PDA

View Full Version : punk'd the cops tonight

Tommy 17
10-16-2004, 10:38 PM
well our town is gettin pretty bad with drugs and DUIs and stuff so they had like 15+ cops set up all these check points around our town to stop pretty much every car in the town... they were pulling cars over left and right so me and my friends just had to have some fun... we all haven't got to hang out as much with college... and thought well its time to have some fun...

we went to sheetz (its a gas station in PA) and bought hanks rootbeer... it looks exactly like a beer bottle and we drove around town till we eventually got pulled over at a check point... cop walks up and sees that we have these bottles sittin in the cup holders open and he immediately tells us to pull off the side of the road... he asked for liscense and registration and then he walks back to his car and calls for back up... now 4 more cop cars come and they walk up to us... one to each door... they pull us out of the car (i'm in the passenger seat) and throw us up against the car and pat us down... we ask what we did... hes like i'll tell u in a min... so he reaches in and grabs the bottles... now me and my 2 friends are tryin not to laugh... and hes like whats so funny u think drinkin and driving is a joke... my friend looks at him and goes plz read the bottles sir... he read it and it says HANKS ROOTBEER!!! boy was he pissed at us... the one other cop who was a younger kid thought it was funny and said to me "thank god ur not busting out the hard stuff tonight"... so then this other cop tried to get us for anything he could... he asked if they could search the car and my friend gave them permission bc we knew we were clean... it actually went to the point they brought in the k9 unit to sniff the car for drugs... while they were searching the car the one funny cops said "hey u don't have any bazookas, rocket launchers, etc in the car kinda jokin around with us" my friend goes "no but i got a system in there... we can listen to some music if u want" a few of them started to laugh... the one cop didn't think it was to funny thou and flipped on us... he said we were being dissrespectful which in all honesty we really were haha... all in all i'd say we got the cops... i think they pulled over atleast 150 cars and ended up with atleast 6 underages and 3 duis... i think there was some drug charges with the other people also...

now i know some of u are goin to say it was immature and dissrespectful but u gotta admit it was good and we didn't get one thing out of it... i know my name is now crap with the cops thou...

400EXrider#91
10-16-2004, 10:42 PM
LMAO i think its great that you put a little humor in some of there nights tonight

roostin_dale
10-16-2004, 10:51 PM
LMAO! thats great, Wish i was there to see it...

LazeR
10-16-2004, 10:52 PM
lmfao, i think its pretty funny, although in a way it was wasting the cops time, for something more useful, but they should of checked the bottles before they ASSUMED anything, after all assumption is the muther of all f**k ups! Good punk, was it hard not to laugh ?

FourFiftyFour
10-16-2004, 10:53 PM
lol thats a pretty good one, definitely helps out with the stress from college! too bad no one didnt have a cam to take a pic of the look on the cops faces lol :D

popo
10-16-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
now i know some of u are goin to say it was immature and dissrespectful but u gotta admit it was good and we didn't get one thing out of it... i know my name is now crap with the cops thou...

I see no humor in it at all.

And when your are caught doing something illegal , don't be crying like a little punk in the back of the cruiser.

Tommy 17
10-16-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by popo
And when your are caught doing something illegal , don't be crying like a little punk in the back of the cruiser.

ahhh i won't get caught bc i honestly don't do anythin illegal in my home town... i won't be around for months so i don't care... and if i do something illegal and get busted i won't cry bc i know i deserve it...

Martin Blair
10-16-2004, 11:01 PM
I see no humor in it at all.

Ture but you got to admit some cops are real aholes like riding a quad down a gravel road for 1/2 a mile to ride at your firends house, not flying in 5th or anything just crusing on the shoulder, and we get stoped and the guy waited till my friends dad came with the truck to pikc us up becasue were not sposed to be on the road.

Or if you just got your bike back together and want to take in arround the block in your nieghborhood and you get stoped and forced to push your quad back home, that bs.

I also look like im about 12 but am really 16 i drive to school, work, friendhouse, im waiting for some cop to stop me and give me **** about being underage.

Tommy 17
10-16-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
Ture but you got to admit some cops are real aholes like riding a quad down a gravel road for 1/2 a mile to ride at your firends house, not flying in 5th or anything just crusing on the shoulder, and we get stoped and the guy waited till my friends dad came with the truck to pikc us up becasue were not sposed to be on the road.

Or if you just got your bike back together and want to take in arround the block in your nieghborhood and you get stoped and forced to push your quad back home, that bs.

I also look like im about 12 but am really 16 i drive to school, work, friendhouse, im waiting for some cop to stop me and give me **** about being underage.

thats not being a ahole thats bein a cop... they got a job and yes u are breakin the law... i see nothign wrong with that but pullin the whole town over basically and specifically pickin on the kids... we just had to do something about it...

i'll say this... out of the 6 cops there 5 were cool and realized we had them... but that one just couldn't accept the fact that he was wrong...

popo
10-16-2004, 11:10 PM
I know every post on exriders about cops, it's always our fault or we are a-holes no matter what. :mad:

I need to go watch super troopers and stop being so nice to people.

Tommy 17
10-16-2004, 11:21 PM
I know every post on exriders about cops, it's always our fault or we are a-holes no matter what. :mad:

i never said that u were ahole or any other cop, and to be honest i mayb a cop myself someday... i have alot of respect for cops but not ones that single out teens who are doing nothing wrong... label them as punks and ASSUME they are wrong without giving them a chance...

lukester720
10-17-2004, 01:39 AM
That is some funny stuff.

