PDA

View Full Version : Snow!!

400exr
10-17-2004, 03:38 PM
Well, this morning I woke up to about 2" of snow!!. It probably won't stay on the ground for long, but atleast it's a sign of good things to come!!:D
I guess I'll have to see about getting my sled a little earlier this year!!:blah:

TheFontMaster
10-17-2004, 04:11 PM
I hate you!! I want snow!

kawasaki_ridah
10-17-2004, 04:26 PM
it was snowing here in south east virginia friday it didnt amount to anything but hey its a start. winter is my favorite time of the year

10-17-2004, 04:44 PM
about 2 hours nrth of where i live got about 3 feet. my uncle was already ski-dooing.

gyt-r450
10-17-2004, 04:48 PM
well the slopes are open here:blah: :macho

sam the brave
10-17-2004, 04:52 PM
well i hopefully i will have my ex back by the first snow fall

gratzracing24
10-17-2004, 06:03 PM
On sat i had a football game and during it there was a mix between snow hail and rain at like 10 am but it was only for like 15 mins

exatak199
10-17-2004, 08:00 PM
i got snow at about 6000ft up the little mountian behind mw makes me wanaa go rideing up there and play in the snow:(

kamikaze_rzrbak
10-17-2004, 08:03 PM
in two months you will all be complaining about the snow:p

Quad18star
10-17-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by sEX
about 2 hours nrth of where i live got about 3 feet. my uncle was already ski-dooing.

Now you are a true Canadian ..... only a Canadian calls it Ski-Dooing . :blah: I catch myself saying it all the time .

It snowed here all day today .... nothing stayed on the ground though . Soon enough it'll stay . Usually Halloween is when we get a dumping of a foot or so ..... just to ruin Halloween for the kids and their parents.

JDiablo
10-17-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Now you are a true Canadian ..... only a Canadian calls it Ski-Dooing . :blah: I catch myself saying it all the time .

It snowed here all day today .... nothing stayed on the ground though . Soon enough it'll stay . Usually Halloween is when we get a dumping of a foot or so ..... just to ruin Halloween for the kids and their parents.

man i wish it would snow here for halloween...and goose night,forget the eggs or w/e i want snow...but yes i love the snow!!! and snowballs:devil:

blondie69
10-17-2004, 08:24 PM

Lmao I say it all the time! :blah: But I can't wait to go ski-dooing, I wanna get mine all geared up n goin!:D Summer is fun & all, but with no quad it can be quite boring, and I work all the time, so I don't even have time for swimming...but winter...I don't work too often, and I go snowboarding, and ski-dooing...so much fun!!:D

This yr is gonna be a bad winter here I think....the cones on top of the pine tree's are really thick n high...meanin there's gonna be lots of snow:macho We'll probably get an inch or two right after halloween. Cuz I remember the other yr I went out on Halloween and I was complaining on how cold it was, then the next day I woke up to snow:p

JDiablo
10-17-2004, 08:28 PM
Tegan i still see you like swimming....ever try swimming in the ice water like those crazy lunatics do>?:eek2:

blondie69
10-17-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
Tegan i still see you like swimming....ever try swimming in the ice water like those crazy lunatics do>?:eek2:

Haha never have, but I might give it a try some day haha...even though the coldest water I've ever been in was in my grandparents pool when it was like 45 F ha. Got in...ran back out lol:blah:

Quad18star
10-17-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by blondie69
Lmao I say it all the time! :blah: But I can't wait to go ski-dooing, I wanna get mine all geared up n goin!:D Summer is fun & all, but with no quad it can be quite boring, and I work all the time, so I don't even have time for swimming...but winter...I don't work too often, and I go snowboarding, and ski-dooing...so much fun!!:D

This yr is gonna be a bad winter here I think....the cones on top of the pine tree's are really thick n high...meanin there's gonna be lots of snow:macho We'll probably get an inch or two right after halloween. Cuz I remember the other yr I went out on Halloween and I was complaining on how cold it was, then the next day I woke up to snow:p

I work at a snowmobile parts and accessories store , and you should see the amount of people that call it "Ski-Dooing ". You think to yourself , " Ok well he must have a Ski-Doo brand sled " ... WRONG .... they are usually the guys that have Arctic Cats , or Yamahas . It's quite funny to see a guy with a Cat call his sled a Ski-Doo . Makes you go :huh

Yeah I agree .... I think we're gunan get a lot of snow this year . Besides the pine cones being big , the bees and wasp nest are up high , which usually means lots of snowfall . I just wish my leg wasn't broken ..... I wanna go Ski-Dooing :blah: ( I own a Ski-Doo)

blondie69
10-17-2004, 08:32 PM
I work at a snowmobile parts and accessories store , and you should see the amount of people that call it "Ski-Dooing ". You think to yourself , " Ok well he must have a Ski-Doo brand sled " ... WRONG .... they are usually the guys that have Arctic Cats , or Yamahas . It's quite funny to see a guy with a Cat call his sled a Ski-Doo . Makes you go :huh

