PDA

View Full Version : Cyclopse helmet light review

Martin Blair
10-14-2004, 07:26 PM
Well I saw this in dirtwheels and do alot of night riding so I figured I would order one. I dont like handle bar lights, they can only be used for one bike, the helmet light you obviously put on your helmet and all you need is the female wire harness for 10 bucks and you can go from bike to bike with it.

It came today and I installed it on my 450. Install was easy, in dirtwheels they used the 400s rear light wires, but the 450r is led and the wire is about 26-27 gauge, not big enough for 35 watt light. So I extended the female harness so it was about 3 and half feet long. I ran it under the hood, under the tank, and it comes out right under the seat so its all hidden. The hook up was easy just connect the hot to high beam and the ground to a bolt that mouts the whole front light carrier.

When the light is on i run the cord out from under the seat and this still leaves about 6 ft of slack to standup, get off and push/pull your bike, ect. Havent had it out yet but we are going to the dunes in a week and will update everyone with pics and info on how it performs.

LazeR
10-14-2004, 09:52 PM
I have seen a few ppl at the dunes with helmet lights, they look awesome! I want a set. How much did they cost ya if you don't mind me asking ?

Martin Blair
10-14-2004, 11:11 PM
it was a lil over 100 bucks, I am going to the dunes so test it there. Be there in a week, get some pics and get back to everyone if its worth it.