PDA

View Full Version : dumb ***** debate

MY450R
10-14-2004, 11:56 AM
ya i know most of us were watching the game last night but did anyone get a glimpse of the debate
i did and i can tell you that i believe we are in trouble with these two hoolagans
btw im a redsox fan but pedro sucks and should get a hair cut

sharkinthepool
10-14-2004, 12:08 PM
Well I will not be the one to debate with you like the two fools on T.V. lastnight. I am a Yankees fan we will just leave it at that.

The debate was dumb and dumber. Those two need to get a clue and stop picking on each other!!!

MY450R
10-14-2004, 12:10 PM
im sure you agreee that pedro should get a hair cut then and that the yankees will get beat in boston

Quad18star
10-14-2004, 12:31 PM
I was flippin' back and forth between the two channels , but I was more interested in the game , since that debate was more about the USA economy instead of the war which effects everyone in the world . The parts that I did catch , were when they were talking about job creation in the USA instead of overseas . What I found funny , was that Kerry actually told the people how he would create jobs , as where Bush kept on repeating how he would improve schools and funding . He must have went back to that subject about 4 or 5 times . Seems like he would bring that subject up whenever he didn't know the answer or was trying to avoid a question . When you are asked how you will stop jobs from going overseas , I don't think a correct response is "give money to people to so they can get skills training" that was beyond the point .

The reason this one caught my attention , is because here in Canada ,and mostly in my region , there is a chinese group trying to buy a huge company here in Canada . The company is called Noranda , they they are into many divisions like forestry , mining, etc . Their biggest in the mining sector . If the chinese group decides to by this company , they are gunna mine it out of our soils and pack the ore onto ships and send it overseas to have it smelted and have all the minerals taken out of it . Doing that will result in the job loss of tens of thousands of people . Our government is trying to step in to try and stop the sale of the company , which I am glad about because they are trying to promote employment in our country .

Pappy
10-14-2004, 12:34 PM
ummm i think its time for Pappy to respond in debate fashion again:devil:

I-7
10-14-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by MY450R
im sure you agreee that pedro should get a hair cut then and that the yankees will get beat in boston

Dont forget the curse of the Bambino :o ... I think the redsocks should probably win 2 games but of course the yankees will take it away from there :D . I didnt get a chance to watch the debate but from the newspaper this morning it seemed like the editor didnt really enjoy it either

Pappy
10-14-2004, 12:59 PM
Pappy's response to Kerry:

Well it seems to me that what President Bush is trying to do is have our children obtain better levels of education so that when they enter the workforce they dont have to settle for minimum wage jobs. I guess you would rather have them on welfare and stay in the lower classes of our society?

And whats this talk of health care? if you friggon lawyers wouldnt sue the hell out of the doctor, the nurse, the hospital and the city the hospital is in, maybe we could have a touch better insurance rates. I guess the new technology that we have came free? i geuss the new drug research was free? i agree health care cost is way too high but standing there with that stupid smile telling me i can get the same health care congess has is BS! you jacklegs dont pay for crap unless you know there is a loop hole so you can get it back, just ask your running mate Edwards about his tax evasion over the last 20 years. Bush may not have a huge **** eatin smile but he damn well knows americans dont want big government. you jackazzes cant even get me thru the line to get my liscense renewed much less get my heart working right!

And your record does suck ***. You and Ted Kennedy should stay in your state and be happy because a working man has no use for you.

And before the security people haul me outta here....W...stop *****footin around and call a spade a spade. dont let this left wing nut job screw us over! Grow a set and start being a leader. The next time Kerry asks you about osamabeenhumpinacamel tell the truth...YOU WANT HIS HEAD ON A STICK ON THE WHITE HOUSE LAWN!

MY450R
10-14-2004, 01:24 PM
great post pappy i actually enjoyed reading it buy i dont want that dumb ***** coming back to mass get him the hell outa here

Quad18star
10-14-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

Well it seems to me that what President Bush is trying to do is have our children obtain better levels of education so that when they enter the workforce they dont have to settle for minimum wage jobs. I guess you would rather have them on welfare and stay in the lower classes of our society?

