PDA

View Full Version : ATV Security

tjar66
10-17-2004, 05:45 PM
How well are your ATV's secured? What kind of locks/chains/cables/guns do you use?

Screamin440
10-17-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by tjar66
How well are your ATV's secured? What kind of locks/chains/cables/guns do you use?

I take it out to my grandfather's farm and put it in behind his barn where he used to put his RV Camper. I put it in the corner and then pull the tractor up behind it pushing the bucket up under the back tires so it can't be dragged out or pulled out.

I also have full insurance - fire, theft and comprehensive.

gyt-r450
10-17-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Screamin440
I take it out to my grandfather's farm and put it in behind his barn where he used to put his RV Camper. I put it in the corner and then pull the tractor up behind it pushing the bucket up under the back tires so it can't be dragged out or pulled out.

I also have full insurance - fire, theft and comprehensive.

all that for a honda:huh j/k

Toadz400
10-17-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by gyt-r450

That's not quite the smartest way to get along with people on this site ;) .

Both of mine aren't secured at all...sitting in my temporary shed pretty much in the open. Haven't been stolen yet...as soon as I get more room in there I will be parking my truck in front of them.

mntly_imptnt
10-17-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by gyt-r450

ya, everyone knows the yammies aren't worth stealing! lol!! :devil: :macho :p

250xridamatt
10-17-2004, 09:01 PM
Both of mine aren't secured at all...sitting in my temporary shed pretty much in the open. Haven't been stolen yet...as soon as I get more room in there I will be parking my truck in front of them.

O yea, your the one with that awesome z! so where do you live again??? haha J/k, anyone that steals a fourwheeler should be shot.

My fourwheeler is just sitting in my shop. I do have my big gaurd cat living around the area. But i don't worry too much, considering there are things in my garage more valuable than my fourwheeler

LazeR
10-17-2004, 10:20 PM
Mine are in my garage, and the door is always locked

Martin Blair
10-17-2004, 10:28 PM
keeping your qauds outside you guys need to treat em better.

All of our are in our garge that is below my bedroom so sleep above my 450 and the door is always closed and you cant open it when hook up to the electric opener, I would hear them at night and when were not home and dont ahve em with us our alarm is on and we have full coverage on all of them.

Quad18star
10-18-2004, 10:30 AM
Mines parked off to the side of our garage and my old man 69 'Cuda is beside it . The way my garage is shaped , they would need to lift the quad over the car to get it out the garage door . But for the trouble of breaking into my garage , they might as well take the Barracuda because the keys are always in it .... keys are always in my 450 also . Outside , we always have either my car or my old man's truck parked in front of the garage door . Thiefs would ahve too much trouble getting anything they wanted ..... they might as well go over to my neighbours temporary garage and steal all his stuff .... a lot easier and faster .

Oh I also have a security alarm and a guard dog that I forgot to mention .

Screamin440
10-18-2004, 12:09 PM
I forgot to mention my mom's annoying little YorkiePoo and my XD40 with Ranger SXTs.

MY450R
10-18-2004, 12:22 PM
mine my brothers and two of our buds keep them in our garage with the keys in them and the door is always unlocked
however the door weighs like 300lbs.
we took the door springs off that way weknow noone will get that sucker open
or they may get it open but they wouldnt be able to hold it open

chucked
10-18-2004, 12:51 PM
has anyone actally ever caught someone trying to steal their quad....????

MY450R
10-18-2004, 01:16 PM
no but ive been accused of stealing a f ing cr80
dude came to my house at like midnight woke me up and starts yelling at me
i flattened his nose to his face and the next day he came up again and appologized because they found out who did it
i was like oh but im not sorry for pounding you cause everyone that knows me knows id never steal anything
a week later i saw him at the bar with his friends and his friends made fun of him for gettin his arse whooped for accusing someone for stealing without first getting the facts
plus what the hell do i want a little db like that for anyway

PHIL_B54
10-18-2004, 03:25 PM
I work at a chain factory

PHIL_B54
10-18-2004, 03:27 PM
bucket full of concrete, and a d-section chain. as with any anti theft device...it only keeps the honest people honest, if they really want it, they'll get it