PDA

View Full Version : Case Saver Question

Holty
04-13-2002, 01:42 PM
I just put on a new front sprocket(stock size 15t), and a new Graydon case saver. My question is, when I was pushing my bike into the garage today, i noticed the chain rubs on the case saver a little bit down at the bottom. Is this normal or is something wrong? I attached a pic to show you were it is rubbing. Any advice?

Also, is there supposed to any play in the front sprocket? I can move it back in forth a little bit and wasn't sure if that was normal?

James70214
04-13-2002, 02:52 PM
I think your chain might be a little losse. Try tightening it up a little. There really should not be any play in the sprockes.

PsychoDave
04-13-2002, 03:57 PM
MY SPROCKET HAS A LITTLE PLAY IN IT....SO DOES EVERY OTHER EX....THEY DONT SCREW ON THEY SLIDE ON AND THE LOCKING PLATE GOES BETWEEN THE GROOVES TO KEEP IT FROM COMING OFF....AND MY CHAIN HIT THE CASE SAVER TOO....OH YEAH PUT BLUS LOC-TITE ON THE SPROCKET BOLTS.....YOU DONT WANT THEM TO COME LOOSE.

Holty
04-13-2002, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the help....I didn't think anything was wrong, I just wanted to make sure.

What kind of case saver do you have?, and does it look more heavy duty than mine? I thought the Graydon looked a little flimsy for the money I spent on it?

400exRacerX
04-13-2002, 09:16 PM
I have the graydon case saver. I think I paid around like 35 bucks for it. I run a DID non o-ring chain and it hits the case saver. Don't worry about it your bike is fine. And as far as the case saver being flimsy,,,,think twice. Last season I had my chain jump on me and all it did was put a dent in the case saver,,,,it saved me some big bucks!!:p Damn worth every penny!;)

Holty
04-13-2002, 09:20 PM
well.....it's good to hear the case saver held up for you. makes me feel better. I was beginning to wonder if i wasted my money, but now I know i didn't. thanks.

kid300ex
04-14-2002, 12:37 AM
Got any pic's of your quad with the new suspension on it?

NJ300ex
04-14-2002, 11:47 AM
I have the nacs case saver and the chain touches a little. Nothing to worry about. I think the nacs is plenty strong. Most aftermarket case savers are probably the same size. Anything is better than stock.

Holty
04-14-2002, 04:36 PM
no suspension mods yet. still waiting on the A-arms.

Honda Guy
04-14-2002, 07:23 PM
Who makes a case saver that you can run a 16tooth? Is it weaker because its thiner for the extra tooth? How much weaker?

ChadEXer
04-15-2002, 10:35 AM
i dont think there is a case saver for the 16t. you can fit the stock case saver on, but you have tp put the sprocket and case saver together then bolt it on
Ask Vegas EXr ,,,he will tell you how to do it. Just go down on the rear sprocket!!!
Play in the front sprocket is normal!!