And whats this talk of health care? if you friggon lawyers wouldnt sue the hell out of the doctor, the nurse, the hospital and the city the hospital is in, maybe we could have a touch better insurance rates. I guess the new technology that we have came free? i geuss the new drug research was free? i agree health care cost is way too high but standing there with that stupid smile telling me i can get the same health care congess has is BS! you jacklegs dont pay for crap unless you know there is a loop hole so you can get it back, just ask your running mate Edwards about his tax evasion over the last 20 years. Bush may not have a huge **** eatin smile but he damn well knows americans dont want big government. you jackazzes cant even get me thru the line to get my liscense renewed much less get my heart working right!

And your record does suck ***. You and Ted Kennedy should stay in your state and be happy because a working man has no use for you.

And before the security people haul me outta here....W...stop *****footin around and call a spade a spade. dont let this left wing nut job screw us over! Grow a set and start being a leader. The next time Kerry asks you about osamabeenhumpinacamel tell the truth...YOU WANT HIS HEAD ON A STICK ON THE WHITE HOUSE LAWN!

ROFLMAO .:eek2:

MY450R
10-14-2004, 01:41 PM
bump

MOFO
10-14-2004, 02:25 PM

...one of many reasons why I can sit around a fire and drink a beer or 4 with ya...

:D

Rico
10-14-2004, 02:35 PM
Kerry's a ******....:o

It's that simple

I think monkeyboy and slappy our his children..:rolleyes:

his debates are a joke. He sure talks alot of chit but put in him control and he'll be cowarded down in a corner like a fuggin school girl. I could stand up there and tell the nation what I would do but putting me in the white and actually doing all the things I said. We'll that would be a different story.:p

Guy400
10-14-2004, 07:18 PM
Kerry flat out frightens me. He's proposing what is basically government run healthcare. Free-enterprise is what makes our doctor's the best in the world. The world's best hospitals are in the United States. Hospitals like Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, the Mayo Clinic in Minneapolis, Cleveland Clinic, Duke University Medical Center and tons more. People come to the U.S. from all over the world to receive medical treatment for the most serious illnesses. You don't see Americans going to Canada for medical treatment because our system is still the best. I'm not bashing all Canadian doctors because I'm sure some are very good but the best come here. Anytime you have government setting the prices on doctor visits, surgeries, etc. you're going to have a reduction in the number of skilled physicians. What is the point in going to school for 10 years, accumulating in excess of $100,000 in school debt and then go into a field where the government tells you that you can only charge a set amount for any given procedure? That would be like the government setting the price on all cars. Why would a dealer pay to sell $100k Ferrari's when he could sell Mustang's instead because the government sets the price of all cars at $50k? The fact of the matter is this, you want the best treatment? You're going to have to pay for it.

Not only will government run healthcare reduce the number of skilled physicians but it will also cost us a fortune. Kerry's healthcare plan is estimated to cost $1.5 trillion over 10 years. All of you Bush-haters are complaining because of our deficit and it is currently projected to be at $445 billion for 2005. That means, like Bush or not, in 5 years he has run the entire federal government on about $700 billion dollars (taking into account the $230 billion surplus he started with). That's $700 billion in 5 years counting an untold loss because of 9/11 and a war in Iraq and Afghanistan. For chits and giggles we'll double that cost for the same 10 year period and we're at $1.4 trillion for George Bush to operate the whole U.S. government. Now, Kerry's healthcare plan is projected to cost $1.5 trillion over 10 years!! Where do you people think he's going to get the money for this?? By taxing us! I'm not ready to have my taxes jump for a worse health coverage. And you're telling me that he's going to incite job growth in the U.S. by taxing the piss outta our large corporations to cover this healthcare plan? You increase the tax burden on companies and you've just kissed a potential job opening goodbye. Big business makes big jobs. I've never seen a poor person hire anyone.

<time to take my blood pressure medication>:grr:

JRDrider22
10-14-2004, 07:20 PM
yea i think its all b.s

i had a h.w assignment last night on it . i thought our teacher was kidding. she came out with like 10 questions in class today. had no idea what to do

bulkdriverlp
10-14-2004, 07:22 PM
if ya wanna keep ur guns vote for bush.

i am ED and i approve this message

Bad Habit
10-14-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp

I don't know why, but that literally made me laugh out loud. Nice one. :D

Big400EX
10-14-2004, 07:54 PM
http://ebiz.netopia.com/deezteez/nss-folder/onlinestore/voteforkerry_large.gif

Thats all im gunna say...

