sand dunes, but I can circle the park in under 5 minutes. So we're heading out to Vegas and said sweet lets rent a truck and check out some real sand dunes... I would bring the R but that would be expensive so we're going to check it out anyway. any info would be apreciated... drive time, whats cool out there, anything. I WOULD RATHER GO THERE TO RIDE THEN GAMBLE!!!!!!!

foleyit
10-18-2004, 08:16 PM
Your looking at about a good 2 hour drive. The quickest route is take Interstate 15 (I-15) south to Baker. Exit in Baker and go to Hwy 127 and head north. Definitely, stop in Baker and get gas ad food because there is nothing out there at the Dumont Dunes. You have about another 45-60 min drive.

I forgot the name of the dirt road you will need to make a right on, but you won't miss Dumont Dunes. Oh yeah, and don't mistaken the little dunes of the hwy for Dumont.

You may find some people out there that weekend. I doubt that it will be crowded.

Here is a pic of the comp hill side of the dunes.

stiffy
10-19-2004, 01:57 PM
You can also take Blue Diamond towards Parhump and then go left towards Tecopah that's the way we always went. I think it's a bit faster

400exreaper
10-25-2004, 09:30 PM
I live in vegas and i will that you will have a great time at dumont. and that rode they refered to is blue diamond high way but on the map it is high way 160. i live at the top of the mountains on the wey to pahrump. its called mountain springs and it is like 10 minutes from vegas. pull over and ill go riding with u on my suzuki z400 there is some really cool trails up hear and it would be cool to ride with some one new. so give me a reply on what u think!

mephyst
11-06-2004, 01:59 AM
4 day weekend, might be a good crowd of people. I will be there!