PDA

View Full Version : does white brothers still make the r4 pipe

muddy400EX
10-13-2004, 08:25 PM
just wonderin if they still make it and if they do does any body have them to tell me if there good, like in sound and power. i had e-series on my last 400 and liked it but wanna try sumtin different this time.

fmf400ex03
10-13-2004, 09:26 PM
nope they dont i run fmf ti 4 and love it that r4 was junk thats like a down grade from the e or u can get hmf like every 1 else on this site

cals400ex
10-13-2004, 11:19 PM
i have an R4 for sale if you want it. this pipe seems similar to the pro circuits. PM me if your interested.

UglyMotha™
10-14-2004, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by fmf400ex03
nope they dont i run fmf ti 4 and love it that r4 was junk thats like a down grade from the e or u can get hmf like every 1 else on this site

WOW! everyone needs to take advice from this guy cause he KNOWS is stuff, actually you would have probably sounded more intellegent if you had just kept your 2 cents to yourself :rolleyes:

muddy400EX
10-14-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by cals400ex
i have an R4 for sale if you want it. this pipe seems similar to the pro circuits. PM me if your interested.

sent you a pm

I-7
10-14-2004, 04:55 PM

That almost made sense... but still it didnt... so you buy your pipes according to what other people dont have? Does that make you special?

fmf400ex03
10-15-2004, 05:21 PM
You all buy what other people have, o this is good gains blah blah blah. If it’s the best pipe y doesn’t u see every racer using 1? I don’t see any national champs winning with that thing. I have seen many with the ti 4 on bikes and quads but not with hmf wonder y I have been on this site long enough and I now my **** pretty well considering I am a mechanic and rebuild 4strokes for a little money on the side but any way it all goes with flows 1 kid ses hey me and these 4 other kids beet these kids with other stuff than we have all day and every 1 is like omg those parts are sick I want that and then a year later they want what these other kids have because now that’s better because he beets all these other kids with that old thing. its crap and all talk watch the race scene race with they got like if u want mx see what there running if u want xc watch them and see what they got guarantee its the best but its not as expensive as you might think. I have the ti 4 haven’t had 1 single little problem with it and I have ran the same pipe for 2 years and I still even have about a year or more left on the packing, it doesn’t leak I have no special gaskets its a little quieter and it keeps up with a quad that has the equal stuff with the hmf and u can switch riders mine came on top, we even switched pipes on machines and ran same jets and all and the ti 4 came out on top. But no 1 on here would ever know that because they all have the same thing. I’m just trying to push this pipe because its one of the best from what I have experienced and the 2 local atv shops have found because I suggested it and had such a phenomenal out come with it. Like I said before it has no problems, E-series cracks, hmf leaks unless u have a crush gasket or silicon it so u pay less but have to put more into it to get a good life span out of it and to make it work right.

cals400ex
10-15-2004, 06:42 PM
You all buy what other people have, o this is good gains blah blah blah. If it’s the best pipe y doesn’t u see every racer using 1? I don’t see any national champs winning with that thing. I have seen many with the ti 4 on bikes and quads but not with hmf wonder y I have been on this site long enough and I now my **** pretty well considering I am a mechanic and rebuild 4strokes for a little money on the side but any way it all goes with flows 1 kid ses hey me and these 4 other kids beet these kids with other stuff than we have all day and every 1 is like omg those parts are sick I want that and then a year later they want what these other kids have because now that’s better because he beets all these other kids with that old thing. its crap and all talk watch the race scene race with they got like if u want mx see what there running if u want xc watch them and see what they got guarantee its the best but its not as expensive as you might think. I have the ti 4 haven’t had 1 single little problem with it and I have ran the same pipe for 2 years and I still even have about a year or more left on the packing, it doesn’t leak I have no special gaskets its a little quieter and it keeps up with a quad that has the equal stuff with the hmf and u can switch riders mine came on top, we even switched pipes on machines and ran same jets and all and the ti 4 came out on top. But no 1 on here would ever know that because they all have the same thing. I’m just trying to push this pipe because its one of the best from what I have experienced and the 2 local atv shops have found because I suggested it and had such a phenomenal out come with it. Like I said before it has no problems, E-series cracks, hmf leaks unless u have a crush gasket or silicon it so u pay less but have to put more into it to get a good life span out of it and to make it work right.

i am with the other guys too. also, with any pipe you are supposed to leave the crush gaskets in. if they are leaking at the header/silencer connection, why don't you run the stock exhaust gasket that goes there?? we did this on WB's and big gun pipes. it is a nice snug fit like it should be then.

talking about racers using certain brands of pipes. :huh why don't you call up a few of the top engine builders around and see how many recommend fmf. you may be surprised.

muddy400EX
10-15-2004, 06:43 PM
ok, so since tim farr runs a dg pipe that means dg is the best:huh and i wouldnt buy a ti4 because there to expensive. most people on this site dont race as a pro so they buy a good pipe thats affordable. and you sound like an azzhole

Kennethyfz450
10-16-2004, 10:36 AM
To answer your question white brothers still makes the R4.
www.rockymountainatv.com - they have it listed..

but go to the sponser sites:) i just knew where to look on that site.. :cool:

as far as fmf , around 5 years ago fmf and dg was top dog pipes :huh that is what everyone talked about... :confused:

fmf has their repetuation in the 2 stroke department

but i love their powerbomb header it made huge improvements with the z400 and the 400ex .....