Yeah I agree .... I think we're gunan get a lot of snow this year . Besides the pine cones being big , the bees and wasp nest are up high , which usually means lots of snowfall . I just wish my leg wasn't broken ..... I wanna go Ski-Dooing :blah: ( I own a Ski-Doo)

I own a Kawi, but I still call it my ski-doo:blah:

Quad18star
Haha never have, but I might give it a try some day haha...even though the coldest water I've ever been in was in my grandparents pool when it was like 45 F ha. Got in...ran back out lol:blah:

Teg ... you've never Polar Bear Dipped???? :::: Shakes head::::

It's sooooooo fun .... really gets the heart pumping . :devil:

JDiablo

yea i went on vacation once,and this resort/water park kinda thing had 7 pools,lets just say my dad pushed me into the coldest one :rolleyes: i came out of there all shriveled up,lol:eek2:

Quad18star
10-17-2004, 08:33 PM
I own a Kawi, but I still call it my ski-doo:blah:

Oh man ... a Kawi ...... I get the odd person that comes into the store looking for parts for those things . What year is it?? And what model??

blondie69
10-17-2004, 08:34 PM
Oh man ... a Kawi ...... I get the odd person that comes into the store looking for parts for those things . What year is it?? And what model??

Lmao, ya, us being 1 of them tryin to get parts hahaha

Ya really wanna know? (Remember, I had this given to me, so I don't really care, runs, has no breaks, but who needs em lmao) 78' Kawi 340:p

Quad18star
10-17-2004, 09:00 PM
Lmao, ya, us being 1 of them tryin to get parts hahaha

Ya really wanna know? (Remember, I had this given to me, so I don't really care, runs, has no breaks, but who needs em lmao) 78' Kawi 340:p

Oh boy .... you can sell that for some big bucks to a museum . ;) Just playing . I can get you parts for it . If you need any help finding stuff , give us a call at Royal Distributing ... toll free 1-800-265-2970 . We'll get some brakes on that baby for you as well as most any other part that you may need .

I had a guy looking for part for his 1950 something sled last year .... surprisingly enough , we were able to help him ..... my eyes went :eek2: when I seen I had the part on hand .... made for a really surprised customer also . Also check us on the web www.royaldistributing.com

And to the admins ... I hope this doesn't infringe on the no advertising thing ... just trying to help a fellow rider out . :D No one wants Tegan going down a hill at 70 MPH with no brakes . :blah:

86350x
10-17-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by 400exr
Well, this morning I woke up to about 2" of snow!!. It probably won't stay on the ground for long, but atleast it's a sign of good things to come!!:D
I guess I'll have to see about getting my sled a little earlier this year!!:blah:

Send some my way, after watching slednecks7 I can't wait to get my machines out.

"turnagain hardcore rules man!, no wait slednecks rules"

400ex28
10-17-2004, 09:11 PM
^^^ once you get it push some down here:D

86350x
10-17-2004, 09:12 PM
Lol just drive up here, its not that far:D we need all we can get for a while:cool:

blondie69
10-17-2004, 09:17 PM
Oh boy .... you can sell that for some big bucks to a museum . ;) Just playing . I can get you parts for it . If you need any help finding stuff , give us a call at Royal Distributing ... toll free 1-800-265-2970 . We'll get some brakes on that baby for you as well as most any other part that you may need .

I had a guy looking for part for his 1950 something sled last year .... surprisingly enough , we were able to help him ..... my eyes went :eek2: when I seen I had the part on hand .... made for a really surprised customer also . Also check us on the web www.royaldistributing.com

And to the admins ... I hope this doesn't infringe on the no advertising thing ... just trying to help a fellow rider out . :D No one wants Tegan going down a hill at 70 MPH with no brakes . :blah:

1950!? Oh my hahaha. That'd be almost way back when Bombardier came out with the Snow Machine or whatever that thing was that looked like a bus hahaha.

But I wouldn't worry bout me goin down a hill at 70 MPH with no breaks.....I have feet:blah: Ha. That's what I've always done...not easy though if I have friends on back, cuz where I usually go...there's 2 really steep hills I have to go down before I get to the path to go home, and there's a gate at the bottom of one:eek2: But I've mastered the foot technique and goin off onto the edge where its not plowed to slow u down:cool:

Quad18star
10-17-2004, 09:25 PM
1950!? Oh my hahaha. That'd be almost way back when Bombardier came out with the Snow Machine or whatever that thing was that looked like a bus hahaha.

