PDA

View Full Version : rejet

YFZ450Ridr
10-14-2004, 08:09 PM
if i popped a K&N in my wheeler (Which i probablly will be shortly)i wouldnt have to rejet would i? thought i over looked something about this before but i cant remeber.

robbo1
10-24-2004, 08:59 AM
from what ive read...just put on the filter and take er out for a good rip...see if it runs okay and dont stumble on power. then take out your plug and check to see if it is white...if it is your runnin lean-hence you have to or should rejet. i put a knn on my 300 and ran it with the airbox lid on and off and with it on, i was on the ok to lean side and with it off, i needed a jet kit. they are really easy to install too. directions incl w the kit. get the dyno jet for @ 55.00. hope this helps:)

LTandRaptorider
10-24-2004, 03:08 PM
yeah, you'll need to re-jet. better airflow=lean condition... less gas. meaning you'll need to go a little bigger on the jets. Start with 1-2 sizes bigger on the main, do the checks posted above. For your pilot jet, if you need to turn the airscrew out more than 2-1/2-3 turns, time to go bigger. Turn the airscrew out(counter-clockwise) until it idles good, then just begins to stumble. Turn back in half turn to get a good idle back, that's where you should be. If that setting is 3 turns out, then go up one size on the pilot. Nominal airscrew setting should be 1-3/4-2 turns out. Start with needle clip two positions down from top. Hope this helps, not responsible for blown engines! :p

YFZ450Ridr
10-25-2004, 05:50 PM
thanks guys:)