PDA

View Full Version : America

insaneracin2003
10-15-2004, 09:43 AM
Tampa news write up
STORY IN THE TAMPA PAPER

Will we still be the Country of choice and still be America if we continue to make the changes forced on us by the people from other countries that came to live in America because it is the Country of Choice??????
Think about it . .

All I have to say is, when will they do something about MY RIGHTS? I celebrate Christmas, but because it isn't
cele brated by everyone, we can no longer say Merry Christmas. Now it has to be Season's Greetings. It's not Christmas vacation, it's Winter Break. Isn't it amazing how this winter break ALWAYS occurs over the Christmas holiday? We've gone so far the other way, bent over backwards to not offend anyone, that I am now being
offended. But it seems that no one has a problem with that.

This says it all!

This is an editorial written by an
American citizen, published in a
Tampa newspaper. He did quite a job; didn't he? Read on, please!

IMMIGRANTS,
NOT AMERICANS,
MUST ADAPT.
I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we
are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11,
we have experienced a surge
in patriotism by the majority
of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks had
barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about
the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants. However, there
are a few things that those
who have recently come to
our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of America being a
multicultural community
has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Americans, we
have our own culture, our
own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language.
Therefore, if you wish to become part
of our society, learn the language!

"In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan.. We ado pted this motto because Christian men and women,
on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented.
It is certainly appropriate to display it
on the walls of our schools. If God
offends you, then I suggest you
consider another part of the world as
your new home, because God is part
of our culture.

If Stars and Stripes offend you, or
you don't like Uncle Sam, then you
should seriously consider a move
to another part of this planet. We
are happy with our culture and have
no desire to change, and we really
don't care how you did things where
you came from. This is
OUR COUNTRY,
our land, and our lifestyle. Our First Amendment gives every citizen the
right to express his opinion and we
will allow you every opportunity to do
so. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag,
our pledge, our national motto, or our
way of life, I highly encourage you
take advantage of o ne other great American freedom,
THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

Pappy
10-15-2004, 09:45 AM
(wipes tear) Hell Yeah i can agree with that!

MY450R
10-15-2004, 09:51 AM
need a tissue pappy?
i agree 100% immagrants are stealing our jobs and we encourage this
we dont want immagrants to not get jobs do we
we dont want them mooching off the government do we
i say send them home and let them reform thier own country

Pappy
10-15-2004, 09:59 AM
well im not prepared to say we dont want or need more immigrants. after all, this country was built by immigrants.

i do believe that the average american doesnt realize how much work is done in this country by immigrant workers. i dont know many white boys that want to spend all day picking fruit for minimum wage, or many black folks that prefer digging ditches then getting a non manual labor job. this leaves a gap in the workforce thats being filled by lower class immigrants.

i do agree with the above editorial about the changes that are taking over our country, but we as americans can not reach the point of saying " dont bring me your tired, your cold and your hungry"

BlueZ440
10-15-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
well im not prepared to say we dont want or need more immigrants. after all, this country was built by immigrants.

i do believe that the average american doesnt realize how much work is done in this country by immigrant workers. i dont know many white boys that want to spend all day picking fruit for minimum wage, or many black folks that prefer digging ditches then getting a non manual labor job. this leaves a gap in the workforce thats being filled by lower class immigrants.

i do agree with the above editorial about the changes that are taking over our country, but we as americans can not reach the point of saying " dont bring me your tired, your cold and your hungry"

Well said Pappy....

Pappy
10-15-2004, 10:08 AM
i should run for office i think:p

sickmojave
10-15-2004, 10:10 AM
i should run for office i think:p

I would vote for you ;)

Pappy
10-15-2004, 10:12 AM
my speech to accept the nomination would include....

