PDA

View Full Version : My father passed away this morning

Woodsrider
10-15-2004, 08:52 AM
I got the worst phone call this morning at about 3:30. My dad suffered a massive heartattack in his sleep. He had a seven way bypass after his last heart attack five years ago, and had had no other heart problems since. Two years prior to his first heart attack he had surgery to remove his bladder due to cancer, and had the desease beat. He had three more years to retirement and was so looking forward to spending those years with his grandchildren.
My dad raised me as a single parent from the time I was 8, and though we were very close, we never told each other "I love you". I regret that I will never get to tell him how much I love him.

Never be afraid to be the first to say "I love you".

Pappy
10-15-2004, 08:58 AM
i feel for ya:( he went the way i hope to go...in my sleep.

keep your chin up....and we will pray for your father and your family

Dan229
10-15-2004, 09:04 AM
Very sorry to hear your dad passed away. :(

sharkinthepool
10-15-2004, 09:10 AM
Sorry to hear it! I feel for you and your family:( I wish the best of luck to you and your family, and will think of you in my prayers!

PBlackmon
10-15-2004, 09:18 AM
Sorry to hear about that. I will definitly pray for you, your family, and your father.

spincr4hire
10-15-2004, 09:31 AM
sorry to hear that.:(

fastmofo
10-15-2004, 09:32 AM
sorry to hear for your father. the best of luck to you and your family

MY450R
10-15-2004, 09:43 AM
THATS HORRIBLE MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU
ill keep you in my prayers

red
10-15-2004, 09:55 AM
sorry for your loss.:(

Tommy 17
10-15-2004, 09:56 AM
sry man... keep ur head up hes in a better place...

Quad18star
10-15-2004, 11:19 AM
Just remember man , he's somewhere right now looking down over you and all his grandchildren and all his children . He's looking down on you and giving you the strength to be strong . My parents mean the world to me , and I try and tell them almost everyday , that I Love Them .

My prayers are with you and all your loved ones.

400exdad
10-15-2004, 11:27 AM
I lost my father wheh he was at the young age of 62. Yes guys, that is young! It has been about 6 years now, and I still miss him. Tell your Dad (you probably already tell your Mom) that you love him and spend some time with him. I told myself : I'll play golf with my Dad... or fish with my Dad... after I get this project done... or next year. I never got the chance.

Be strong Woodsrider! He can hear you now. I know my Dad does.

PHAT400
10-15-2004, 11:38 AM
I am sorry for your loss.

Even though you never told each other "I love you" be very grateful that you were able to enjoy the toime you had.

I am very jealous of that. I am 35 yrs old and my father passed away when I was 8 yrs old. A massive heart attack dropped him on the spot. He was 41.

Tell him right now in your loudest voice.....

I LOVE YOU DAD.

I say it quite often myself... and I know he hear's me..

I think at time's I hear him respond...

Say it man...

peace be with you..

Dean.

UglyMotha™
10-15-2004, 11:54 AM
sorry to hear that, must be hard :(

Bad Habit
10-15-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Woodsrider
and though we were very close, we never told each other "I love you". I regret that I will never get to tell him how much I love him.

Do not have any regrets about this. I too lost my dad at the age of 14 and I struggled with what you're feeling for many many years. It was not until I had children of my own that I realized that your children are the beginning and end of what love is. I'd bet money that even though your own little ones might not have told you today that they love you, you still know it in your heart. It's probably one of the most certain things in your life.

So, don't regret the woulda's shoulda's and coulda's. Find peace in the fact that he KNEW that you love him.

