PDA

View Full Version : Friend Lost At Windrock!!!!!!!

exrider505
10-15-2004, 11:36 PM
I couldnt go to windrock today with my friends but i did talk to one of my friends who is there to make sure what i was hearing is true.

They were all riding together and my friend Brian Livingood went off by himself, he was supposed to meet back at camp later, they split up at 2:00 and have not seen hime sense! ! ! !

Cole Trane
10-15-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by exrider505
I couldnt go to windrock today with my friends but i did talk to one of my friends who is there to make sure what i was hearing is true.

They were all riding together and my friend Brian Livingood went off by himself, he was supposed to meet back at camp later, they split up at 2:00 and have not seen hime sense! ! ! !

Es no bueno!!!

Hope yall find him.

LazeR
10-16-2004, 12:40 AM
Did anyone go look for him ?

RIDER11X
10-16-2004, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by LazeR
Did anyone go look for him ?
Yeah, really. He could have had quad trouble, gotten stuck or hurt, or just got lost. Did they just leave without him?

We NEVER let a rider in our group go solo. This is a good practice even if it sounds overly cautious.:cool:

exrider505
10-16-2004, 07:05 AM
No of course they didnt just leave him there, they looked all night, his parents came up there and the police were there too. They found him about 6:00 this morning he was really lost, he was ok but had to spend the night in the middle of the woods by himself.

Shawn H
10-16-2004, 08:22 AM
Well glad to hear they found him,but the dumby deserves to sit outside all night I hope he froze his *** off!! He should never have gone riding by himself. :eek2:

Bush0102
10-16-2004, 10:31 AM
Casey (exrider505)...I just got off the phone with drew. After Brian ran out of gas last night he walked about 30 miles and swam through a creek in his boots and the 40 degree windy weather. He somehow found a trailer in the middle of the woods around 4:30 this morning and got a shower and a boloni sandwich from the guy who lived there... then he called Drew and they were able to pick him up.

Now they have to search 72,000 acres to try and find Brian's 400EX where he left it last night.

Apparently the Red Cross and like 7 counties' rescue squads were up there and a helicopter with infrared was about to be called to find him. They said if the search had gone on one more hour they would have called a SAR team from the 101st Airborne at Ft. Campbell, KY.

It makes me feel pretty good that so many people are willing to help just one person. Just be careful and in a place that big it seems like a 10 dollar trail map is definately worth it.

10-16-2004, 11:56 AM
glad to hear brian is okay.....good luck finding your 4 wheeler

JDiablo
10-16-2004, 11:58 AM
wow,that has to suck,but thats very good to hear all those people were looking for him,and more were going to come

I-7
10-16-2004, 12:00 PM
Its good to hear that he was ok and its always best to ride with another person atleast!

TGW_400ex
10-16-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Bush0102
Casey (exrider505)...I just got off the phone with drew. After Brian ran out of gas last night he walked about 30 miles and swam through a creek in his boots and the 40 degree windy weather. He somehow found a trailer in the middle of the woods around 4:30 this morning and got a shower and a boloni sandwich from the guy who lived there... then he called Drew and they were able to pick him up.

Now they have to search 72,000 acres to try and find Brian's 400EX where he left it last night.

Apparently the Red Cross and like 7 counties' rescue squads were up there and a helicopter with infrared was about to be called to find him. They said if the search had gone on one more hour they would have called a SAR team from the 101st Airborne at Ft. Campbell, KY.

It makes me feel pretty good that so many people are willing to help just one person. Just be careful and in a place that big it seems like a 10 dollar trail map is definately worth it.

Umm how do they know he walked 30 miles?:huh

bulkdriverlp
10-16-2004, 02:04 PM
im glad he got found, for sure. why the hell would you go off on ur own without gps or map is beyond me, and why would you swim in the water when you knew it was 40 degrees out. oh well, we all learn from our mistakes..

remlapr
10-16-2004, 07:59 PM
I don't know about walking 30 miles, I mean that would have taken all night by itself. I can see someone getting that lost in Windrock though - that place goes on forever just going by the marked trails.

tp300ex
10-16-2004, 08:13 PM
i dont think i would ever just leve my four wheeler:macho

I-7
10-16-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Bush0102

Wait, dont 400ex's have reserve or did he run out of that too?

TGW_400ex
10-17-2004, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by remlapr
I don't know about walking 30 miles, I mean that would have taken all night by itself. I can see someone getting that lost in Windrock though - that place goes on forever just going by the marked trails.

ya they would have to know exactly where his fourwheeler is to say how many miles he walked:rolleyes:

DEAL
10-17-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
ya they would have to know exactly where his fourwheeler is to say how many miles he walked:rolleyes:

Who cares if its exagerated or not .. the point is they found the guy and hes alright.

Bush0102
10-17-2004, 09:04 PM
i just relayed the information i was given. Now that he's home the facts are straight and he walked 9 miles in the pitch black, cold, windy night. Alone. In the middle of 72,000 acres.

and yeah he ran his reserve tank dry, too.

LazeR
10-17-2004, 10:12 PM
sucks for him, glad they found him....What about the quad ? Have they found that yet ?

MY450R
10-18-2004, 07:27 AM
we never go riding by ourselves thats just stupid and if you broke down or got hurt who would help you...noone
im glad to see that he got outa there alright though i imagine that had to be scary