CTmxyfz
10-17-2004, 06:55 AM
To add to what you guys are saying. I do not have much of a problem with cops. When im out riding and stuff, the worse thing around here is the DEP. they are usless and sly. From experiences, they either run out of bushes across and street wailing their billet club and striking you(which happened to me and i was set to court for a felony assualt trying to run him over when i wasn't moving??:confused: ) and either having them pop ou behind trees on trails, standing behind the trucks waiting for us to come back and even following us home. DEP guys think they have the the authority of cops. I know for a fact that they do not too. But what gets me, is that im trying to have fun riding a quad through the woods being cautious about the horse riders, in which i shut the bikes down, walkers, and other things i have encountered. Everytime i get caught by DEP, i always get the story that we ruin the land, habitats, blah blah blah and what not and that the quads are loud. when i get the ruining the land remarks from them, i tell them when there will be houses on this land in a matter of a few years, come talk to me about what you said to me.

SRH
10-17-2004, 07:43 AM
lol the only reason he did search the car was to give you guys a hard time and hold you up as long as possible just because you embarassed him, i doubt he really expected to find anything

TGW_400ex
10-17-2004, 08:05 AM
thats a good one i bet if i posted it thought everyone woulda sed im immature

Quadfather
10-17-2004, 08:11 AM
You didn't "punk" the cops, you acted like punks, wasting their time.

You are the typical little idiot that doesn't like Police Officers until you need one. Grow up, quit wasting their valuable time, and put your time towards something a bit more constructive.

TGW_400ex
10-17-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Quadfather

You are the typical little idiot that doesn't like Police Officers until you need one. Grow up, quit wasting their valuable time, and put your time towards something a bit more constructive.

Hows he a idiot? If anyones a idiot that specific cop is jumping to conclusions like that! They weren't driving down the road yelling were DUIing pull us over. Last time i checked your aloud to drink root beer in your car:rolleyes:

Ralph
10-17-2004, 08:29 AM
First of all hes not wasting there time. What if they were driving around with root beer not trying to **** with the cops. But once he gets to a check the officer is too much of a man to just let em go. Nah, the officer wasted HIS time searching the car and going to extreme lenghts to try to get somerhing on him.

And usualy its the realy young cops who are the problem. They think their invincible and even treat adults with disrespect.

and POPO. if you are trying to tell us there is no bad cops who abuse their priveledge you are very wrong.

The cops in my town get payed ALOT of money. They stalk and harass ceritain people and the funny thing is that the kid turned around and got him suspended for that cause he had a ton of proof.

The cops write tickets for things like their trucks and modifcations. Their all legal but they still try to get the kids with anything they can.

On the other hand there is nice cops. usualy the older ones, 1 of my friends dad was the chief of police in my town and another friends dad is a very nice cop. They talk to you in a real matter and actualy help people unlike the dickhead cops.

JR3
10-17-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Ralph
First of all hes not wasting there time. What if they were driving around with root beer not trying to **** with the cops. But once he gets to a check the officer is too much of a man to just let em go. Nah, the officer wasted HIS time searching the car and going to extreme lenghts to try to get somerhing on him.

And usualy its the realy young cops who are the problem. They think their invincible and even treat adults with disrespect.

and POPO. if you are trying to tell us there is no bad cops who abuse their priveledge you are very wrong.

The cops in my town get payed ALOT of money. They stalk and harass ceritain people and the funny thing is that the kid turned around and got him suspended for that cause he had a ton of proof.

The cops write tickets for things like their trucks and modifcations. Their all legal but they still try to get the kids with anything they can.

On the other hand there is nice cops. usualy the older ones, 1 of my friends dad was the chief of police in my town and another friends dad is a very nice cop. They talk to you in a real matter and actualy help people unlike the dickhead cops.

yea same here i have 2 neighbors that are cops and the 1 owns 5 quads and the other none they are very nice they don care wut i do as long as i do not tear down the road and act like a jacksarse in fact i talked to the 1 yesterday he told me remeber if u get into any trouble jus mention my name and was askin how evberything is and all that some are very nice and others jus are dickheads

TGW_400ex
10-17-2004, 08:34 AM

amen brotha

knighttime
10-17-2004, 09:33 AM
I wonder what would have happened if your friend refused the search of his car??:confused:

I dont mind cops harrasing criminals, but what are they doing asking to search an innocent persons car? The cop who asked to search the car is a loser in my opinion. He seems like he'd be a better prison guard than traffic cop. I'd file a complaint with the department.

Ralph
10-17-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by knighttime
I wonder what would have happened if your friend refused the search of his car??:confused:

I dont mind cops harrasing criminals, but what are they doing asking to search an innocent persons car? The cop who asked to search the car is a loser in my opinion. He seems like he'd be a better prison guard than traffic cop. I'd file a complaint with the department.

havent seen you around in a while, i agree, harassing criminals is fine, but not teenagers because they have nicer cars or have fun.

Quadfather
10-17-2004, 10:00 AM
Yes, it is perfectly legal to drink rootbeer ina car. But these idiots went to store, looking for cans or bottles that looked exactly like beer cans/bottles, with the sole purpose of trying to "punk" the police that were doing their job, trying to keep drunken idiots off the street, to protect people like these pranking idiots.

It would be like walking into a bank or an airport with a toy gun tucked in your pants. You know it's a toy, but no one else does.

Being a cop, and walking up to a car in a traffic stop is one of the most dangerous jobs in America. The cops simply don't need mindless, childish a-holes like this jackass making their intended job more complicated. Keeping the streets safe for law abiding citizens is not a game. Don't try and make it one.

And Police Officers do not make A LOT of mony. Not in any city and or state.

Ralph
10-17-2004, 10:07 AM
Yes, it is perfectly legal to drink rootbeer ina car. But these idiots went to store, looking for cans or bottles that looked exactly like beer cans/bottles, with the sole purpose of trying to "punk" the police that were doing their job, trying to keep drunken idiots off the street, to protect people like these pranking idiots.

It would be like walking into a bank or an airport with a toy gun tucked in your pants. You know it's a toy, but no one else does.