"and since slick willy got away with it...be damn well prepared for me getting daily "lewinskis" in my office":eek:

sickmojave
10-15-2004, 10:13 AM
ROFLMAO :devil:

Pappy
10-15-2004, 10:18 AM
i could see it now....

every other president has been shown jogging and working out...

they would find me in the back yard of the white house with mud in my teeth roosting the press pool:devil:

BlueZ440
10-15-2004, 10:28 AM
You have my vote..

400exdad
10-15-2004, 11:20 AM
Pappy: Even with your over 24,000 posts, numerous jobs, wife and kids, projects and quad racing, you could still probably do a better job than most! :devil:

I agree with the first post... I'm sick and tired of the immigrants taking advantage of the system. For example, someone here at work helps Russian people relocate here. Which is good. However, one of the folks she has helped is a senior citizen who has never paid a dime into our system. But yet, they still get DISABILITY from our (us) government.... Meanwhile, this old guy has the ability to do yardwork... for cash of course! Some of these folks haven't been here but 5 mins., and already have learned to work the system. BTW she enjoys the powdered milk, cheese and whatever else she gets from the poor immigrants she helps! Which of course, is bad! :grr:

PHAT400
10-15-2004, 11:24 AM
I will welcome all to this country with open arms... however this country has already been set in it's way's by our fore father's.

My biggest gripe is the folk's who come to this country to enjoy the many possibilities of a better life and yet refuse to speak our language. I will deal with the fact that you do not have the same religious belief's as myself. You have your god and i have mine. I won't ask you to change your holiday's that are celebrated in that lousy hell hole of a country you left.

Coming to this country is a privelage, not a right.

Work your *** off as I do and I will give you all the respect you deserve.

Do not make my child suffer the indignities of being told he can no longer say "ONE NATION UNDER GOD" during the pledge of allegience due to the fact that some of you may not beleive in a god and feel it is offensive, use our educational system so that your children will become the intelligent self sufficient individual's that they likely could not have become in the "OLD COUNTRY".

Deal with it.

I have to deal with it each time I step into a 7-11. Do I get pissed when I have to ask the guy 3times to please repeat the amount I owe for my Cherry coke Slurpee? A little, but guess what ... this is america and this guy is busting his *** to make a life.

When I call the electric company or the gas company and I am asked: FOR SERVICE IN ENGLISH PRESS 1. How SH***Y is that.?

We have become so concerned about upsetting our new potential americans that we have completely lost sight of how and why the U S A came to be. We all want to be different and I applaud that, but some thing's need to remain on an even keel.

Come to the U S A, raise a family and enjoy your freedom.

JUST DON'T INFRINGE ON MINE.

I-7
10-15-2004, 01:03 PM
Amen... the writer of that deserves 3 cookies

Ralph
10-15-2004, 01:14 PM
I am an imigrant, My family moved here from germany and my dad took somebodys job at a company. He then made the company grow so much as president, made it move into a bigger building. Opend many more jobs. Then he quit because he didnt like what was going on anymore and there was nothing he could do. Then he bought a small company and its slowly growing now. The other company is slowly going out of buinsness now that my dad is gone.

I think people should be more sensitive when they just say Imigrants are taking your jobs, If an imigrant CAN take your job you need to work harder, cause i know my dad gets up at 5:30 everyday and doesnt come home till about 6-7.

to wrap it up, my dads an imigrant and if anything he made more jobs. :macho

edit,

Also my family recieve no special things from the goverment, we pay plenty of taxes, healthcare etc.

Quad18star
10-15-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by 400exdad
Pappy: Even with your over 24,000 posts, numerous jobs, wife and kids, projects and quad racing, you could still probably do a better job than most! :devil:

I agree with the first post... I'm sick and tired of the immigrants taking advantage of the system. For example, someone here at work helps Russian people relocate here. Which is good. However, one of the folks she has helped is a senior citizen who has never paid a dime into our system. But yet, they still get DISABILITY from our (us) government.... Meanwhile, this old guy has the ability to do yardwork... for cash of course! Some of these folks haven't been here but 5 mins., and already have learned to work the system. BTW she enjoys the powdered milk, cheese and whatever else she gets from the poor immigrants she helps! Which of course, is bad! :grr:

I agree with you on the issue of people comming from another country and playing the system right from the start . People enter Canada on a daily basis in British Columbia .... they litterally get of the boat , go to Immigration sign their papers , and jump into the unemployment line ..... 2 weeks later they are getting a cheque for over $1000 a month and they haven't even looked for a job . Their excuse , is that they can't find a job because they can't speak english . Well sorry to break it to them , but in my country we have 2 National languages .... English and French .... learn one of them before you come over looking for the better life .

One incident that happened about 3 years ago , had this country in an uproar .
It is costumary for the veterans of this country or anyone that enter into a Royal Canadian Legion , to take off their hat . It's the "rule" and has been like that for the last 90 - 100 years . Sme Islamic person that wears a turbun , refused to follow this "rule" and took it to the Supreme Court of Canada ..... Picture the uproar that was caused throughout the Legion and throughout this Country , when the Court allowed him to keep his Turbun on in the Legion . Total disgrace by our court system .

I personally think , that they should have given the boot to the 12 judges sitting on that pannel that made the decision . It's a part of our nations history and because of one immigrant , our history changed . Sickening!!!!!!!!

bansheeguy77
10-15-2004, 01:51 PM
i agree, most agree but the problem is we can preach this til we are blue in the face but nothing will ever change. im not racist, i hate no one until you prove me wrong. i really wish it was run here like our forefathers set it out to be run. they all would probably commit suicide if they seen america today. no matter what it is it pisses someone off. then they go cry and it screws all of us. and whos getting screwed? your average white man. its getting like it was in the 50's with blacks. just like martin luther king jr would not like the way blacks are acting. he wanted equality and people treated the same. not all this black segregation crap. people really need to loosen up and learn to swallow a little. because if it keeps going the way it is going we will have nothing in 20 years. we need a dictator or communism for a few years so people actually realize how good we do have it. hell if it keeps going the way it is going in a few years quadstar i might be your new neighbor....

Quad18star
10-15-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
hell if it keeps going the way it is going in a few years quadstar i might be your new neighbor....

Just make sure to bring a jacket , cuz it's getting pretty damn cold outside . :D

bansheeguy77
10-15-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Just make sure to bring a jacket , cuz it's getting pretty damn cold outside . :D

oh dont worry i will....btw how do you keep your igloos heated in the winter?

lol
10-15-2004, 05:34 PM

lmao

these changes to our country might not be for the worst, they might be for the better:confused:

Quad18star
10-15-2004, 08:34 PM

LOL ....Oh don't worry about that .... you don't keep the igloo warm , you keep your body warm .... and in order to do that , we go hunting for polar bears and eat a lot of seal blubber . :p

Mxjunkie
10-16-2004, 07:16 AM
LOL ....Oh don't worry about that .... you don't keep the igloo warm , you keep your body warm .... and in order to do that , we go hunting for polar bears and eat a lot of seal blubber . :p

lol great, i better look into that if my dad and me are moving to canada anytime soon..:blah:

Ryan
10-16-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by insaneracin2003
Tampa news write up
STORY IN THE TAMPA PAPER

Will we still be the Country of choice and still be America if we continue to make the changes forced on us by the people from other countries that came to live in America because it is the Country of Choice??????
Think about it . .

All I have to say is, when will they do something about MY RIGHTS? I celebrate Christmas, but because it isn't
cele brated by everyone, we can no longer say Merry Christmas. Now it has to be Season's Greetings. It's not Christmas vacation, it's Winter Break. Isn't it amazing how this winter break ALWAYS occurs over the Christmas holiday? We've gone so far the other way, bent over backwards to not offend anyone, that I am now being
offended. But it seems that no one has a problem with that.

This says it all!

This is an editorial written by an
American citizen, published in a
Tampa newspaper. He did quite a job; didn't he? Read on, please!

