View Full Version : riding spot in central Alabama

PBlackmon
10-14-2004, 10:38 AM
Me and my racing buddy have found an awesome spot in jemison, Alabama. It is located on Co. Rd. 42 right off Hwy. 145. Nice hills, jumps, and trails.

Scro
10-14-2004, 12:50 PM
nice...im from north alabama near florence...how big is this place? and how far would it be from huntville?

PBlackmon
10-14-2004, 01:05 PM
i'm not sure exactly how far it is from huntsville, but you head south on I-65 until you come to the first Clanton exit. there will be a big peach on your right. Turn left onto Hwy. 145. Keep straight on 145 until you reach couny road 42. Turn left on 42. It is the immediate right. (gated dirt road). If you happen to see a blue Warrior and a red 400ex, don't be afraid to stop and talk. Have fun

Scro
10-14-2004, 02:33 PM
aright let me ask you this....it would be about an hour or hour and a half trip...is this place big enough to travel that far? I mean what all is there...lots of trails or what?

alabama400ex
10-14-2004, 03:16 PM
Im from Columbiana (bout 20 mi from jemison) there are a few places to ride up there. What kind of place are you talking about in Jemison. I know there is a nice place in Mapelsville, that is kind of close to Jemison. What do you ride?

BrandonBlackmon
10-14-2004, 06:22 PM
The place where he is talking about here in this post is off Hwy. 145. It is fun because of powerline trails, few jumps, and trails, but if you are driving from the Huntsville area I would highly suggest you making a trip to Minooka Park. There are a huge number of trails, hills, and other fun things to ride there. There are also a large number of people who ride there and it is just awesome to hang around and see what other people are sporting around.

BrandonBlackmon
10-14-2004, 06:48 PM
It is located between Calera and Jemison right off of Hwy. 31. I think the road number is 146, but not for sure.

MuddinBrute
09-11-2005, 03:01 PM
You guys talking about Six Mile ( randolph, Jemison line) or Mulberry (Maplesville). If its Six Mile, I live right by Six Mile and go there a couple times each week. Great place. I even have a website about it. Here is the link:

www.freewebs.com/muddinbrute