PDA

View Full Version : shipping motor

04-13-2002, 09:33 AM
When you shipped your motor how did you pack it. What kind of stuff did you put inside the package. I am going to ship it to a engine builder. not sure yet who though. but I will on monday know.

BigGun400EX
04-13-2002, 09:50 AM
I don't know exactly what they do but when we do it around he we take it to tha place that's gonna ship it and tell em to crate it. They take care of everything, if they don't do that there ask a dealer.

Lil90man!!
04-13-2002, 10:31 AM
Well i know if ya look on profab's website they say get a rubbermaid box ya know one of them big plastic containers drill holes in the lid and use zip ties to keep the lid on not sure what you would put in it to keep it from bouncing around?

NJ300ex
04-13-2002, 10:33 AM
Go get yourself a gig rubbermaid tub. A real big one. Then go to someplace like the salvation army or goodwill and get some old blankets. Put blankets around the whole engine especially on the bottom. Make sure you put some on the sides also. Then drill holes in the lid and in the actual tub and put a bunch of zip ties through it. This should be really secure. If you don't want to do it this way just make sure you use a packing material that isn't really messy or can be crushed. Some things not to use are stirofoam packing peanuts and bubblewrap.

ChadEXer
04-15-2002, 09:18 AM
I called Tom before I shipped my motor to him and this is what he said do: Put it in a Rubbermaid "roughneck" container, I got mine from Wal mart. Put about 2-3 inched of cardboard in the bottom then maybe some newspaper or somethin and set your motor in it!! Also put cardboard and newspaper around the sides of the container. put enough so that if its thrown off a 3 ft deck it wont get hurt!! because they WILL do that!!!
If your going to ship your whole motor get ready to dish out some cash. it cost me a little over $150 to ship mine Fed EX. Try UPS I think they might have been cheaper!!!
Call your builder and see what all he needs and just send them those parts!!!

ChadEXer
04-15-2002, 09:20 AM
the roughneck container doesnt look big enough, but it is!! you dont really need a big one!!
its like 2 1/2ft X 4ft