PDA

View Full Version : Yet another ebay scammer

Pappy
10-15-2004, 12:38 PM
what a joke

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2494577699&category=6724

MY450R
10-15-2004, 12:40 PM
besides the fact that its a great deal what makes that a scam

Pappy
10-15-2004, 12:42 PM
let see...he is in roma italy.....and he is the same guy thats been scamming ebay for the last year MIGHT have something to do with it:confused: ;)

JR3
10-15-2004, 12:42 PM
yea it looks legit to me its prolly a scam cause of how low the price is

I-7
10-15-2004, 12:48 PM
Buy it now for 3500... I dont think so... whoevers 450r it is is pretty nice however :o

honda350r
10-15-2004, 12:50 PM
Oh no?? Not another scam on Ebay? I can't wait for the next one to be posted..

Pappy
10-15-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by honda350r
Oh no?? Not another scam on Ebay? I can't wait for the next one to be posted..

i do believe it is an exriders members quad, thats why it stood out to me. excuse me for pointing out this scam.

Bubba
10-15-2004, 01:13 PM
someone should email him and pretend its there 450r and see what he says....nice 450 tho, whoever it belongs too.

bansheeguy77
10-15-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
i do believe it is an exriders members quad, thats why it stood out to me. excuse me for pointing out this scam.

wow pappy i think that is the first time anyone has ever jumped on you like that and said your thread was pointless.

MY450R
10-15-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
wow pappy i think that is the first time anyone has ever jumped on you like that and said your thread was pointless.
i believe your right
ban him

Quad18star
10-15-2004, 02:02 PM
I'm getting more and more doubtful about buying stuff off ebay . You never know who you can trust anymore . And I'll agree with Pappy ... I've seen that quad around before . It might have been on the JRD website ... cuz they are supposed to be selling fully built MX quads .

dunnonuttin
10-15-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Bubba
someone should email him and pretend its there 450r and see what he says....nice 450 tho, whoever it belongs too. i'll do it:p

YFZ450Ridr
10-15-2004, 02:13 PM
http://www.jrdmech.com/parts-honda.html

450R on that site looks an awful lot like the one on ebay..

dunnonuttin
10-15-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Bubba
someone should email him and pretend its there 450r and see what he says....nice 450 tho, whoever it belongs too. i did it:p ROTFLMAO:blah:

Pappy
10-15-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77

him and i differ on our opinions, he continually does his best to get a rise from me but he will fail. i dont take it personal, im bigger then that.

as far as scams go i agree with him. its nothing new for ebay. however, this being a members quad and JRD being on our site im sure they will find it most interesting. so for the folks that appreciate my thread thank you, for those that dont...the door works why dont ya use it:D

GnarlyRacer
10-15-2004, 03:52 PM
yah my freind has that picture as his backround on his computer i dont know where he got it but im pretty sure its the same picture because of the wall in the backround is the same

MOFO
10-15-2004, 03:56 PM
him and i differ on our opinions, he continually does his best to get a rise from me but he will fail. i dont take it personal, im bigger then that.

your not the only one...

JDiablo
10-15-2004, 03:56 PM

as far as scams go i agree with him. its nothing new for ebay. however, this being a members quad and JRD being on our site im sure they will find it most interesting. so for the folks that appreciate my thread thank you, for those that dont...the door works why dont ya use it:D

ahh another fine example of how to handle yourself in a "situation" so to speak :devil: lol

markk
10-15-2004, 04:06 PM
let see...he is in roma italy.....and he is the same guy thats been scamming ebay for the last year MIGHT have something to do with it:confused: ;)

n Your right, What they tell u to do, is send the money, and THen well your item that you bought is complete B.S., and it never shows.

But if u think about it, This guy spends alot of time studing quads, to know that little bit of stuff!!!!!!!!!! anyways if its too good to be true, IT IS!!!!!

Pappy
10-15-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by markk

But if u think about it, This guy spends alot of time studing quads, to know that little bit of stuff!!!!!!!!!! anyways if its too good to be true, IT IS!!!!!

not really, that same quad was used to sell a fully built 450R from jrd last week and it looks to me all he did was copy and paste the info.

you would be surprised at the dumbasses out there that will hit the buy it now button and be screwed in short order.

Aceman
10-15-2004, 05:23 PM
The easiest way to spot an Ebay atv auction scam is it will say "preapproved bidders only" at the top. Do not bid on atv auctions that need preapproval first. Secondly, they will usually be from another country. Third, you will notice these "sellers" haven't sold atv/parts etc. before. Fourth, they will not take Paypal in the auctions I've seen. If they took Paypal your money would be insured against things like these.

honda350r
10-15-2004, 09:20 PM

I do not believe it was a personal attack towards anyone! I just get a kick out of all the new found Ebay police!!

Oh and thanks for letting everyone know!

Mxjunkie
10-15-2004, 09:28 PM
well, recenlty ive had 2 of them *******s try and get my cr, one from united kingdom and one from like kanas or something, we had to go to the fraud agecny etc and the fbi, had to print out all the emails and such, they mainy target motorcycles and cars....lowlifes ive had to relist my cr like 2 times allready :mad:

400exdad
10-16-2004, 07:04 AM
It appears to be removed now. JRD must have contacted ebay. Good job guys to make them aware that they were "part of the scam"!

10-16-2004, 09:54 AM
scamming is not good

GnarlyRacer
11-04-2004, 02:53 PM
they had one a while ago from the same guy and he removed it before the auction ended