PDA

View Full Version : HP Numbers with these mods....

Wayne64SS
10-14-2004, 08:22 PM
I have some pretty popular mods it seems so I was wondering what you guys are putting down on the dyno with HMF full system, HRC kit, uni air filter? I was just curious to see what i was laying down at the wheel. I should be close to 45- 48 right?

Martin Blair
10-14-2004, 08:24 PM
i would say prob 45

Wayne64SS
10-14-2004, 08:26 PM
ooooooooo nice! so if you estimate it at 54 at the flywheel then you would have the same power to weight ratio as that of a murcielago or ford gt.... hmmm interesting ... i wanna go faaaaaaaast!

Martin Blair
10-14-2004, 08:29 PM
stock 450 with a 150lb rider has about same power to wight ration at the rear wheels as a covrrvette z06 from what we figrued ina diff post

Wayne64SS
10-14-2004, 08:33 PM
thats silly
i wanna bring it to the strip! hey guys any tips on bringing the front end down and keeping it there? I realize put me weight forward but i only weigh 140 and it just picks me up with it LoL any other ideas? I am runnin 13t

#1speedbump
10-14-2004, 08:35 PM
Not to be a d1ck but with those mods there is no chance your breaking 41hp. IF you get 40 out of that setup youd be lucky. There are guys with 13:1 JE pistons, HRC cams, flow work, complete exhausts and free flowing air filters and they are seeing 45 rear wheel hp. Real world numbers are not as high as the mags would make you think.

Wayne64SS
10-14-2004, 08:45 PM
that is the whole reason for asking on here to see what real people with real quads came up with in the real world ona dyno. dont they put down about 38 rear wheel stock though. 41 sounds awfully low to me

Bad Habit
10-14-2004, 08:50 PM
/\/\/\ Yea, what speedbump said. 45 would be very optomistic. I'd bet big money that you'd be closer to 40 than 45. HRC equiped 450 with good jetting and dyno tires will hit 40, I've seen it myself. The full HMF exhaust is not going to get you anymore peak hp. Notice I said peak hp. It will get you some good gains in the low to mid range, but peak will be the same. There has been some good research going on by some knowledgable people and they believe that the head design (exhaust valves to be specific) are what's limiting the top end peak hp numbers.

Wayne64SS
10-14-2004, 09:11 PM
damn bro thats some good info thanks for the reply.... is it cause the unicak they cant get the numbers they want or in the port itself? is it worth me sendin my head off for porting? all i really do is trailride and jump ahahah i dont think porting would give me the kind of huge gains i am expereienceing with exhaust (im tlakin seat fo pants ive never dynoes i cant find one !)

mikes450r
10-14-2004, 09:23 PM
how is the honda that low on hp...in the last dirt wheels they had the yamaha at 46 and 47 with full exuast....and they were keeping them under 98decimals

Bad Habit
10-14-2004, 09:29 PM
If you're not worried about being the fastest thing out there, the HRC with HMF will be a good combination. The HRC cam gives really good top end power, at the cost of slight loss in the lower rpm's. The HMF exhaust should pick your low end back up to at least where it was stock, if not a little more. The porting will not be necessary unless you're looking to break that 40hp top end barrier. From what I've been reading, larger exhaust valves and some porting (along with hi comp piston) will let the motor go ahead and keep making power up high, instead of limiting itself once it reaches that 40hp mark.

Bad Habit
10-14-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by mikes450r
how is the honda that low on hp...in the last dirt wheels ....

You just answered your own question. Magazine shootouts are for reading while you're on the crapper, not for a factual real-world report on quad performance. I'm not trying to be an ***, it's just the plain honest truth.

450 Racer R
10-14-2004, 09:33 PM
it'd be hot if there were some kind of aftermarket head design available that you could just bolt on. maybe later on down the line....

mikes450r
10-14-2004, 09:38 PM
honda says they came with what 38 39 hp.....what do you guys think the real numbers are.....same with the yfz what are they

Martin Blair
10-14-2004, 11:21 PM
depends on dyno gt thunder has the stock 450r and yfs at low 40s

jmpulse
10-15-2004, 12:23 AM
I am at a real world rear wheel hp # of 44hp. This is with just the LTE racing Exaust! This is with a base line dyno run of 39hp, so it was a gain of close to 5hp. Now I know there is going to be a number of people knocking my results, there are no dyno games going on. The other quads with the LTE systems, are actually showing reater than advertised on the mobile dynos that tour the sand areas durring the bigger weekends. LTE's attention to the little details is what make a big difference. Plus, they respond really well to engine mods, actually coming to life.

