PDA

View Full Version : Airsal 70 kit ?

Arctic Cat Dad
10-16-2004, 07:34 AM
I just installed the Airsal 70 kit on the little guys quad. Along with the Hetrick power up kit A. I asked what plug to use they said a B7HS. The kit came with a 9. I saw where some of you guys were saying the 7 may be to hot. Which plug would run better without burning up this new head. Also they said to run 32:1. Some of you say run half and half race fuel and gas mixture. I need to know all this stuff to get it fined tuned for the Irom man National. He's really excited to race in a National. I would hate to trash a new motor before we even get there or worse yet in a race. Any help would really appricated. (sp).

#838-01 Polini x3 works Michaels
#838-04 Arctic Cat 70-Michaels- Airsal 70 head,Malossi reed and cage, Malossi cdi, Malossi clutch kit,Hetrick power up kit C,Acerbis handguards,Rebel Gears,ProDesign kill switch,Douglas wheels 19" Holeshots front and 18" Snowhogs rear,rejeted and Moded airbox.

2004 PKM Promotions XC Champion 50cc open quad
Michael Mussi Jr #838

"Keep it pinned to win"

little50
10-16-2004, 07:53 AM
If it was me, I would use the info hetrick gave you, I'm sure they would not want you to ruin the stuff you just got from them also.
I would call them back and just double check about the plug, I know my airsal kit came with a plug, there must be a reason why.

P.S.
Make sure you break in that cylinder kit properly before you race, I just had to replace my piston rings becouse of that.

Arctic Cat Dad
10-16-2004, 09:11 AM
Little50, Thanks for the reply. I thought the same thing about the information Hetrick gave me. It's just that I was wondering why the kit came with a 9 and they said to use a B7HS wich they sent me 2 of. And my kit came with a 9 plug. I called Heyrick back, they are in Texas for a National. Maby the Pipe makes the difference,I sure know it made a world of difference in the performance. Man this little thing ROCKS now.Thanks for the breakin tip.I useally run them like I would race it.I'll have him take it easy on it.

little50
10-16-2004, 06:03 PM
Bye the way good luck at the iron man nationals its great to see all the mini quads getting pumped up for this, I wish I could bring my son there, but its just way to far :(

P.S.
it would'nt hurt to try the B8HS or B8HVX plug, it seems to be the most popular and if the performance dosent change it will be safer with the 8

GOOD LUCK AGAIN:) :) :)

Arctic Cat Dad
10-16-2004, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the info. I was going to use the 7 and trust their word. And my son is really pumped up. He's been to a few GNCC's and has a fox shirt with a bunch of pro's signitures on the back. He's even been on the podium at the wisp with his man Chris Borich to get his shirt signed. Chris gave him a big high 5. All he talks about is being a pro rider in the GNCC series. And the way he's going he will be there!

QuadJunkies
10-16-2004, 10:58 PM
go with a cooler plug.. We learned our lesson with that whole mess....:o

Arctic Cat Dad
10-17-2004, 05:19 AM
Thanks Quadjunkis. I will

Pappy
10-17-2004, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by Arctic Cat Dad
Thanks for the info. I was going to use the 7 and trust their word. And my son is really pumped up. He's been to a few GNCC's and has a fox shirt with a bunch of pro's signitures on the back. He's even been on the podium at the wisp with his man Chris Borich to get his shirt signed. Chris gave him a big high 5. All he talks about is being a pro rider in the GNCC series. And the way he's going he will be there!

johnny g has a collection of autographs from young racers. i will make sure he gets micheals so tell him to practice signing his name:p

Arctic Cat Dad
10-17-2004, 07:22 AM
Cool.Pappy I can't wait. Michael is so excited. This is his dream. I'm glad he finally getting a chance to race in the GNCC series.

markvette
10-17-2004, 05:52 PM
run the 9, thats all we run with those kits. we dont even run a 7 on our hipo 90's

Arctic Cat Dad
10-17-2004, 07:47 PM
I went with the 9. It runs GREAT! I couldn't believe my eyes when he made a test lap. I set the throttle limiter to half throttle. So as to take it easy on the motor to brake it in. And at half throttle it is wicked.He played with it today and took it really easy on it. When he got done makeing his first lap, he jumped off with a big smile on his face and give me a big hug and told me I was the best dad thanks alot. What a great kid. Heck he's only 6 and he's my buddy. I wish they made these things 35 years ago.

