PDA

View Full Version : engine rebuilding

Jimford
10-16-2004, 08:03 AM
I was wondering if anyone knows of a good place to send out a engine to get rebuilt.( piston, rings, bearings etc.) I am trying to find a good reliable place to send my 86 200x motor. I want the whole thing checked out. Thanks!!!

I-7
10-16-2004, 12:04 PM
Find a local shop in the buffalo area... thats your best bet

Jimford
10-16-2004, 07:09 PM
there aren't that many! The waiting list is rediculous. I have a place that i take my stuff but I would wait 7 months to get a cylinder reboring. I think that sucks!

nakomis0
10-16-2004, 08:44 PM
7 month to get a cylinder bored? Its like a 15 minute job!

Thats crazy, I'm sure you can find anouther place to get it bored. I live in the sticks and I know of 3 places around me that would do it.

As far as getting the other work done, if you have the time get a manual and do it yourself.

If you want to ship you cylinder out to get bored I can give you the name of a place that will do it for about $35. + shipping.

Jimford
10-17-2004, 05:00 AM
I am actually a good small engine mechanic. But I am a carpenter and work a lot. I wanted to just send it out and have the whole engine checked and put back together. I am painting the frame, putting new bearings in, etc.. I am overwhelmed a bit because I am building a motorcycle also. I just fabricated my rear fender and have some more stuff to do. I want all my projects done but the time I can ride in spring.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
10-17-2004, 10:24 AM
You could send it to Nebraska and Colby could check it out for you :) if you can't find someone locally..