Rastus
10-14-2004, 08:58 PM
I could go on and on about this, but I'll say one thing:

I agree with Guy on this one.

I think Bush has done a good job, considering his circumstances.
He handed out the biggest tax cut, went through 9/11, and we're currently in Afghanistan and Iraq. Sure.., there is a deficit.., but you'll have that with things currently going on.

There's no doubt in my mind that Kerry would raise taxes. Kerry keeps talking about only giving the rich money.., well, the top income earners pay half of all taxes. Of course it's going to look like rich people get more money back.

Butters
10-14-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
if ya wanna keep ur guns vote for bush.

last time i checked bush was just as much for the assault rifle band as kerry was.

Butters
10-14-2004, 10:14 PM

i don't think that suing doctors is a bad thing if they messed up. after what that butcher of a doctor did what he did to my sisters arm he deserves to be sued. because his bad judgement my sister may not be able to use her arm again.

10-14-2004, 10:47 PM
Kerry also stated repeatedly that he would add 2 more divisions of men to the armed forces. The only way he could do that is by the draft. So he is either full of s**t or he is going to start the draft. He also wants to go after Korea, a nuclear power. Last I heard, not many terrorists were residing in North Korea. We are in this war because in 1994 Osama Bin Lama declared war on the Us and bombed the world trade center. (basement) He then bombed the US Cole and finally he bombed the World Trade Centers on 9-11. Iraq is a hotbead of terrorist activity. The reason the terrorists want that area so bad is for its oil producing capability. We are trying to see that the world's oil doesn't fall into terrorist hands. Finally, the last thing the terrorists want is a bunch of free people wandering around the middle east showing their potential victoms that life doesn't have to be filled with hate all the time.

MOFO
10-15-2004, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Butters
last time i checked bush was just as much for the assault rifle band as kerry was.

my ***... if Kerry could have it his way, we would NOT have guns, but taking that stance right now during an election is not very popular.... so now you hear all this bs...

...blah blah, I hunt...blah blah...

...blah, blah, I shoot guns...blah blah....

I wonder why he has to say this all the time? Could it be that everyone knows he and his party are for gun control? During the last debate, Kerry was saying how police officers ("cops", to use his words) are affraid of being confronted with assault weapons now. Well here is a little heads up!

THE FREAKIN CRIMINALS WILL NOT PURCHASE ASSUALT WEAPONS THE PROPER WAY! IF YOU BAN ASSAULT WEAPONS, GUESS WHAT?!?! THE CRIMINALS WILL STILL HAVE THEM!!!

This very idea goes along with if we make ALL guns illegal, the criminals will no longer have guns, thus eliminating all gun crime. Give me a break...all that does is prevent us from defending ourselves legally! The criminals will still have guns! You can take that to the bank!

MOFO
10-15-2004, 03:37 AM
i don't think that suing doctors is a bad thing if they messed up. after what that butcher of a doctor did what he did to my sisters arm he deserves to be sued. because his bad judgement my sister may not be able to use her arm again.

true, but President Bush's plan does NOT take away the right to sue...it only limits the amount somone can sue for. Ask ANYONE in the insurance industry... this needs to be done! My best friend owns and runs a fairly large insurance agency, he has told me many times, the biggest reason he is voting for President Bush is this very idea. If something isnt done, we WILL loose all of our good doctors due to insurance costs going way over what they can afford. It's also a VERY large reason why our health insurance costs are going so high....

Kerry's plan to the rising health care cost is to let the rediculous lawsuits continue and let the government take control of health care.... :rolleyes: yea, that really fixes the problem... *sigh*

sharkinthepool
10-15-2004, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by MY450R

There was 3 or 4 in the line up I thought needed hair cuts! But that is just me. If the Yankees get beat in boston I am done eatching baseball.:D

400exdad
10-15-2004, 06:07 AM
I'm not a baseball fan, so it was a no brainer what I was going to watch. However, I probably wouldn't post anything on here... especially bashing either candidate if I wasn't informed, and had watched the debates.