Being a cop, and walking up to a car in a traffic stop is one of the most dangerous jobs in America. The cops simply don't need mindless, childish a-holes like this jackass making their intended job more complicated. Keeping the streets safe for law abiding citizens is not a game. Don't try and make it one.

you havent been to mahwah nj, our police dp is filthy rich, wich is why our town wasted their money on a "D.A.R.E truck" with spinner rimms and all kinds of useless bullstuff.

Its the #1 D.A.R.E truck in the nation wich doesnt realy make it easier for the cops to arrest criminals. They have money out there *** and they all live in nice houses and make good money. even the young ones.

Ralph
10-17-2004, 10:10 AM
oh yeah and u do have a very good point about how they have a dangerous job and how it could be stressing to have soem ******* tryng to prank you. But u ever think that it might be annoying for kids to get randomly pulled over for no reason at all. Some of my friends got pulled over and there was grass on the floormat because they were at the lake that day so it was on their shoes and got on the floormat. The cop then claimed it was marijuana(REAL LONG GREEN GRASS DOESNT LOOK ANYTHING LIKE WEED) they then searched the whole car and stoped them for over an hour.

Ralph
10-17-2004, 10:16 AM
Mahwah dare truck before spinners(This comes from my parents tax money, yet our schools still is filled with a tonf of garbage, id rather see the money for the truck go into the school)

http://www.dare.com/home/hometowndareusa/images/RecordID_791_DARE_State_House_copy.JPG

Quadfather
10-17-2004, 10:17 AM
You kiddies can argue all you want. You'll never understand. It was a complete waste of the officers time.

It's kinda like someone going to the McDonalds where your dad works, and just staring at the menu, and changing their order over and over. They've wasted your dads time, and more importantly, their time. It's a lose-lose situation. Nobody wins, just like in the original posters story.

Ralph
10-17-2004, 10:23 AM
You kiddies can argue all you want. You'll never understand. It was a complete waste of the officers time.

It's kinda like someone going to the McDonalds where your dad works, and just staring at the menu, and changing their order over and over. They've wasted your dads time, and more importantly, their time. It's a lose-lose situation. Nobody wins, just like in the original posters story.

I hate oldies who try to win arguments by saying their older, thats the most naive argument there is.

Ralph
10-17-2004, 10:26 AM
HOW IS IT WASTING HIS TIME IF THATS WHAT THEIR SPENDING THEIR TIME DOING, PULLING OVER EVERY CAR IN TOWN. As soon as they saw it was root beer they should have swallowed their ego and left.

Your toy gun example was stupid cause ur not even aloud to have toy guns in airports and its an extremely sensitve situation, you cant shoot an officer with a root beer bottle, so that argument is thrown out and the McDonalds one is just the near dumbest argument ive ever heard so i think that one is to be omitted aswell. :blah:

i worked at Burger King and it never botherd me the slightest bit...

oh yeah, and where i live the biggest thing they have to worry about is a kid with a big mouth. Were i live most people dont have guns or if they do they dont carry them.

another story, kid i know had a orange squirt gun, the chamber is made of 3 bubbles shaped things to give it the alien gun look or whatever. they were walking to a diner and they thought they saw their friend in his car so he walked up and tapped on the window with the orange gun, they realized it wasnt his friend and said sorry real quick and kept walking, the lady called the cops wich saw them walking on the way back from the diner and arrested all of them, parents had to go and pic kthem up after the maximum time their aloud to hold minors, like 6 hours or something not sure, and the kid was on porbation for about 6 months and had to pay some court fees. Its a god damn joke.

JR3
10-17-2004, 10:29 AM
yea ralph down here in toms river new jersey jus basic berkely cops are livin in mansions my neighbor is in one hes jus a cop wife doesnt work and the cop next to me same deal and yea that dare truck is a waste of tax payers cash

Honda4trax250x
10-17-2004, 10:34 AM

Wanna bet? The Suffolk County police officers in my area make $50,000.00 a year for the first three years. Then it goes well over $75,000. And after 10 years they are making well over $110,000.....

If 50k a year isnt good for someone who is right out of college, please tell me.

Ralph
10-17-2004, 10:37 AM
I edited my last post on page 2 for anyone who cares. I put in another story...

chucked
10-17-2004, 11:00 AM
Mahwah dare truck before spinners(This comes from my parents tax money, yet our schools still is filled with a tonf of garbage, id rather see the money for the truck go into the school)

http://www.dare.com/home/hometowndareusa/images/RecordID_791_DARE_State_House_copy.JPG

all dare does is teach u songs and slogans anyway, it is the biggest waste of time and money.

knighttime
10-17-2004, 11:00 AM
the cops always try to set people up. what happened to the cops is exactly the behavior some cops use on us regular citizens. i think what tommy and his buddies proved is that these roadblocks are waste of time and money, and they infringe on your rights of being a United States citizen.

I agree that being a cop could be stressful, but they weren't forced into their profession. I think they should do their job with class and not call in backup for some rootbeer bottles.

Ralph
10-17-2004, 11:08 AM
Look at most firefighters , THEY VOLENTEER, and everthing they do is dangerous. They do it because they love what they do, most cops are in it for the money and power. And popo, nothing against u, it could be diff were u live but round here cops are pricks.

There is a reason my sister, who hasnt gotten pulled over since she first got her liscense, gets scared to death everytime a cop just passes by. because people dont trust cops anymore. This is how just about every teenager feels, good or bad.

Syrus
10-17-2004, 11:10 AM

No need for flaming, but what teenager does have respect for cops ? they nail us for everything, cops are a pain in the *** for teenagers... im not saying we dont deserve it, but cops do wreck a lot of fun for us, and annoy the **** outa me. Till im 25 or so i wont have respect for cops. Everyones the same, u all hated cops in ur teen years. So far ive been smarter than the cops so havent been nailed to hard by them yet... should of been in jail by now but I know how cops work, well having a family of officers also gives you a heads up :)

Aceman
10-17-2004, 11:10 AM
I thought DARE vehicles were siezed rigs from drug busts customized with siezed drug money. The cities I know of all have some kind of decked out Corvette, Camaro, Dragster, etc, etc, that was paid for without people's tax money.