But I wouldn't worry bout me goin down a hill at 70 MPH with no breaks.....I have feet:blah: Ha. That's what I've always done...not easy though if I have friends on back, cuz where I usually go...there's 2 really steep hills I have to go down before I get to the path to go home, and there's a gate at the bottom of one:eek2: But I've mastered the foot technique and goin off onto the edge where its not plowed to slow u down:cool:

I can relate to that .... I used to have an old 89 Ski-Doo Citation 250 when I was a youngin' . It had no brakes and it wouldn't idle , so I'd have to reach over with my left hand , hold the throttle down and pull the starter cord with my right hand .... then do the switch over without it stalling . As for the brakes .... well I used the foot technique also .... a few times I knew I wasn't gunna stop in time so I just yanked the bars to one side . That sled seen more rolls than a bakery . Lucky for me the windshield was flexible enough not to break . I drove the piss outta that thing and sold it to a kid for $300 .... it needed a new track and suspension . :blah:

LazeR
10-17-2004, 10:34 PM
You guys are so lucky, i want snow! If im lucky we'll get 2-4 inches that will stay for MAYBE 3-4 days! Last year i stayed at my buddies house from dec 27th - jan 3rd he lives about 2½ hours from me, i actuallay got trapped down there because of snow! on jan 1st at like 130am we drove our trucks on the roads in about 7" of snow, i had my truck for 6 days, and i was already 4 wheeling it! It was lots of fun though! Then the next night we took the quads out, on the roads since obviously no one was driving on them especially at 10pm ;) snow is a blast, if only we could get more of it!

also i have never had the oppurtunity to ride a sled, and this year my boss said he will take me with him sometime when he goes :macho i can't wait! Except we gotta go like 2 hours or so to get somewhere with snow!

Quad18star
10-17-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by LazeR
You guys are so lucky, i want snow! If im lucky we'll get 2-4 inches that will stay for MAYBE 3-4 days! Last year i stayed at my buddies house from dec 27th - jan 3rd he lives about 2½ hours from me, i actuallay got trapped down there because of snow! on jan 1st at like 130am we drove our trucks on the roads in about 7" of snow, i had my truck for 6 days, and i was already 4 wheeling it! It was lots of fun though! Then the next night we took the quads out, on the roads since obviously no one was driving on them especially at 10pm ;) snow is a blast, if only we could get more of it!

also i have never had the oppurtunity to ride a sled, and this year my boss said he will take me with him sometime when he goes :macho i can't wait! Except we gotta go like 2 hours or so to get somewhere with snow!

Man I really feel bad for people that don't experience snow .... or the four season for that matter .

As much as I complain about snow , it's actually pretty great to see and kind of fun . The cold weather sucks , but thats why you get dressed up warm and into snowmobiling pants and stuff . Also I don't know how people can spend christmas without snow ..... around here that's depressing and it's happened a few years . But I love getting 6 + feet of snow on an average year . Sledding is awesome . Going into an empty parking lot with 5 inches of fresh powder and just do e-brake donuts and get the car sidewyas is soooooo much fun . Also blasting around corners with a quad in fresh snow is a ton of fun . It's actually snowing right now .... maybe tomorrow I'll be able to throw snowballs at my old man . Snowball fights and face washes ( where you just throw snow in someones face) is great ... not matter how old you are. :devil:

LazeR
10-18-2004, 12:02 AM
Snowball fights are really fun, snow is really fun what am i thinking. When i was at my friends we drove into town (he lives 7 miles out) and went into this huge parking lot and one of us parked and the other one put it into 2wd drive and we did dounts and just messed around sliding around. When my friend was doing 360's it looked like a light house light going around, ahhhhhh fun times

hondarider2006
10-18-2004, 01:09 AM
Dang I live further up than anyone here and yet there is still no snow...and dang it is so nice. Having that stuff for 7-9 months out of the year sucks. Nice being able to wake up and not have it -65, them months suck really bad. I rode to the gf's house year at -65, like a 5 mile ride one way, ya talk about COLD!!! For all of you who want snow soooo bad, come to AK, there is plenty to go around;)

86350x
10-18-2004, 10:21 AM
Give me a job that pays like the one I have here with insurance and retirement And I'll gladly move up there.:confused:

LazeR
10-18-2004, 11:43 AM
Quit your whining nick :blah: you'll be in AZ soon enough then you'll prolly melt

400exr
10-18-2004, 01:51 PM
Well, it's day 2 and she's still snowing!!!:D
There's about 10" on the ground now, and it doesn't look like it's going to let up anytime soon!! :macho Then again I live at 5000 feet above sea level!! hehe:)