Heres the way I see it: Sure Bush would skirt some subjects. I agree with that. But do you know why? Because his answers to those questions, could possibly loose some votes. Unfortunately, there are those that are being swayed by 3 or 4, 1.5 hour debates where the used car salesman (no offense guys) are telling the consumer how great his POS is. The truth is the car he is trying to sell them is worse than the one they are already driving. Know what I mean? Every president has his problems. A vote for Bush is More of the Same. Which is good. After 9/11, the economy was in shambles and I'm sure a lot of us on here has felt the effect. In my opinion, and I think you could truly look at his record, the economy has returned to as good as it could, given the circumstances. However, a vote for Kerry is really a vote for indecisiveness. Kerry is selling things that he can't deliver. Kerry is saying whatever he has to, to get elected. Kerry contradicts himself (flip flops) within just a 1.5 hour period. Basically, he has no clue of what he would do in any given situation, and he definately would not hold to any decision he makes. Bush has held to his decision and in the end, it will prove to be the right one(s). Meanwhile, the Kerrys in the world will just go away and all you'll hear is crickets.

BTW do any of you see the "F" The President bumper stickers in your area? What kind of message does that send (especially to the ones (that have one) that have kids and what does it say about the person driving the car who may possibly be the common Kerry voter?

TC426EX
10-15-2004, 07:56 AM
You gotta be NUTS to vote to put Kerry in the Whitehouse. Its saying something if youd get a more centrist and rational candidate out of Ted Kennedy of all people than him. BOTH the senators from Mass. are total left wing nutjobs for reasons many have already stated. I am not hot on either candidate, but Ill tell you what, there is no way in hell I could go to the polls and vote kerry. I disagree with some things Bush does, such as the joke of a medicare drug plan that got passed, but bottom line is that I feel safer with bush as president, and overall he is a better candidate for my views, so thats whats important to me. John Kerry is a stiff and it turns my stomach to hear him talk.

Butters
10-16-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
my ***... if Kerry could have it his way, we would NOT have guns, but taking that stance right now during an election is not very popular.... so now you hear all this bs...

I wonder why he has to say this all the time? Could it be that everyone knows he and his party are for gun control? During the last debate, Kerry was saying how police officers ("cops", to use his words) are affraid of being confronted with assault weapons now. Well here is a little heads up!

THE FREAKIN CRIMINALS WILL NOT PURCHASE ASSUALT WEAPONS THE PROPER WAY! IF YOU BAN ASSAULT WEAPONS, GUESS WHAT?!?! THE CRIMINALS WILL STILL HAVE THEM!!!

This very idea goes along with if we make ALL guns illegal, the criminals will no longer have guns, thus eliminating all gun crime. Give me a break...all that does is prevent us from defending ourselves legally! The criminals will still have guns! You can take that to the bank!

its a friggun constitutional right they will never take guns away from us.

honda350r
10-16-2004, 08:20 PM

I am not for gun control and could give a sh it less about them!

If someone breaks into your shack with a loaded gun and wakes you from a dead sleep,who is more ready to pull the trigger?

sleepy head or adrinelin man??

Just a question ..

lukester720
10-17-2004, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
Kerry flat out frightens me. He's proposing what is basically government run healthcare. Free-enterprise is what makes our doctor's the best in the world. The world's best hospitals are in the United States. Hospitals like Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, the Mayo Clinic in Minneapolis, Cleveland Clinic, Duke University Medical Center and tons more. People come to the U.S. from all over the world to receive medical treatment for the most serious illnesses. You don't see Americans going to Canada for medical treatment because our system is still the best. I'm not bashing all Canadian doctors because I'm sure some are very good but the best come here. Anytime you have government setting the prices on doctor visits, surgeries, etc. you're going to have a reduction in the number of skilled physicians. What is the point in going to school for 10 years, accumulating in excess of $100,000 in school debt and then go into a field where the government tells you that you can only charge a set amount for any given procedure? That would be like the government setting the price on all cars. Why would a dealer pay to sell $100k Ferrari's when he could sell Mustang's instead because the government sets the price of all cars at $50k? The fact of the matter is this, you want the best treatment? You're going to have to pay for it.

