PDA

View Full Version : tis the season

JUSTINcredible
10-14-2004, 06:01 PM
well its that time of the year again.. we are supposed to get our first snow showeres of the year tonight, and again on sunday. The ground is still way to warm for any to stick to the ground but still its kind of depressin knowing that this is what I have to look foreward to over the next 6 months or so..:o

Honda4trax250x
10-14-2004, 06:14 PM
farmers almanac says LI is supposed to have a bad winter, bad for some.......NOT FOR ME

pumped for the snow riding now that my friend finally got hooked up with a blaster

and ill be plowing now that i have my liscence, making money

I-7
10-14-2004, 06:29 PM
I cant wait for the snow! We should have a pretty bad winter as the farmers almanac says but it rained all summer so its probably inevitable :cool:

ny300exrider
10-14-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x
farmers almanac says LI is supposed to have a bad winter, bad for some.......NOT FOR ME

pumped for the snow riding now that my friend finally got hooked up with a blaster

and ill be plowing now that i have my liscence, making money YEAA man the almanac is saying we are supposed to get blasted this year. good for me i go plowing with my dad and bring in the cash, also theres nothing like blasting the snow covered roads at around 6 in the evening when it gets dark. a bunch of freinds riding, its so much fun. gonna be a fun winter

Honda4trax250x
10-14-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by ny300exrider
YEAA man the almanac is saying we are supposed to get blasted this year. good for me i go plowing with my dad and bring in the cash, also theres nothing like blasting the snow covered roads at around 6 in the evening when it gets dark. a bunch of freinds riding, its so much fun. gonna be a fun winter

ive prob asked u this a billion times, but where are you on LI?

JRDrider22
10-14-2004, 07:13 PM
i cant wait to ride in the snow again

bulkdriverlp
10-14-2004, 07:30 PM
snow sucks, i gotta work in it.

ny300exrider
10-14-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x
ive prob asked u this a billion times, but where are you on LI?
haha its no problem, im out east in Calverton. pretty much riverhead just a nicer area and farmlands. from what i hear they are building a riding facility next to macarther airport if it turns out to be a nice place we should go sometime.
Cant Wait For The Winter Though

400ex28
10-14-2004, 07:54 PM
I'm PUMPED! :macho

MichaelS693
10-14-2004, 09:28 PM
its STILL hot down here in the summer.. never really seen any snow.. it sucks.. but i dont mind:D

Quad18star
10-14-2004, 09:31 PM
It snowed for the first time this year about 2 weeks ago . Nothing has stayed , but with the colder weather we've been getting , it won't take long . I predict the first layer of ice on the lake to form within the next 2 weeks if the temps continue the way they are going . We're actually getting a mix of snow and rain right now . I'm watching it fall from out my window . Nothing like blasting up and down the roads when theres about 3 inches of snow . Getting the quad sideways around the corner is sooooooo fun . Often get the accidental spin out . I think it's almost time to take the snow tires out and put them on my 450 ....... sucks having to put in over 500 studs per rear wheel . Last year it took my 6 hours to do 2 rear tires . :grr:

fastmofo
10-14-2004, 09:39 PM
we got some flurries here this morning in cloquet minnesota

MY450R
10-15-2004, 07:17 AM
i hate getting up at 2am to go plow snow for 30 hours or more straight out but i love plowin the highways and getting the big buck for doing it

JUSTINcredible
10-15-2004, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by fastmofo
we got some flurries here this morning in cloquet minnesota

when i went to work at 3 this morning there was a mix, but now we are just getting rain.

the only part i like about winter is ice fishing.. even tho we hardley do any fishing at all its still fun getting a few friends and going out in the ice house all night, we dont useually get around to that tho till the ice is thick enough to drive on... just to far to walk..