Quadfather
10-17-2004, 11:16 AM
I hate oldies who try to win arguments by saying their older, thats the most naive argument there is.

Oldies like me (38 years old), aren't trying to win an argument by saying that we are older. What we are trying to do is tell/show the younger audience that we've been there, done that, and that there are usually better ways to handle a given situation. We are trying to save you the cost of embarrassment and or health issues so you can live a better life.

Remeber, we all have to live here, and the stupidity of one can have a major effect on us all.

I will end my argument here. I can see it's going nowhere.

chucked
10-17-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Aceman
I thought DARE vehicles were siezed rigs from drug busts customized with siezed drug money. The cities I know of all have some kind of decked out Corvette, Camaro, Dragster, etc, etc, that was paid for without people's tax money.

hmm.. around here it was a program that went to elementry and middle schools and sang songs and taught them slogans about not doign drugs. i cant remember what it stands for.

JUSTINcredible
10-17-2004, 11:30 AM
there isnt one cop in this county that i respect. last year out of no where they said i was selling drugs and they had nothing to back that up on, i dont even know where they would come up with that. they had my parents convinced and it made my life hell for months. It was to the point that the cops were harrasing me about it.. im sure there are some good cops out there but the cops in this town just made me think worse of all of them.

TGW_400ex
10-17-2004, 11:37 AM
Where I live if your 18 and spin your tires you will get a 100 to 300 dollar fine and 90 days in jail....wtf maybe they will lock me up for j-walking? Some of the cops around my area are rediculous!

Tommy 17
10-17-2004, 11:38 AM
hey he got what he deserved... all he had to do was ask what the bottle was right from the start... not act like a hardass and then be a prick when he found out he was wrong... couldn't admit that a couple 18 year old had him and there wasn't a darn thing he could do about it... keepin us there to search the car and everything else was uncalled for and showed that they can't admit when they are wrong at times... he did everything in his power to try and hold us and make some stupid point but we laughed and joked the whole entire time... bringin in drug dogs for a bottle of rootbeer is a lil over doin it don't u think????

Tommy 17
10-17-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
Where I live if your 18 and spin your tires you will get a 100 to 300 dollar fine and 90 days in jail....wtf maybe they will lock me up for j-walking? Some of the cops around my area are rediculous!

no theres a big differnce between what ur sayin and what i did... simple fact is this... spinnin ur tires is breaking a law... u deserve everything u get for doing that... but having a rootbeer bottle and ending up nearly being arrested and having the car searched by drug dogs is a lil crazy...

TGW_400ex
10-17-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
no theres a big differnce between what ur sayin and what i did... simple fact is this... spinnin ur tires is breaking a law... u deserve everything u get for doing that... but having a rootbeer bottle and ending up nearly being arrested and having the car searched by drug dogs is a lil crazy...

so you saying i should goto jail for that? I agree with the fine but 90 days in jail is BS!

Ralph
10-17-2004, 11:47 AM
oh and my favorite are the cops who turn on their lights in traffic, but then the call always ends up being a false alarm as soon as they get out of traffic...:rolleyes:

DEAL
10-17-2004, 11:48 AM
Majority of the police around here are too lazy and incompotent to go after real criminals so they choose to go and bust parties, or defend the criminals when they get their head beat in because the victim is pissed off because the police couldn't deal with the problem in the first place.

TGW_400ex
10-17-2004, 11:49 AM
oh and my favorite are the cops who turn on their lights in traffic, but then the call always ends up being a false alarm as soon as they get out of traffic...:rolleyes:

Haha you guys have false alarms like that too?

chucked
10-17-2004, 11:55 AM
now that pisses me off. im about to go get myself some strobe lights and a siren.

Disaster
10-17-2004, 12:41 PM
Lmao...thats funny weve done something like that with rootbear bottles at our school.....:D

Pappy
10-17-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex

hehe...$500 fine and 30 for each foot of black mark. i think my final bill was just over $3200:eek2:

chucked
10-17-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
hehe...$500 fine and 30 for each foot of black mark. i think my final bill was just over $3200:eek2:

whoa, im glad my car doesnt have enough power to do burn outs

JDiablo
10-17-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

lol haaahh that has got to suk

popo
10-17-2004, 01:23 PM
You guys watch to much cops or failed cops 101 in high school to assume what officers go thru.

Ever get shot at going to some ones house to tell them we found his stolen car.

Ever see a 2 year old Childs brains and body scattered from a car accident is which the 16 year old kid driving was drunk. Ever see a complete family laying dead in a car from a drunk driver hitting them and the drunk driver walking away from it.

You ever wonder why the police showed up to the party with under age drinking, maybe you where loud and the neighbor called.

Why is it always our fault that somebody broke into your house and stole things? Crooks just don’t call us with their plans. Drug dealers just don’t like selling to us either.

Don’t pass judgment until you’ve done my job!!!

Atreyu
10-17-2004, 01:32 PM
You guys watch to much cops or failed cops 101 in high school to assume what officers go thru.

Ever see a 2 year old Childs brains and body scattered from a car accident is which the 16 year old kid driving was drunk. Ever see a complete family laying dead in a car from a drunk driver hitting them and the drunk driver walking away from it.

You ever wonder why the police showed up to the party with under age drinking, maybe you where loud and the neighbor called.

Why is it always our fault that somebody broke into your house and stole things? Crooks just don’t call us with their plans. Drug dealers just don’t like selling to us either.

I completely agree with everything you just said, but this does not give an officer the right to act like an a55hole to a citizen. Many people do not deserve the treatment they may get from a cop. There are a few cops in my town who I highly respect and are very down to earth, and these I respect. The rest are drunk off of their egos and feel they are high and mighty and if you don't have your nose in their a$5 you're doing something wrong. I give respect where it's due.

