PDA

View Full Version : Creed

lol
10-15-2004, 07:45 PM
anybody listen to creed every once and a while?

I-7
10-15-2004, 07:46 PM
I used to... they are a pretty good group

TGW_400ex
10-15-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by I-7
I used to... they are a pretty good group

you mean were

lol
10-15-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
you mean were

? :confused:

bulkdriverlp
10-15-2004, 07:56 PM
creed broke up.....they were a good band now they suck.!!

10-15-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
creed broke up.....they were a good band now they suck.!!
alter bridge isnt that bad

cheetah
10-15-2004, 08:34 PM
they didn't break up the lead singer overdosed. i think alter bridge is just as good.

250xridamatt
10-15-2004, 10:48 PM
I like alter bridges new song more than some of the old creed songs. But lets face it, they will never sell as many cd's as creed did.

Woo Woo 250 posts

LazeR
10-16-2004, 12:45 AM
creed was a good band, i liked six feet from the edge (or whatever the real name is) i havent had a chance to listen to alter bridge yet, any song recommendations from them?

10-16-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by LazeR
creed was a good band, i liked six feet from the edge (or whatever the real name is) i havent had a chance to listen to alter bridge yet, any song recommendations from them?

"Open your Eyes" is a pretty good tune by alter bridge.

TGW_400ex
10-16-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by cheetah
they didn't break up the lead singer overdosed. i think alter bridge is just as good.

I never heard that wasn/t it a chrisitan band?

FourFiftyFour
10-16-2004, 05:10 PM
creed definitely wasnt close to my favorites list......especially when they played some of their songs like 50 times a day.... for some reason to me every song just sounded too much the same for my liking

as far as i know they claimed to be a Christian type band.....

blondie69
10-16-2004, 05:34 PM
Their good for what they were.

10-16-2004, 06:05 PM
i thought to many of there songs sounded alike, but they were still good, i like the beginning of that song bullets, and the one were its got the dude doin that weird singin at the beginning and end of the song.

nhyfzrider
10-16-2004, 07:56 PM
"my own prison" was their best album. PERIOD.

Quadfather
10-16-2004, 08:27 PM
Someone liked them, they sold about a billion albums. I never heard that the singer, Scott Staap overdosed.

Well, actually I did hear that. He od'ed on his own ego.

I think the new Alter Bridge sound pretty cool. Nice, heavy guitar.

bansheerider_13
10-16-2004, 08:37 PM
i heard that he was an alcoholic and when to rehab or something

DEAL
10-16-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
creed definitely wasnt close to my favorites list......especially when they played some of their songs like 50 times a day.... for some reason to me every song just sounded too much the same for my liking

as far as i know they claimed to be a Christian type band.....

Why must you feel the need to post your negativity all the time?

Got Roost?
10-16-2004, 10:11 PM
scott didn't od. he has a solo album out now:rolleyes: creed's first two albums are ok, but they went down hill after that IMO.

FourFiftyFour
10-16-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by DEAL

i was just stating my opinion, i didnt hate the band but i didnt think they were the best either...i listened to a few of their songs but wasnt a huge fan

last time i checked, everyone could post their opinions on this site as long as it was on topic

and another thing i really dont think i have posted negatively on much except the whole smoking and drugs thing, which is my opinion and beliefs so excuse me for having an opinion like everyone else Andy

440ex2001
10-16-2004, 11:34 PM
As far as being good or bad. The guitar player was good and the drummer was too. The lead singer was ok but was one of those guys that some people like and some people hate.They played there music way to much. So thats why most people cant stand them. But they had some good songs. Scott Staph was just a psycho.

MichaelS693
10-17-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by DEAL

dude why u must make a stupid comment like that? everyone is entitled to their opinion on this board.. she doesn't always post negativity.. ive seen many good posts by the lady.. let her speak her mind... have a nice day:D

allmixedup047
10-17-2004, 01:11 AM
i cant stand scott stap. mark tremonti is a good guitarist, but the drummer wasnt that good. he had played drums for a year before the band started. but i have to agree with a couple different people on this one. my own prison was a good CD, but after they got big, scott turned into an idiot. and all of there songs were overplayed. as for being a christian band, no they wernt. religion played a huge part in scotts life when growing up but he didnt turn the band into a christian band, he promised his mom he wouldnt curse in his lyrics though because thats why she would never let him listen to rock music growing up a child. the whole first CD was writtin before the band came together, when scott was homeless.