Not only will government run healthcare reduce the number of skilled physicians but it will also cost us a fortune. Kerry's healthcare plan is estimated to cost $1.5 trillion over 10 years. All of you Bush-haters are complaining because of our deficit and it is currently projected to be at $445 billion for 2005. That means, like Bush or not, in 5 years he has run the entire federal government on about $700 billion dollars (taking into account the $230 billion surplus he started with). That's $700 billion in 5 years counting an untold loss because of 9/11 and a war in Iraq and Afghanistan. For chits and giggles we'll double that cost for the same 10 year period and we're at $1.4 trillion for George Bush to operate the whole U.S. government. Now, Kerry's healthcare plan is projected to cost $1.5 trillion over 10 years!! Where do you people think he's going to get the money for this?? By taxing us! I'm not ready to have my taxes jump for a worse health coverage. And you're telling me that he's going to incite job growth in the U.S. by taxing the piss outta our large corporations to cover this healthcare plan? You increase the tax burden on companies and you've just kissed a potential job opening goodbye. Big business makes big jobs. I've never seen a poor person hire anyone.

<time to take my blood pressure medication>:grr:

You know what else is funny? I heard on the radio that there has been an independant study done on the healthcare program that kerry is talking about doing and for that 1.2 trillion dollar plan he is talking about would cover less than half of the uninsured americans. Of course he claims it will cover "ALL" unemployed Americans.

And hes gonna give tax cuts? lol

Oh, and he cares about the small business too, thats why he wants to raise the minium wage I guess. :rolleyes: probably just so he can pull in more tax dollars off the extra income:mad:

lukester720
10-17-2004, 02:11 AM

Nope, if Bush was against the assult weapons ban he could have pretty much single-handedly stopped it from expiring. Pick up one of the new NRA mags and there is a whole page telling what John Kerry has said and done against guns, its pretty sad. The NRA is completely gun based and it says right one the cover to vote for Bush. There is also a interview in the same mag that they have conducted with Bush.

I just thought of this but Bush also rides mountain bikes and quads, i've even seen pics of him in magizines helping fellow riders fix tore up trails.;)

Pappy
10-17-2004, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by honda350r

If someone breaks into your shack with a loaded gun and wakes you from a dead sleep,who is more ready to pull the trigger?

Just a question ..

ive stopped 2 robberies in my life at my home. one ended in my kitchen with my 9 mm and the other ended as again, my 9mm was brought to bare on a feller intenet on stealing my truck. neither time did i have to fire a shot and both times the would be robber was armed, one with a firearm, the other with a knife.

both happened well after i was asleep in lala land and i can assure you that both times the "adrenilin" man was a tad bit surprised.

just swing by my place at say 3 am and come on in....after all ill be asleep and not in a condition to function;)

Pappy
10-17-2004, 04:10 AM
and just a bit of info.....

studies show that even a trained police officer given a shot of adrenilin to simulate a confrontation and higher level of stress showed the marksmanship was affected so badly that the majority of those tested would be almost uneffective in a "shoot no shoot" situation.

since these studies became public both the military and police officers have trained differently to minimize the affects of adreniline and stress.

now to add, i havent seen too many crackheads at the shooting range honing thier shooting skills so ill take my chances.

Guy400
10-17-2004, 05:05 AM
now to add, i havent seen too many crackheads at the shooting range honing thier shooting skills so ill take my chances. LMFAO...after reading honda350r's response I was going to hit reply and say the same thing but decided to read through the rest of the responses and I saw you beat me to it :D I don't remember ever hearing about a retired Special Op hopped up on spray paint breaking into people's homes:blah: And I dare anyone to break into my home and test my resolve. When it's pitch black in my house who better knows its layout than me? Does this nose-candied burglar also have night vision goggles? First time I hear a window break or a door get forced open at my house in the middle of the night and that dude will get a Glock 21 greeting:mad:

Pappy
10-17-2004, 05:26 AM
lol....it was nothing personal so i didnt mean to offend any would be crackheads:p

about 3 months ago, my dad (retired marine corps sniper) decided to pop in to see me at my new house. ofcourse he showed up at 5 am. my lab gave one small growl and i was on my feet, 45 in hand.