#838-01 Polini ex works-Michaels
#838-04 Arctic Cat 70-Michaels-Airsal 70 kit,Hetrick power up kit C,Malossi reed+cage,Malossi cdi, Malossi clutch kit,Acerbis Handguards,ProDesign kill switch,Rebel Gears(19/35), 19" Holeshots on Douglas wheels (front), 18"SnowHogs on Douglas wheels (rear).

2004 PKM Promotions XC Champion (4-6) 50cc open quad
Michael Mussi Jr #838

"Keep it pinned to win"
"Don't ride faster than your Angel can Fly"

QuadJunkies
10-17-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Arctic Cat Dad
I went with the 9. It runs GREAT! I couldn't believe my eyes when he made a test lap. I set the throttle limiter to half throttle. So as to take it easy on the motor to brake it in. And at half throttle it is wicked.He played with it today and took it really easy on it. When he got done makeing his first lap, he jumped off with a big smile on his face and give me a big hug and told me I was the best dad thanks alot. What a great kid. Heck he's only 6 and he's my buddy. I wish they made these things 35 years ago.

#838-01 Polini ex works-Michaels
#838-04 Arctic Cat 70-Michaels-Airsal 70 kit,Hetrick power up kit C,Malossi reed+cage,Malossi cdi, Malossi clutch kit,Acerbis Handguards,ProDesign kill switch,Rebel Gears(19/35), 19" Holeshots on Douglas wheels (front), 18"SnowHogs on Douglas wheels (rear).

2004 PKM Promotions XC Champion (4-6) 50cc open quad
Michael Mussi Jr #838

"Keep it pinned to win"
"Don't ride faster than your Angel can Fly"

I love when I read stuff like this.....;) It IS rather rewarding isnt it....:)

Arctic Cat Dad
10-18-2004, 05:16 PM
Yes it is . It's worth every penny we spend. Were only a middle income family. I have to work alot of overtime to pay for all this. I wonder sometimes if it's all worth it. But when he yanks off his helmet after a win and I see that HUGE smile. Then I know it's worth the thousands of dollors I spend on a racing season. And I will do it as long as it takes. Because he always gives it 100%, 100% of the time.

PS. Will a modded 70 run a full hr in race conditions on a 1.3 gallon tank. This has got me puzzled. He only used 2" of gas in a 20 min race when it was a modded 50.

mxmike17
10-19-2004, 07:50 PM
We run the airsal 70 kit on our 50 and it is amasing! Hmmm 1 hr on a tank. Very good question. What kinda carb? My guess would be no. I would try to do a test run and get to the bottom of it.
I wouln't be able to sleep the night before not knowing.

I bounce back and fourth between the 8 and 9 plug but we dont race for an hour. Id defantly run a 9 for that. :eek2:

Arctic Cat Dad
10-19-2004, 08:09 PM
Haven't had a chance to run many test. I work till 7:00. I could shine the truck lights on his track,but It's been raining cats and dogs. I think I will run it 35 minutes and do a fast look see pit . If I need it get if not just go. Should be abel to do it all under 15 seconds. Man I would hate to run out of gas,plus I hate to lose 15 seconds to.

mxmike17
10-19-2004, 08:22 PM
For fuel I tried 50/50 93 and 112. It ran great. It seams to like straight 112 even more:devil:

Id say go 50/50 and work from there. That might help keep the temp down from that long of a run also.

QuadJunkies
10-19-2004, 11:58 PM
My Daughter ran WORCS this year and it was for 45 minutes and she still had fuel left over and hers is a gas pig :o :p lol We run C12 in hers