PDA

View Full Version : Southern Woods - Lorettas Ride Oct 22-24 - Who's going?

400exdad
10-16-2004, 07:16 AM
Who all on here is going to the old VSTA ride at Loretta's this coming weekend?

zoe17
10-17-2004, 11:46 AM
I will be there for sure. I have made this ride the last three years. Great fun. I will there with my wife(2002 polaris trailblazer) and my other riding friends 16-20 others. We will camp Thurs-Sun. I like to be down by the creek.

Maybe I'll see ya there.

400exdad
10-17-2004, 04:22 PM
Z Are you the guys who actually park close to the creek where there is no power or water? This will be our 6th year there and we usually park on the first row of campsites near the creek that have power. We're in a white 20' enclosed with a quad guy on the back side of it! Dirt bike and quad mix. Come on over and say hi.

zoe17
10-17-2004, 05:13 PM
Last year we had the whole front corner of the creekside with power and water, gotta have that. I think we had 5 sites down there and two sites acroos the road from the creek. The lower bath house is much nicer than the upper one.

I will be towing with one of my Tucker Electric vehicles. Come over and give me a shout. Are you going up Wen/Thur/FRiday? We have debated leaving WEN. but it looks like Thursday morning for us.

See ya

400exdad
10-18-2004, 07:01 AM
We are probably really close together then... We'll be up Thursday night, probably around 9-10. While I could take off, my son has got school and the owner of the trailer has to work... we never really know when he will get to leave work, but no later than 7. You're right about the bath house on the lower side.. its almost new. :) Last year they put up the walls just outside the doors to keep us guys from flashing folks when we were getting dressed after a shower. :eek2: :eek2:

I'll look for your trailer while I'm there.

smr
10-18-2004, 05:19 PM
Where is this place at? Do they have a web page?

mwmg416
10-18-2004, 08:55 PM
go to southernwoodsrider.com for info

400exdad
10-19-2004, 10:44 AM
This ride is at Lorretta Lynns, on most of the GNCC trails. It is an awesome ride and will give you an idea of what a GNCC is like with a few slower riders in between (if you don't already know). This is my 6th year and the loop ranges from 13 to 19 miles. It is a three day event and is open to all. They usually have 3 loops. A kiddy loop, a shorter or mini loop of the main loop and of course the full bore loop. Most of the trail is awesome with just a few areas that are really challenging and make you wonder "should I or shouldn't I?" :)

This use to be the Volunteer State Trailrider Association yearly ride which was a non-profit organization. Today, Southern Woods riders is putting it on. Check out the website he told you about.