now its freakin dark where i live and i could see a person coming across my yard but no way to tell who. when he opened the door he was staring down the barrel of my 45.

he apologized and said he knew better but flat forgot i didnt take kindly to strangers that go bump in the night.

i came home a day early from a trip not so long ago, and as i walked down our hall way (2 am) i stopped cold in realization i was being targeted by my wifes 38 :eek: she had done what (key word here) was TRAINED to do. all i could see was the 38, her left arm and a small portion of her upper body. if i was a robber, rapist whatever....she had me.

properly trained a person can defend themselves. improperly trained a person with any weapon is more of a danger to themselves and thier loved ones then any crook.

Pappy
10-17-2004, 05:26 AM
lol....it was nothing personal so i didnt mean to offend any would be crackheads:p

about 3 months ago, my dad (retired marine corps sniper) decided to pop in to see me at my new house. ofcourse he showed up at 5 am. my lab gave one small growl and i was on my feet, 45 in hand.

now its freakin dark where i live and i could see a person coming across my yard but no way to tell who. when he opened the door he was staring down the barrel of my 45.

he apologized and said he knew better but flat forgot i didnt take kindly to strangers that go bump in the night.

i came home a day early from a trip not so long ago, and as i walked down our hall way (2 am) i stopped cold in realization i was being targeted by my wifes 38 :eek: she had done what (key word here) was TRAINED to do. all i could see was the 38, her left arm and a small portion of her upper body. if i was a robber, rapist whatever....she had me.

properly trained a person can defend themselves. improperly trained a person with any weapon is more of a danger to themselves and thier loved ones then any crook.

honda350r
10-17-2004, 10:34 AM
Wow !! Talk about living in a state of paranoia:eek2:

I am glad I live in a place where I don't need to sleep with a gun and pull it on every family member that comes to visit!

I feel for you guys that live with the crackheads and losers!

Thank you for giving me some insight on why it is so important to sleep with a loaded weapon!

I am going to get a gun and start sleeping with it and tell my Daughter not to come home too late cause I may point a loaded weapon at her head:eek2:

I can here her excuse know.. Dad I did not come home cause it was past my curfew and didn't want to scare you into killing me!!

Pappy
10-17-2004, 11:20 AM

and with that repeated....im glad i live in a country where i have the FREEDOM to defend myself, my family and my property.

paranoia? not hardly. maybe you meant "proper state of preparedness"

and yes, you should be glad you live where there is no crime danger to your family.

MOFO
10-17-2004, 07:34 PM

Just a question ..

nice way to change the topic and avoid the point being discussed. I could comment on your statement, but its been well covered by other members.

If you could give a "sh t" about them, why worry? :rolleyes:

More and more your points are so far in left field its actually funny. :devil:

honda350r
10-17-2004, 07:50 PM
nice way to change the topic and avoid the point being discussed. I could comment on your statement, but its been well covered by other members.

If you could give a "sh t" about them, why worry? :rolleyes:

More and more your points are so far in left field its actually funny. :devil:

I was wondering how long it would take for the third musketeer to join in..

Uh .... You did comment!

Your user name says it all !!

MOFO
10-17-2004, 07:57 PM
I was wondering how long it would take for the third musketeer to join in..

Uh .... You did comment!

Your user name says it all !!

NICE!

pretty smooth there... I guess we are in elementary school again... when the breaking point of a debate is personal attacks such as name calling. :rolleyes:

BTW, my point in the previous post you quoted was... "Does making assualt weapons illegal remove them from the hands of criminals..."then I included "does making all guns illegal remove them from the hands of criminals"....

not "is john doe qualified to defend himself with a weapon".....

honda350r
10-17-2004, 08:35 PM
NICE!

pretty smooth there... I guess we are in elementary school again... when the breaking point of a debate is personal attacks such as name calling. :rolleyes:

BTW, my point in the previous post you quoted was... "Does making assualt weapons illegal remove them from the hands of criminals..."then I included "does making all guns illegal remove them from the hands of criminals"....

not "is john doe qualified to defend himself with a weapon".....

