PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on a homepage!

Punk'd
10-17-2004, 03:28 PM
OMG I cannot take this any longer! My Internet homepage wont go were I want it to. It automatically goes to this annoying place called RICHFIND and of course to make things worse there is a search bar to go with it. IM SO SICK OF THIS IM GOING TO GO CRAZY!!! Everytime I think things are gonna be fine.. BOOM!!! there goes my homepage!! Anyone else have this problem or any tips on how to get rid of it:( Thanks

Randy

I-7
10-17-2004, 03:32 PM
Go to control panel... add remove programs... remove the tollbar software. Then go to your interenet browser and then tools.... then change the homepage.... and stay off of playgirl.com please :rolleyes:

Honda4trax250x
10-17-2004, 03:32 PM
good luck, thats a biatchhhh to get rid of, its called a homepage hijacker, caused by spyeware. i had one and the only way i coulg get rid of it was to wipe my computer clean!

Punk'd
10-17-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by I-7
Go to control panel... add remove programs... remove the tollbar software. Then go to your interenet browser and then tools.... then change the homepage.... and stay off of playgirl.com please :rolleyes:

Already tryed that its not in there

250exen
10-17-2004, 05:26 PM
you have to run some type of spyware protector and cleaner on your computer. if you search spyware, there are alot of good sites mentoned of where you can download it from

Guy400
10-17-2004, 05:27 PM
Search the net for a program called Hijack This! It should removed that for you.

Also, if you don't have it already I'd run Ad-awareSE and then go here (http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/company/products/znalm/freeDownload.jsp?lid=zaskulist_download) and run the free PestScan. This free version won't remove the stuff automatically but you can keep the results page opened in a window and then manually remove the various files and registry keys that are infected.

LazeR
10-17-2004, 10:41 PM
do a search on yahoo and find out how to change your homepage in the registry and then get some spyware cleaner software to get rid of that crap

Quad18star
10-17-2004, 10:57 PM
HAHAHA ... mine does the same thing . I run ad-aware and it removes it until I reboot my computer . After I run the program I can set my homepage to what I want , so I leave it blank . I've tried everything to get rid of it , and it's happened to me before .... solution was to reformat my computer ... total pain in the rectum .

cool 300ex
10-18-2004, 09:02 AM
Yeah getting rid of it through your registry is the best way to get rid of it. I had it so bad that it would just keep going back right after i would get rid of it throught the registry. The othe time i had it it cwshredder did the trick. Also if you can't get rid of it and don't want to reformat your computer. Just start using mozilla firefox. You get no pop up ad's with it also says it helps block spyware and adaware. I would give that a try. Right now on mozilla i got rid of all my cookies and now i lost my passwords for some sites. So i am using IE for now!