PDA

View Full Version : Parking Brake Block-Off and Perch

Wheelie
09-01-2001, 06:23 PM
For those who have removed the Parking Brake assembly: Do you retain the stock clutch/parking brake perch, or do you go to an aftermarket (XR400?). If aftermarket is the way to go, what do I do with the safety switchs etc. inside of the stock perch assembly.

Thanks for your time.

trx400ex
09-01-2001, 07:09 PM
i kept the stock and just ripped off the cable

09-01-2001, 07:25 PM
take the two wires and spice them together...but now you'll starter will work if your even in gear so make sure to always have the clutch in when starting

09-04-2001, 01:56 PM
Go out to speedracingproducts.com and order the blockoff plate and perch/lever and be done with it......the correct way,,and it's not very expensive either..

Wheelie
09-04-2001, 09:14 PM
Rico

What happens to all of the safety switches, etc.. Does it retain the stock clutch cable?

Thanks for your help

09-04-2001, 10:02 PM
The only switch is the one on the clutch lever. As McGrathSucks said, once you splice them together you will be able to run the starter at any time. If you don't splice them, you will have to be in neutral to start. Take off the electrical tape and splice them together, then use new tape to re-wrap the wires and yer good to go. I bought a new perch also, but it got sacrificed shortly afterwards in a tumble down the hill I failed to negotiate properly, so I'm back to the stock perch until the wife allows me enough beans to get another perch. I like the ones Rico mentioned at Speed Racing. Simple is good!

TRFOXX
09-05-2001, 01:03 PM
Buy the MSR Rapture perch and lever it has 3 settings for how
hard/soft you want to pull. Comes in different colars also!

buckeye400ex
09-07-2001, 08:02 AM
I bought a Magnum EZ-pull clutch perch and lever with the quick adjust knob. It's sweet and I used the stock clutch cable. Still need to get the blockoff plate.

09-07-2001, 10:09 AM
Go ahead and get ya a cable luber also,,,,,,it's a must and will keep your clutch pull ,,,,,,nice and eazy,,,,:D