IMMIGRANTS,
NOT AMERICANS,
MUST ADAPT.
I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we
are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11,
we have experienced a surge
in patriotism by the majority
of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks had
barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about
the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants. However, there
are a few things that those
who have recently come to
our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of America being a
multicultural community
has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Americans, we
have our own culture, our
own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language.
Therefore, if you wish to become part
of our society, learn the language!

"In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan.. We ado pted this motto because Christian men and women,
on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented.
It is certainly appropriate to display it
on the walls of our schools. If God
offends you, then I suggest you
consider another part of the world as
your new home, because God is part
of our culture.

If Stars and Stripes offend you, or
you don't like Uncle Sam, then you
should seriously consider a move
to another part of this planet. We
are happy with our culture and have
no desire to change, and we really
don't care how you did things where
you came from. This is
OUR COUNTRY,
our land, and our lifestyle. Our First Amendment gives every citizen the
right to express his opinion and we
will allow you every opportunity to do
so. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag,
our pledge, our national motto, or our
way of life, I highly encourage you
take advantage of o ne other great American freedom,
THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

Amen to that.

Butters
10-16-2004, 08:10 PM
i agree with most of that except for the fact it said this nation was founded by christian men and women. i understand this is true but our law calls for a separtion of church and state. putting under God, and in God we trust isn't really a seperation. i'm not trying to start a fight or anything but I am curious as to how you guys would defend this as being legit.

honda350r
10-16-2004, 08:28 PM
I wonder what the NATIVE AMERICANS think about this subject???

Hmmmm?

Quad18star
10-16-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by honda350r

Hmmmm? True True True

Ryan
10-17-2004, 01:32 PM

Hmmmm?

Why do they call them native Americans? Or African Americans? Either your an American or not. To me, it seems like they want to be sectioned out.

Quad18star
10-17-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Ryan
Why do they call them native Americans? Or African Americans? Either your an American or not. To me, it seems like they want to be sectioned out.

Native Americans because they were here before the white man found this continent . They are native to this country aka first people here .

African Americans , because it is proven , that black people came from Africa and made America their homeland .

Ryan
10-17-2004, 03:04 PM
Native Americans because they were here before the white man found this continent . They are native to this country aka first people here .

African Americans , because it is proven , that black people came from Africa and made America their homeland .

Still, Black people came from Africa, my ancestors are from Europe. Im not a European-American. Originally, We weren't just here, we came here. Im an American, Not a European American.

honda350r
10-17-2004, 03:21 PM
Quad18star...Ryan don't get it !!

Pappy
10-17-2004, 03:52 PM
neanderthal man was here before the indians so whats the point?

what the white men did (were they white i mean ya gotta give the spanish some credit in this also) was wrong but thats the way the world evolved.

now that we are supposed to be of civilized nature can you logically hold me accountable for what happened to an indian 200 years ago? hmmm?:D

honda350r
10-17-2004, 06:26 PM
neanderthal man was here before the indians so whats the point?

what the white men did (were they white i mean ya gotta give the spanish some credit in this also) was wrong but thats the way the world evolved.

now that we are supposed to be of civilized nature can you logically hold me accountable for what happened to an indian 200 years ago? hmmm?:D

I did not hold anyone accountable! I just brought the subject to the table.

Pappy
10-17-2004, 06:28 PM
I did not hold anyone accountable! I just brought the subject to the table.

it was a rehtorical question...geez talk about being paraniod:eek2:

honda350r
10-17-2004, 06:35 PM
it was a rehtorical question...geez talk about being paraniod:eek2:

Yeah no kidding! :eek2:

Pappy
10-17-2004, 06:44 PM
Yeah no kidding! :eek2:

"are you threatening me" :devil: (in best beavis voice):macho

Ryan
10-17-2004, 07:15 PM
I get it. I think differently. But I have my own opinion on this subject so I'll leave it at that.