There's a park in the middle of my town where kids deal and use all sorts of drugs..it's actually directly across from the police station. Instead of persuing what goes on there, they'd rather pick up kids who are violating curfew. I see something wrong with this.

JUSTINcredible
10-17-2004, 01:59 PM
we have a cop in our town who 5 years ago shot himself in the leg chasing a suspect and then tried to blame it on the suspect... cool cop huh

JUSTINcredible
10-17-2004, 02:00 PM
we have a cop in our town who 5 years ago shot himself in the leg chasing a suspect and then tried to blame it on the suspect... cool cop huh

400EXrider#91
10-17-2004, 02:05 PM
i cann't say much because i plan on being either a paid firefighter or s.w.a.t. but i think the cops that are pricks from the get go just don't make any sence

Stevie-D
10-17-2004, 02:33 PM

we had an incident like that a while ago here. a cop took his bullet-proof vest, put it on the ground, shot it, then said that he had been shot at by someone. needless to say he was fired.:rolleyes:

bansheeguy77
10-17-2004, 02:34 PM
so many things i want to reply to. first off, i am in school to become a police officer. i dont find what he did wrong, it was funny yet i see how it could offend some. but most kids ***** and complain about being picked on. because usually you are doing something wrong. i did stuff i shouldnt have done in the day and tried avoiding police. if u got cought, its your own fault and you were doing something wrong. end of story dont cry because your being picked on and it ruins your fun. you realize your fun could cost someone else their life? thats why they take things seriously sometimes. also cops do make good money...around here they start at around 40k average. not bad for 2 years of school

lukester720
10-17-2004, 02:56 PM
When I was 19 I got pulled over as many times as 3 in the same day and 6 times in the same week, and never got a ticket because I wasn't doing anything wrong. The fact is that I had a good job, had a decked out s10 and a nice 78' vette and dressed nice and apparently that qualifys you as a drug dealer around here, I bet if I was 30 I wouldn't had been getting pulled over all the time.:o I tried to be cool to them at 1st, keep in mind that all this went one for almost 2 months but about 5 weeks in I started being a prick about it. Example: They would pull me over and say "you took off pretty fast back there" me "I'm sorry did I squeal tires or something? officer "no, but you got up to speed pretty quick" me "well officer I was watching my speedometer and I didn't break the speed limit" officer "this will just be a verbal warning, do you know where I can get some drugs?" me "nope, I'm not a drug dealer man, sorry."

I finally told them that I would go to the chief the next time I got pulled over for no reason and the harrasment stopped. in those 7 or 8 weeks i got pulled over probably between 14-16 times. My friends thought it was funny but to me it was no laughing matter.

I have friends that are officers now, and I work part time at a juvenile center and I do respect the law and its officers but the same type of stuff still happens just like it did to me, just getting profiled because of age or what you drive, music you listen to. oh well, I'm 26 now which is my pass to speed a little bit now and not have to worry about getting pulled over for no reason and being late for work:D

Martin Blair
10-17-2004, 03:06 PM

your not a a-hole most cops arnt but some take there jobs way to seriously and believe because they where a little badge that they are better then everyone else ans have the right to do what they want, cops arround here speed, shoot of fireworks, ect. but if a civilian does it whoa were in trouble.

phatswinn
10-17-2004, 06:05 PM

exept it would be the kid int he mcdonalds employee position, because he is in a place screaming stop here!!...but you dont actually have too, then having to be nice to someone who is being a pain, then actually ahve to listen to them change there order and have you standing there for a long time while they do what they want, and if you dont do what they want, they yell or get the manager

even my dad realizes that there are alot of cops that specifically pick on the teens, for instance i had one of those little mopeds with the 90cc engine, i got it tooken away and fined $450 just because i was going to a friends house on it, they dont care about the fact that you just spent a weeks paycheck on it and theres still 10 yr olds who ride them around all the time.

also one day when i got my whole quad back togather i took it for a cruise around my yard real slow to make sure theres no funny noises, some how that turned into a $150 ticket for not wearing a helmet, no questions asked, he just got out of the car with the ticket in his hand.

i got arrested for prank calls that my friends made, cops came after they left, i took the blame cuz it wasnt serious...HA i woulda rather been caught egging someones house that day

but theres good ones, ive had a few come to my house when me and my friends are hangin in the back yard having a bbq and swimming (we get loud and have fun) well they come over and just have a conversation because they have to respond to calls, they check out the quad and tell me about thiers. but theres a select few of those, 3 actually

i still respect all cops i knwo there just doing there jobs, its prolly kinda frustrating to get called out to houses because of petty things like being too loud on a beautiful summer saturday afternoon too..and yea, the young ones are usually pricks

sly400ex
10-17-2004, 06:33 PM
It was stupid and a waste of time. You were keeping the cops from handling "real issues." Think about this, what if all that time all those cops were WASTING their time with your prank, an actual drunk driver slipped by and was involved in an accident that killed or hurt someone you care about. Sounds like a good prank, huh?:rolleyes:

Why don't you carry a big bag of oregano in the car and see how far you could take that one........

Screamin440
10-17-2004, 06:35 PM

While what he did was slightly immature, it was the single police officer jumping to conclusions and then not being a big enough of a man to let his ego get hurt that wasted their time.

trick450r
10-17-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by HN400exracer

you got to push your quad home? my dad and i got a $110 ticket...lol i go around the block now and they just wave at me...they know damn sure im not stopping next time!!its not like a cop can catch a modded 450r on curvy roads?

