PDA

View Full Version : Setup for front TCS shocks with stock rear shock

07-27-2001, 08:17 AM
I ordered front TCS shocks and for the time being, will run with the stock rear shock. I plan to convert the rear shock to TCS in the near future, but for the time being, does anyone have suggestions as to how to set up both ends of the bike to work the best? The guys at TCS said I'll have to pump some preload into the front shocks and take some out of the rear shock in order to level the ride height. Do you guys agree?

Leo
07-27-2001, 11:55 AM
The TCS shocks should lower the front, if you run the stock rear shock I think your quad will wind up a very noticeable nose down attitude....

Of course I can't bring myself to spend the $$ for a suspension upgrade at the moment, so I'm just speculating :D

Leo

07-27-2001, 12:07 PM
Yah, thats what the guys at TCS said. They said it can be corrected by adjusting the preload at both ends to even it out. The only disadvantage here is that I won't be able to take full advantage of the lowered center of gravity that TCS shocks offer. But they said they will still work fine. I guess I am concerned how the front and rear will work together on jump take offs and landings when I have a lot of preload in the front and much less in the rear.

07-27-2001, 02:22 PM
With the money you spent on front TCS shocks, I don't see how you could be happy with "they should work ok". I think it would make more sense to buy the rear shock too. Why spend on such an important item as shocks only to not get the full benefit? Just my opinion.

07-27-2001, 06:01 PM
Just back off the rear preload and take a look and a ride you should be able to gage pretty well after that. If you can't even them out then mess with the fronts. I'm heavier than my friend and his sits alot lower than mine, with his preload backed off for his weight. Can't hurt to try. Just don't jump big until you're comfortable with your setup.