HtFoxChick
10-15-2004, 01:16 PM
You were close to your father. I believe he knew how much you loved him! Don't feel regret. Actions speak louder than words. A laugh, smile ,just spending time with him means alot. Sorry for your loss.:(

FourFiftyFour
10-15-2004, 01:26 PM
im so sorry :(, that is awful, i'll say an extra prayer for you, dont put yourself through a long guilt trip, bc from the sounds of things, you had a relationship with your dad that is a lot better and stronger than most people out there, i can admit me and my parents arent close bc they dont allow me to come close to them, you are a very lucky man to have been able to have such a wonderful relationship with your father.

quadfamily
10-15-2004, 07:49 PM
Dude,
I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my father this year also. He was only 62 just like 400EXDad's Dad. I miss him so much I can't explain. I got a tear in my eye reading this. There were things I regret not doing with my Dad also (I always wanted to take him to a Nascar race)but I realized I can't beat myself up about it and you shouldn't either. There's not really anything anybody can say to make you feel better either, beleive me I know. So I'll just say I'm sorry for you and God bless you and your family.

bulkdriverlp
10-15-2004, 07:55 PM
sorry to hear bout dad. he may not be there for you physically but he will always be there in spirit. go to a high place and look up and talk to him, hes listening. take care man.

lol
10-15-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by MY450R

:(

gyt-r450
10-15-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by MY450R

WhiteBros400ex
10-15-2004, 08:09 PM
Sorry to hear man:(

I-7
10-15-2004, 08:48 PM
Im very sorry to hear that awful news. Just keep on keeping on and remember that he will always be with you

Guy400
10-16-2004, 04:10 AM
I am terribly sorry to hear this. I just said a prayer for you and your family. Enjoy everything life has to offer you and remember, God never gives you more than you can handle.

crayfz
10-16-2004, 05:05 AM
Sorry

Dannys400ex
10-16-2004, 05:42 AM
sorry to hear about your loss, you can still talk to him, he will always be listening...

dpizz450
10-16-2004, 07:50 AM
RIP i will pray for you and your family's loss

Shawn H
10-16-2004, 08:19 AM
Sorry man
My prayers go out to ya. My mom passed away a few months before my 1st child was born I WAS SO BUMMED OUT!

My kids always tell me there playing with someone that ya cant see its weird whether its there imagination or there grandma I dont know but makes me think.

We were at the grocery store and my son yells WHAT real loud Im like what are you doing he said his grandma Sally was a couple isles over freeked out my wife!

I believe there still around and they make there precense known.

sly400ex
10-16-2004, 08:37 AM
Sorry to hear this:( Even though you didn't tell him that you loved him as much as you wanted to, I'm sure the love showed by being so close to him. God bless.

brian-250
10-16-2004, 09:07 AM
so sorry to here that man.:( I wish the best for you and your family.:)

dirtmomma
10-16-2004, 09:47 AM
:( VERY sorry to hear this Mike, our prayers are w/ you & the family, keep your chin up it'll get better. Take care of them kids & give them lots of love :)

Ryan
10-16-2004, 11:14 AM
Sorry to hear about the bad news :( .

RIDER11X
10-16-2004, 11:32 AM
Thankfully you were close with your father, as you can rest assured he knew how you felt about him and I'm sure the feeling was mutual.
I lost my father after a 6 month battle with cancer, but we never could see eye to eye, and that was the part that ate me up the worst. They say we all get to meet up again down the road, maybe that is our second chance at it.:(
Just remember, you Dad would want you to continue on with your head up.:cool:

JOEX
10-16-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Bad Habit
Do not have any regrets about this. I too lost my dad at the age of 14 and I struggled with what you're feeling for many many years. It was not until I had children of my own that I realized that your children are the beginning and end of what love is. I'd bet money that even though your own little ones might not have told you today that they love you, you still know it in your heart. It's probably one of the most certain things in your life.

So, don't regret the woulda's shoulda's and coulda's. Find peace in the fact that he KNEW that you love him.
Very touching words Bad Habit.

Mike, sorry for your loss. Even though the words were not said, i'm sure the feelings were in the actions.

Woodsrider
10-17-2004, 08:40 AM
Jeeze Joe:rolleyes: You looking to get your post count up?

Thanks to all of you for the kind words. I just got back last night from my parents house, and making all the funeral arrangments. I have to go back over on Tuesday, and the funeral is Wednsday.
My father was 59 and looking so forward to retirement. He worked for the city since 1977 and knew everybody. LOL when I was growing up, he knew when I was in trouble before I did:eek:
And I have a lot of fond memories of him to share with my children.

Again, thanks for all of the kind words from all of you..