JR3
10-17-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by chucked
hmm.. around here it was a program that went to elementry and middle schools and sang songs and taught them slogans about not doign drugs. i cant remember what it stands for.

dare stands for drug awarness resistance education i think

DEAL
10-17-2004, 07:45 PM

I have first hand experience with police .. and its not something petty like being stopped for speeding or caught riding the bike on the street.
I've had my house broken into 3 times, each time the police got no where with any of the evidence given to them, because it seemed like they didn't even try. I ended up finding out who did it each time myself and even when I gave names or evidence to the police they simply said "its out of our hands". and nothing comes out of it .. but the second I take things into my own hands and try to deal with these ******* theifs myself I have the police knocking on my door saying I am the one in trouble.
I'm not blaming the police for it , I'm just pissed off because of the half assed attempt they made to bring justice to the low lifes who did it.
Also . I like to party , so I am usually at every party in my area unless I am working.
Most parties get busted by the police, which I understand because I know parties can get noisy.
But I have seen police come into the parties and kick everyone out forcing some of the people who planned to stay all night to end up driving impared because they had no other way home isn't right at all ... especially when I have seen the officers refuse to drive these people home because they were too drunk to drive.

I'm not taking shots at you or the police in general, it just seems like some officers I have delt with really need to get it together.
I do have respect for the police but its hard to keep that respect when things like this happen to you or your friends.

K_Banger125
10-17-2004, 07:58 PM
your prank was slightly immature but if it would have been me doing it i would have been really immature and acted drunk and took a field sibriety test and passed...

SRH
10-17-2004, 08:26 PM
the cop musta been bored anyway to waste police resources and all the time and effort to give them a hard time over some rootbeer bottles

SRH
10-17-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by sly400ex
It was stupid and a waste of time. You were keeping the cops from handling "real issues." Think about this, what if all that time all those cops were WASTING their time with your prank, an actual drunk driver slipped by and was involved in an accident that killed or hurt someone you care about. Sounds like a good prank, huh?:rolleyes:

Why don't you carry a big bag of oregano in the car and see how far you could take that one........

how good of a cop can these guys be if they dont check the bottle before they go thru all of this...they gotta be a a bunch of godamn retards wheres there police training?

and if a drunk driver slipped by because they wasted all this time without checking the bottle it would be there asses because these kids did nothing wrong in the first place the cop just jumped to conclusions

i think tommy and his freinds taught these officers a valuable lesson i mean what kind of cop do you want handling an investigation or something who cant even think like a normal human being....

most of the cops are the nerds who always wanted to be cool or show someone up and demand respect but never got it , there badge is the way to it, they see teens that they always wanted to be "cool" with when they were young and they give them a hard time most cops are just losers on a social level but we need them and maybe one day they could save a life or two so u gotta respect them for that but dont treat them like gods , remember there just as crooked as you

chucked
10-17-2004, 08:48 PM
i used to have respect for them until about a year ago, i had an old s-10 i would drive to school, i would drive 65 mph (in a 55) all the way there, just like the other ten thousand people did. well i got hit in it one day, the very next day i drove my moms red 2-door, neon sport, with tinted windows, down the same road at the same speed and got pulled over. A fluke? hmm...

Screamin440
10-17-2004, 08:54 PM
i used to have respect for them until about a year ago, i had an old s-10 i would drive to school, i would drive 65 mph (in a 55) all the way there, just like the other ten thousand people did. well i got hit in it one day, the very next day i drove my moms red 2-door, neon sport, with tinted windows, down the same road at the same speed and got pulled over. A fluke? hmm...

You need to put yourself in the officer's shoes. Would you REALLY be watching an old S-10 if you were looking for speeding vehicles? I can pass officers all day long doing 10-15 mph over the speed limit in the delivery van at work and they never even do a double take. One of these days I may get caught but it isn't very likely. Certain vehicles just don't have a high attention rate with the police.

chucked
10-17-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Screamin440
You need to put yourself in the officer's shoes. Would you REALLY be watching an old S-10 if you were looking for speeding vehicles? I can pass officers all day long doing 10-15 mph over the speed limit in the delivery van at work and they never even do a double take. One of these days I may get caught but it isn't very likely. Certain vehicles just don't have a high attention rate with the police.

exactly my point! Hes looking for a teenager, and alot of them drive them buy neons and put stupid lookin stuff on them.

popo
10-17-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by SRH
how good of a cop can these guys be if they dont check the bottle before they go thru all of this...they gotta be a a bunch of godamn retards wheres there police training?

and if a drunk driver slipped by because they wasted all this time without checking the bottle it would be there asses because these kids did nothing wrong in the first place the cop just jumped to conclusions

i think tommy and his freinds taught these officers a valuable lesson i mean what kind of cop do you want handling an investigation or something who cant even think like a normal human being....

most of the cops are the nerds who always wanted to be cool or show someone up and demand respect but never got it , there badge is the way to it, they see teens that they always wanted to be "cool" with when they were young and they give them a hard time most cops are just losers on a social level but we need them and maybe one day they could save a life or two so u gotta respect them for that but dont treat them like gods , remember there just as crooked as you

I am not even going to waste my time replying to your social retarded post.

Screamin440
10-17-2004, 09:58 PM
I am not even going to waste my time replying to your social retarded post.

He had a few points until he became beligerant in that last paragraph.

allmixedup047
10-17-2004, 10:22 PM

just to let you know, when they do that its for a reason.

i duck hunt with the captain of our counties sheriffs department, not to mention he dated my aunt. but anyways, i was like every other narrow minde kid that thinks cops are here to piss us off untill i accualy sat down and just started shooting off questions about everything to him.

when they go through traffic with there lights on and then once they get around they turn them off, they do that because once they use there light for the purpose they were put there for they turn them off so they dont distract other people on the road into crashing. if they dont need to use them, why use them. if its a 4 lane road and there is 10 to get around, they will use them to get to the crime scene. but after they get around them, why do they need them?

as popo said before, the hard part of a cops life isnt when they are pulling someone over, its when they go to someones house to tell them there child was killed while driving drunk.

and popo, i dont know about what all goes on up were you work, but tommy is lucky they didnt plant anything in his car just so they could do a further search on them. if the cops are there because of drug trafficing, they are going to be a little ready to bust someone.