Sorry ,I did not know that changing the subject was a horrible thing..This thread started out as DUMB***** DEBATE not gun control!!

Thanks for changing the subject !!

Pappy
10-17-2004, 08:43 PM
this is far from a debate...more like piss poor arguing.

if you want to debate (anyone in general) then do it. this my sack is bigger then yours is lame

MOFO
10-17-2004, 08:52 PM
Sorry ,I did not know that changing the subject was a horrible thing..This thread started out as DUMB***** DEBATE not gun control!!

Thanks for changing the subject !!

actually if you watched the "dumbass debate", you would know that this very topic of "gun control/assualt weapons ban" was part of the so called "dumbass debate"... and I dont remember hearing any of your points being mentioned.

so I ask, where does your point fall into this topic? You clearly stated you are not for gun control, but yet make a crazy example of why people should not own guns. Did we just witness a flip flop? So what is your stance? Should people be allowed to own guns or not? If so, do you believe the gov't should step in and tell us how and when we can use our guns...when its for sport, hobby or personal defense? Do our current laws work, or should be create more?

ah, you know what... you "could give a sh it less about them" so dont worry about it. I think your more facinated with my "internet" name on an ATV website. LMFAO!
:rolleyes:

honda350r
10-17-2004, 10:05 PM
I am sorry for making you write a book tonight! Let's be internet friends! :eek2:

yamblaster200
10-18-2004, 02:56 AM
all i have to say on this subject is this....i'm voting for kerry. I won't let the wedge issues the republicans come up with sway me from voting bush out. (wedge issues...abortion, gun control, same-sex marriage) things you really only hear about at election time. Bush is against abortion, had republican majorities in congress, and was president for 4 yrs. Abortion is still legal. Even if kerry wanted to ban all guns, you really believe he'd be able to do it on his own. I personally do not need to own an ak47 or a m16, i have 2 shotguns, a .22 and a 30-30. If i need my gun cuz someone broke in my house they would do just fine. The point is the economy is in shambles and mostly thanks to bush's encouraging jobs to go overseas, (watched bush on tv about a year or 2 ago trying to say that it was a good thing) republicans are against unions. people are making less money now, and there are less jobs. Then bush wants to bring mexicans over to take even more jobs. The health insurance thing, i agree people sue over nothing. However, 90% of malpractice suits are against 5% of doctors. They are simply bad doctors. It is illegal, yes illegal to find out if your doctor has been sued for malpractice in the past. If we got rid of the bad doctors the malpractice insurance would go down. Kerry's plan also will hurt lawyers that produce frivilous lawsuits. If a lawyer loses a frivilous lawsuit, they would have to pay out of their pocket the court fees, and if they lose 3 they would be disbarred. (no longer allowed to practice law.) There is a lot more i could say, but let me finish with this. I'm not voting for john kerry, im voting against bush. I wouldn't care who was running against bush, it just happens to be kerry, and we need to get rid of bush b4 he screws things up beyond repair.

Pappy
10-18-2004, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by yamblaster200
all i have to say on this subject is this....i'm voting for kerry. I won't let the wedge issues the republicans come up with sway me from voting bush out. (wedge issues...abortion, gun control, same-sex marriage) things you really only hear about at election time. Bush is against abortion, had republican majorities in congress, and was president for 4 yrs. Abortion is still legal. Even if kerry wanted to ban all guns, you really believe he'd be able to do it on his own. I personally do not need to own an ak47 or a m16, i have 2 shotguns, a .22 and a 30-30. If i need my gun cuz someone broke in my house they would do just fine. The point is the economy is in shambles and mostly thanks to bush's encouraging jobs to go overseas, (watched bush on tv about a year or 2 ago trying to say that it was a good thing) republicans are against unions. people are making less money now, and there are less jobs. Then bush wants to bring mexicans over to take even more jobs. The health insurance thing, i agree people sue over nothing. However, 90% of malpractice suits are against 5% of doctors. They are simply bad doctors. It is illegal, yes illegal to find out if your doctor has been sued for malpractice in the past. If we got rid of the bad doctors the malpractice insurance would go down. Kerry's plan also will hurt lawyers that produce frivilous lawsuits. If a lawyer loses a frivilous lawsuit, they would have to pay out of their pocket the court fees, and if they lose 3 they would be disbarred. (no longer allowed to practice law.) There is a lot more i could say, but let me finish with this. I'm not voting for john kerry, im voting against bush. I wouldn't care who was running against bush, it just happens to be kerry, and we need to get rid of bush b4 he screws things up beyond repair.

