PDA

View Full Version : HMF from Big Gun..what will be expected

YZ400EX
10-17-2004, 02:20 PM
Ok I just sold my Full Big Gun exhaust and have a full HMF on the way..what kind of difference in power should I feel between the 2 systems?? How much different do you think the jetting will need to be??

wvspeedfreak
10-17-2004, 05:34 PM
If you were jetted correctly for the Big Gun you should be fine for the HMF.As far as power increases.....most likely you will need a dyno to tell the difference.Despite alot of things you hear,most aftermarket exhausts are relatively close in performance gains.I have both a Big Gun system and a HMF and the biggest difference is sound and quality appearance.HMF definately looks like it is made better.

YZ400EX
10-17-2004, 08:28 PM
which one will be louder??

Pvt. Maggot
10-17-2004, 08:28 PM
i've rode both..a 400ex with full hmf and my bros will full big gun..and i just like the big gun more all around..the new race pipe looks built better...sounds better..and i felt more power from that quad...but thats just me...:)

YZ400EX
10-17-2004, 08:31 PM
Well everyone that I have talked to says the HMF is better..I wont knowtill I get it..I just always need to be doing something different to mine or I will end up selling it..Thats why a new pipe is on the way..I am wierd like that..

Pvt. Maggot
10-17-2004, 08:36 PM
well i have nothing against the hmf..i like it too..and i like the options you get with it..like the color and such..just not too happy with the power it put out. :)

YZ400EX
10-17-2004, 09:01 PM
Well I guess we will see when it gets here

LazeR
10-18-2004, 12:10 AM
I love my HMF Slip-on, I took it to the dunes the other day, and could pull hills in 3rd gear that i doubt it would pull in 3rd without the slip-on

TRXRacer1
10-18-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by 440EXGUY
Well everyone that I have talked to says the HMF is better..I wont knowtill I get it..I just always need to be doing something different to mine or I will end up selling it..Thats why a new pipe is on the way..I am wierd like that..

Be careful getting advice from a highly sponcered site like this one. Of course HMF will be the best pipe here. I say the hell with HMF, it looks WAY to close to a T-4 for me to give them any credit for anything.

YZ400EX
10-18-2004, 01:52 PM
Well I have a T-4 I am selling if you are interested..I have just heard good things from this site and alot of people at the dunes that run them..Also when I ordered it from Yamaha (my local honda shop staff are @$$'s, wont deal with them) they had nothing but good things to say about the HMF and say I would be super happy with it..I guess we will just have to see. Thanks for all the advice from everyone..