Scott-300ex
10-17-2004, 10:22 PM
my sisters boyfriend and his friend were driving one time at like 1:00 in the morning, in an old LeMans, by the way, that he had. Well, they got pulled over by a cop, and they were both drinkin mountain dews, so the cop asked to see the cans, took them both, drank out of both of them to check and make sure it wasn't beer, then said, good job, and he's sorry and left, I think that was a real good idea to do for his part, especially since they were teenagers out late at night and he saw them drinkin from a can.

i would have torn the labels off of the root beer bottles, so it was just a glass bottle, and he wouldn't know crap untill he had to try it, but great prank man, i thought it was funny.

Ralph
10-17-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
my sisters boyfriend and his friend were driving one time at like 1:00 in the morning, in an old LeMans, by the way, that he had. Well, they got pulled over by a cop, and they were both drinkin mountain dews, so the cop asked to see the cans, took them both, drank out of both of them to check and make sure it wasn't beer, then said, good job, and he's sorry and left, I think that was a real good idea to do for his part, especially since they were teenagers out late at night and he saw them drinkin from a can.

i would have torn the labels off of the root beer bottles, so it was just a glass bottle, and he wouldn't know crap untill he had to try it, but great prank man, i thought it was funny.

i would never drink out of someting i didnt know whay it was, way dangerous.

as for the kid whos goes duck hunting with the cop, are you defending cops and saying they plant drugs on kids at the same time?

allmixedup047
10-17-2004, 10:29 PM
i would never drink out of someting i didnt know whay it was, way dangerous.

as for the kid whos goes duck hunting with the cop, are you defending cops and saying they plant drugs on kids at the same time?
im just stating points that i have from expierience with cops. not defending them, not hating them.

CBRSLIDER
10-17-2004, 10:57 PM
Tommy,

I think that your actions and your friends' actions were not only IMMATURE but also very DANGEROUS.

For the morons that have never been in such a high stress situation as drug interdiction shut yer blow hole. A police officer's chance of being shot and killed are extremely high in such a situation and hence there was an urgent need to get back up. If the officers were looking for drugs and dui's then there must be a correlation between the two in your area. So the backup WAS DEFINATELY warranted. But the back up posed several other risks.

The backup responders could have struck and killed someone while responding to your prank. They were only given the brief information via radio and were not there to just see something that looked like beer bottles. All they know is that an officer needs assistance.

Once at the scene the officers still only know the preliminary information. Which puts them on edge and heaven forbid one of you guys make another stupid overt move and end up getting shot.

As for the officer being an a**hole. Sniff sniff. I feel for ya but just can't reach ya. Guess what. There are a**holes in every profession. Lawyers, politicians, buisness owners, actors, muscians, police, factory workers, KIDS, and I even knew a priest that was an A**HOLE. So tryin to shift your stupidity onto him and his actions is a mere childish act.

The use of the K9 was a very smart move on their part. It's amazing how many times I get to search a car and then hit it with the K9 and BINGO. Pot, heroin, crack, coke, meth, oxy., etc. They are all easy to hide and are usually carried IN the person and the K9 hits on the seat cover. Musta been fartn thru the junk for awhile.

Back to the use of backup and there only being four innocent young males in the car. I had a very close friend and mentor killed by a drunk young innocent looking kid that just so happened to be driving erractically. My friend pulled him over to yell at him to knock it off and the whimpy quiet driver shot my friend dead on the side of the road. My friend was able to shoot the kid 3 times as he was dying but the kid lived. GO FIGURE! I saw the kid at trial and could not believe how he looked like a little kid, 13-15 yrs old but was 18. So back off the backup thing. Until you have walked the walk don't try to talk the talk. Most of you kids would chit yer britches at the first sign of something going wrong. There is no time to yell for your mommy or daddy to make everything all better and kiss yer boo boo.

What you and your friends did was probably the worst thing that someone could do, short of shooting at an officer. You created a situation purposefully to cause an inconvenience and hazardous situation for the officers and people in the immediate area. Your actions can be construed to be criminal in nature and your own admission to your intentions proves that. Why and What would possess you to do such a thing. YOU know that being a police officer is a stressful job, so who did you think that you were to try and add a little extra stress to an officers life? Just so you and yer little immature buddies could have a little laugh at someone elses's expense? Hey pat each other on the back for yer job well done. Now you just showed the rest of us that you do have an immature side just as the other punks that answered this post already..

Hmm wonder why young males are always the ones pulled over? Maybe cause us dumb cops might actually know who committs 90% of the crime.

As for the cops getting paid alot of money. Guess what there is never enough money. My pay is no where near what I and the other officers should be getting paid. Yes I chose my job but don't tell me that putting up with this kind of childish act or even worse is part of my job.

Also back to the D.A.R.E. vehicle. The vehicle was probably purchased with a D.A.R.E. grant. The D.A.R.E. program is a program funded inpart by the Masons.

If yer still wondering and ya don't know me, yes I am a COP. Just as POPO said in one of his posts, until you have walked a day in our shoes don't even try to criticize or critique our job. Always the first to criticize but also the first to whine and cry when something happens to you and you need our help.

Ray

btw- SRH hears a big STFU. Harlen or moderators if that's too harsh let me know I'll delete it or you can. Just can't stand back and let some jackoff label me.

lukester720
10-17-2004, 11:47 PM
Hmm wonder why young males are always the ones pulled over? Maybe cause us dumb cops might actually know who committs 90% of the crime.

I didn't have a problem with anything you said till you made this statement CBRSLIDER.

I don't think profiling is the smart thing to do, you would be without a job if your caught doing it in Cincinnatti, OH. If you pull over a young male or an african american you better think of something better to say than "Hmm wonder why young males are always the ones pulled over? Maybe cause us dumb cops might actually know who committs 90% of the crime." or you will lose your job.;)" That kind of additude is what made me dislike the cops when I was a teenager. As far as young males committing most of the crimes, mabey where you live but not around here. Currently at the juvenile center where I work we hold kids for our county and 2 neighboring counties and we have as of right now 2 males and 4 females, a total of 6. While next door at the jail they are about filled with Late 20 yr olds and 30 yr olds on alcohol related charges or possesion. Throw some batteries, check deceptions and a few domestics in there and you've just about have that jail covered.