Go ahead everybody slam away!

Oh, they also quiet down to 92dB or less with out much of a loss hp!

RedRacer44
10-15-2004, 12:49 AM
With my current mods:

11.5:1 JE Piston
Stage II HotCam
K&N Filter
Sparks full exhaust

I pushed out 43 HP on the dyno and I honestly dont feel that the piston did anything to help me out on power, i'm throwing in the 13:1 JE piston this week for that reason. Hopefully get up to 46-48 HP. We seem to be getting 45-48 HP with full exhaust, filter/jetting, hi-comp piston, HRC cam, and FCR carb.

We've also got a TRX pushing 52 HP w/ Sparks 13.8:1 piston, Sparks Cam, Sparks filter setup, Sparks Exhaust, and FCR carb. Same guy has another TRX just like that one but with a Sparks port job and its pushing 56 HP. Faster than both of his CRF quads.

Dyno #s are sooo hard to compare, its almost ridiculous to even start putting out dyno #s.

red2004 TRX450R
10-15-2004, 11:30 AM
We don’t race or ride on dynos so don’t worry about the #’s
I have seen motors with fewer horsepower win over more HP motors in auto dragracing and circle track.

Be more concerned with useable power in your power band that just peek horsepower!!!!!!

A mod may take a way peek HP but may gain torque or better mid range and make U faster.

EX a pipe may not add as much peek HP that a another put it may be the best pipe out there, in your susituation.

Peek power numbers are just for bragging rights not to win races for the most part.

Just look at NASCAR, an engine builder may think he has built a better motor based on dyno results but it may end up being worst once it hits the track!!

REDARMYRACER
10-15-2004, 05:54 PM
with the mods i got she pushes 44.5 hp on the dyno.

my buddy with a yfz knn and dr. D slip on puts out 46.9 hp peak but his bike falls off hard about 9000 rpms that is no where near the redline.....

so i would agree, useable power is best.

the skill of the rider means EVERYTHING..... a machine with a ton of mods only makes it easier for a novice rider to win in a drag race. If you can beat mugs on a bike with fewer mods then the guy you're drag racing then you got something, better shifting, better holeshot, just better. plus you make that guy think he needs to waste more money on more go fast goodies.

Don't get me wrong, i love modding out my machine, but if you really wanna win with bragging rights, beat "THAT GUY" with more go fast goodies then you.... and laugh as he wants to run'em agian and agian and agian.

the best way to put it is this.....

THE SHEIT TALKING STOPS WHEN THE HAMMER DROPS!!!!

OH YEAH, I would also agree that a dyno test is only good for getting the bike to run at its peak. cause you get air/fuel, hp, and torque charts that may not be 100% but they will show the difference at that time of what happens when you tweak here and adjust there. ya dig?

lukester720
10-16-2004, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by REDARMYRACER
with the mods i got she pushes 44.5 hp on the dyno.

my buddy with a yfz knn and dr. D slip on puts out 46.9 hp peak but his bike falls off hard about 9000 rpms that is no where near the redline.....

so i would agree, useable power is best.

the skill of the rider means EVERYTHING..... a machine with a ton of mods only makes it easier for a novice rider to win in a drag race. If you can beat mugs on a bike with fewer mods then the guy you're drag racing then you got something, better shifting, better holeshot, just better. plus you make that guy think he needs to waste more money on more go fast goodies.

Don't get me wrong, i love modding out my machine, but if you really wanna win with bragging rights, beat "THAT GUY" with more go fast goodies then you.... and laugh as he wants to run'em agian and agian and agian.

the best way to put it is this.....

THE SHEIT TALKING STOPS WHEN THE HAMMER DROPS!!!!

OH YEAH, I would also agree that a dyno test is only good for getting the bike to run at its peak. cause you get air/fuel, hp, and torque charts that may not be 100% but they will show the difference at that time of what happens when you tweak here and adjust there. ya dig?

did you notice any difference in numbers between the stock cdi and the vortex cdi?

REDARMYRACER
10-17-2004, 04:38 PM
did you notice any difference in numbers between the stock cdi and the vortex cdi?

unfortunately I personally haven't had her dyno'd with the cdi yet but I've heard people are getting a bit more with it. It will adjust the way the power comes on too, ie; smooth, hit hard, where the peak power will be etc...