excellent way to post your views...

id like to rebut stating that the economy is on the upswing after it was heading for a recession that was sparked by mis managements while clinton was in office. president bush's tax cuts helped revive the economy. kerry wants to remove that tax cut and spend the money on what he feels is his "plan" which will still put another 2 billion on top of what the government will get if the tax cut is repealed.

the 5% of doctors figure maybe true, but the number of astronomical lawsuits affect us all. you could be correct that these are bad doctors, however the lawsuits cost more then just that doctor and we all pay for it. simply dismissing the fact that a bad doctor or two isnt exactly a promising stance on this issue either as i view it.

as far as "out sourcing" goes, the majority of jobs being lost are in manufacturing and its of my opinion that the unions are the leading cause. pressure from the unions has made it un profitable for a large firm to remain competitive in the USA and retain the workforce promoted by the unions. american consumers also have a choice to "buy american" but prefer not too on most purchases.

migrant mexican workers, or mexican workers in general do most of the labor intensive work in this country that the average american doesnt want to do or wont do. the last time i passed a construction zone i saw 1 black guy in a shirt and tie while 20 mexican laborers shoveled asphalt. this issue isnt a result of president bush or his policys, its been building since the early 80's thru both rebublican and democrat administrations.

the firearms issue is one that still cracks me up. i geuss it depends on how you interpret the constitution. i dont have daily need for an AK-47 or an AR 15 but i am resolute in the fact that under the constitution i am granted that right and i exercise it. it alarms me that so many americans are willing to allow our rights to be brushed aside.

400exdad
10-18-2004, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by yamblaster200
I wouldn't care who was running against bush, it just happens to be kerry, and we need to get rid of bush b4 he screws things up beyond repair.

By voting in Kerry, that is exactly what you will have. You cannot have a leader that does not know how to make a decision. Kerry is just that. He flip flops with an hour and a half... can you imagine what it would be like for 4 years?

With Bush you can see what he has done and where he stands. He is against partial birth abortion and lives in the real world and knows that there is a time and place for abortion, but that line is very hazy and different from religion to religion and person to person. But at least he is taking a stand on the issue. And stem cell research: There is a reason that we should not clone or try to be creators. Given an inch, the scientists would take a mile and before you know it would be engineering babies to be "perfect".

Regarding malpractice reform, get real! Do you really think Edwards will go against the thing that made him a wealthy man? No way. That guy is a snake in every sense of the word.

Finally, Kerry..... He should have been hanged for treason and as a traitor 20 years ago.

Finally II, Tereas Heinz... She could probably make Hillary look like a girlscout. She is involved with so many leftists, I mean wayyyyy leftists groups it would make your head spin. By voting in Kerry, you will give those groups a foot in the door at the Whitehouse. Some of those groups can and will effect the places you ride. You do ride don't you?

10-19-2004, 11:20 PM
I'm not voting for john kerry, im voting against bush. I wouldn't care who was running against bush, it just happens to be kerry, and we need to get rid of bush b4 he screws things up beyond repair.

Ok lets address some of your concerns. First of all you are voting to close down much of the land we ride on so sell your quad and get off this site. Second, you said that Bush wanted to bring in illegal aliens to do our work for us. You have mixed up your candidates , Kerry wants to open the bparders to Mexico and give health care and licenses to illegeal aliens and potential terrorists. 3rd you say that Bush is at fault for the economy. I say that when Grey Davis the liberal governor of California drove the 5th largest economy on the planet into the ground. HE RUINED THE ECONOMY OF AMERICA. California does more commerce than nearly all the other states put together! When a republican was running this state (Wilson) there was a 4 billion dollar surplus. When the libs took over they ran up a 37 billion dollar deficit! Finally all Kerry ever offers is "I have a plan that will fix whatever" He never discusses any details of his plans. It is unfortunate that people like you are so easily fooled by liberal rethoric. :macho