As far as back up is concerned that doesn't bother me at all. I'm 6' 6" 275 lbs so I kinda expect it if you know what I mean.;)

DEAL
10-18-2004, 03:56 AM
I've seen plenty of crookid cops threaten to put people in the drunk tank because they busted parties and the people didn't want to drive home drunk.
When they asked for the cops name and badge number the officers refused to give it to them.

MOFO
10-18-2004, 04:29 AM
Tommy, your a good guy and I usually dont disagree with ya, but this time I do.

When you guys get bored, there are other things you can do other than screw with the police. It would be one thing if you guys had the root beer and had no idea what it could lead to.

I think everyone on this board needs to ride with a police officer for one shift. I've yet to do this myself, but I have friends/distant family that are police officers, so I have a rough idea what is going on. After reading what happened in this post, I dont blame those guys at all for being pricks or trying to get you for something else...I know I would if i was in their shoes.

chucked
10-18-2004, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by allmixedup047
just to let you know, when they do that its for a reason.

i duck hunt with the captain of our counties sheriffs department, not to mention he dated my aunt. but anyways, i was like every other narrow minde kid that thinks cops are here to piss us off untill i accualy sat down and just started shooting off questions about everything to him.

when they go through traffic with there lights on and then once they get around they turn them off, they do that because once they use there light for the purpose they were put there for they turn them off so they dont distract other people on the road into crashing. if they dont need to use them, why use them. if its a 4 lane road and there is 10 to get around, they will use them to get to the crime scene. but after they get around them, why do they need them?

well i dont really believe that..... One time I saw a cop turn his lights on to go through a light and then pulled into a mcdonalds drive thru

popo
10-18-2004, 06:00 AM
well i dont really believe that..... One time I saw a cop turn his lights on to go through a light and then pulled into a mcdonalds drive thru

So what!!!!!!! Maybe they put out a hold up alarm. Happens all the time either at M/D,Wendys and several other drive thru's.

You had no idea what was going on at that perticular point and time, but assumed something else.

Before you criticize!!!!!! Know the facts first.

Thanks for you post Ray..... I am so god dahm mad at right now over this post it's really pondering my mind to pull the plug as the sponsor for the quad build off, which my Police Officer wages are paying for.

400exdad
10-18-2004, 06:35 AM
Popo and CBR: As you know, there are immature people everywhere and it is very apparent that these kids don't know what is going on and still have some growing up to do. I work for a public utility and also, at times, have to endure the ridicule you guys get.... but, I know it's different. When I go to work, I am probably not putting my life in the hands of a partner, or worse yet, while trying to think the best thoughts of the person I am talking to at any moment, they are not thinking about shooting me in the gut. You guys are appreciated by many and most others on this site. For the ones that do not appreciate you, they are either not grown up and realized the importance of your jobs (and the little pay), are on the wrong side of the law, or are part of the miniscule percentage that actually have had a bad experience with a policeman that may not have been having the best day ever. For instance, a not having the best day ever would be where you were just punk'd by a bunch of kids with rootbeer bottles instead of beers.

Think of it this way kids: When you come home from school one day and your quad is gone, or when you grow up and your house has been broken into... and it could be much worse, but too bad to think about.... the reason it took the cops so long to get on seen is because they were wasting about 10-16 manhours making sure somebody's not pulling a prank to cover up some real crime.

chucked
10-18-2004, 06:40 AM
So what!!!!!!! Maybe they put out a hold up alarm. Happens all the time either at M/D,Wendys and several other drive thru's.

You had no idea what was going on at that perticular point and time, but assumed something else.

Before you criticize!!!!!! Know the facts first.

Thanks for you post Ray..... I am so god dahm mad at right now over this post it's really pondering my mind to pull the plug as the sponsor for the quad build off, which my Police Officer wages are paying for.

NO NO NO! He ordered his food and then drove into the parking lot and ate it. Happened about 2 weeks ago.

chucked
10-18-2004, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by 400exdad
Popo and CBR: As you know, there are immature people everywhere and it is very apparent that these kids don't know what is going on and still have some growing up to do. I work for a public utility and also, at times, have to endure the ridicule you guys get.... but, I know it's different. When I go to work, I am probably not putting my life in the hands of a partner, or worse yet, while trying to think the best thoughts of the person I am talking to at any moment, they are not thinking about shooting me in the gut. You guys are appreciated by many and most others on this site. For the ones that do not appreciate you, they are either not grown up and realized the importance of your jobs (and the little pay), are on the wrong side of the law, or are part of the miniscule percentage that actually have had a bad experience with a policeman that may not have been having the best day ever. For instance, a not having the best day ever would be where you were just punk'd by a bunch of kids with rootbeer bottles instead of beers.

Think of it this way kids: When you come home from school one day and your quad is gone, or when you grow up and your house has been broken into... and it could be much worse, but too bad to think about.... the reason it took the cops so long to get on seen is because they were wasting about 10-16 manhours making sure somebody's not pulling a prank to cover up some real crime.

Who cares they wont do anything anyway!

Pappy
10-18-2004, 06:57 AM
welp its more then time to close this thread down.

i have been watching it, and didnt close it for a few reasons.

1. everyone is entitled to an opinion no matter how off base it is.

2. after reading some of the flat out stupidity posted by some members, i bet to say alot more members now know how much credibility to allow those members.

i wont take sides on this because my own views may alarm some. my views come from my expierences and i wouldnt want to harm my friends feelings by stating them so i will refrain. but i sure as hell am not prepared to condone any actions that take police away from real work and have them sniffing root beer bottles.