PDA

View Full Version : Running a Practice Track?

Dale512
10-15-2004, 10:24 PM
Do you guys think a ATV/Dirtbike MX practice track could be profitable? What kind of overhead would be needed and what are some of the maintenance issues associated with it, I know it would require land, but how much do you think and what kind of zoning and all of that? Would need a watering tractor, bulldozer and maybe a bobcat and backhoe, anything else? Do you think it would be more profitable to have maybe like 2 or 3 tracks? Maybe a bigger more wide open one, maybe a littlebit tighter one with smaller jumps? And maybe a mini track? Also what are some of the legal issues associated with it?

Honda4trax250x
10-15-2004, 10:27 PM
i bet insurance is the expensive part

Dale512
10-15-2004, 10:47 PM
More than likely.

LazeR
10-16-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x
i bet insurance is the expensive part

thats what i was gonna say, your gonna have to have lots of $$$$$$ in liability insurance

khj
10-16-2004, 08:59 AM
Build it and they will come !!!
Depends on location if you can find a big enough spot (probaly 10 acres) in an area that has alot of riders and not alot of local tracks you should be able to pay your payment for the land and your insurance but I would not plan on quiting your regular job right away.
Good Luck !!!

SRH
10-16-2004, 10:03 AM
insurance is more for a practice track than a race track im pretty sure

Bush0102
10-16-2004, 10:36 AM
the insurance will probably depend on a few things, such as how strict you are with having people sign waivers, how close you are to a hospital, the safety and layout of your track, the level and organization of supervision.... the list goes on.

You might want to call some insurance companies to find out, because im sure there are a lot of them who won't insure a track because of the risk.

Just do some research before you start anything.

Rootar
10-16-2004, 03:53 PM
at the track around here they have a 3 page waiver you sign releaing All Libilty from the track plus they have a big sign at the track that says ride at yuor own risk plus you have to have a key to the gate i think it was 125$ for a year membership for the family the couple that owns it says they can pay the land payment and keep up of the track and theres no profit in it but i think there could be