i was going to get a powerbomb header for my yfz with another slip on but i got the LRD and you dont see that around the forums to much :D

so im not like everyone else..:D :D

bigbadktm
10-16-2004, 11:34 AM
yup still make the r4 pipe and silencer. under $300 from a shop down the street from me. he is one of a very few dealers licensed to sell this exhaust.

as far as fmf goes....they're crap, they break, bad service, and im sure i could go on. i run the e series s-bend on mine, and it sounds and performs great.

muddy400EX
10-16-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Kennethyfz450
To answer your question white brothers still makes the R4.
www.rockymountainatv.com - they have it listed..

but go to the sponser sites:) i just knew where to look on that site.. :cool:

as far as fmf , around 5 years ago fmf and dg was top dog pipes :huh that is what everyone talked about... :confused:

fmf has their repetuation in the 2 stroke department

but i love their powerbomb header it made huge improvements with the z400 and the 400ex .....

i was going to get a powerbomb header for my yfz with another slip on but i got the LRD and you dont see that around the forums to much :D

so im not like everyone else..:D :D

i dont see it:confused:

Humdinger4u
10-16-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
just wonderin if they still make it and if they do does any body have them to tell me if there good, like in sound and power. i had e-series on my last 400 and liked it but wanna try sumtin different this time.

I just bought my R4 pipe and header off ebay. If you really want one contact this eaby seller califatvs(karsplus@sbcglobal.net), they might have another one?? This is where I bought mine and LOVE it!!! Great sound too!

Michael

Humdinger4u
10-16-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX

I believe that they're not being made anymore. I called WB and they told me they have been discontinued.

Michael

Kennethyfz450
10-16-2004, 05:37 PM
its in my catolog they sent me???

i think its a brand new catolog .. the cover has been riped off so i cant tell you the date but im sure its updated i just got it 2 months ago???:confused:
its in their , i dont see why its not on their website..

thats sad i really did like the r4 to i thought it looked good..

bigbadktm
10-16-2004, 09:56 PM
it in fact has not been discontinued, but only being sold to certain retailers. the guy selling them on ebay is the shop down the road from me. the new name plates have CMC on the bottom, because he is the authorized retailer of them. California Motorsports Center. its a great shop, excellent guy to deal with, and there are plenty to go around. the guy knows his stuff so hit him up. atvrent.com

UglyMotha™
10-18-2004, 07:40 AM
you guys are all smoking crack:huh specially the dude that thinks the fmf pipe is the crap, first of all you sound like you know absolutly know nothing and i wouldn't let you wrench on my bike even if you payed me to i can't seem to figure out how you ever became a mechanic that is if your even one, further more bill balance runs a hmf............ nuff said :o

and for the rest of you, white brother DOES NOT make the r4 any longer, and if you find anyplace that sells them they are just leftovers, i run the pro meg r4 and have been in contact with white brothers for the past couple weeks trying to get replacment parts for it and there having to custom fab everything because they no longer make the pipe and have no stocked replacment parts

MY450R
10-18-2004, 11:09 AM
i agree that fmf is great and i ran e-series also
fmf a lot more low end e series more top end all in all i like fmf better i dont know bout hmf

bigbadktm
10-18-2004, 05:48 PM
look here (www.atvrent.com)

did you even look at the website. give the guy a call, has em in stock, and can answer all your questions. and FMF IS CRAP, not "the crap"

damn arrogant people "i know everything"

UglyMotha™
10-19-2004, 07:19 AM
are you as illiterate as your making yourself look can you not read or what yes there are r4's laying around but there not in production anymore here's the number to white brothers why don't you just call them up yourself yah retard 1-888-926-7337 :huh :rolleyes:

MadMax27
10-19-2004, 02:50 PM
I ask about pipe opinions too, but I take the answers as a guideline, like a survey, and make my own assumptions, I like FMF they have always helped me. Yes, some of their lower end products are a little lack-luster, but overall I like em. Im not puttin one on my 400, when the T4 comes off. Ive seen/ rode 2 4 hundys w/ HMF, good power, waaay loud, I do not race. So this is an unwanted trait in a pipe for me. My T4 is more throaty than a slip-on HMF, but the HMF made more top-end, IMO. Its all preference. Wallet size. Sound level, Appearance, Power...... Ask yourself what type of riding do you do? Then go from their. My neighbor spent Huge dollar signs on his Full LRD. Its useless, he doesnt race, he's not using the full potential of the pipe when trail riding. So why did he buy it? " Oh, thats the most power making pipe" Yeah, top end. Ever see anyone in 5th pinned in a mud hole, or through old thick woods? Just my shoddy 2 cents:D

Rootar
10-19-2004, 08:59 PM
i like my R-4

LIL440EX
10-19-2004, 10:54 PM
ya there nice and they sill do but chm racing pipe is a white brothers and a big gun combined thats wha i have and its bad azzzz

UglyMotha™
10-20-2004, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by LIL440EX
ya there nice and they sill do but chm racing pipe is a white brothers and a big gun combined thats wha i have and its bad azzzz

:huh i couldn't even translate it

MY450R
10-20-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by MadMax27
I ask about pipe opinions too, but I take the answers as a guideline, like a survey, and make my own assumptions, I like FMF they have always helped me. Yes, some of their lower end products are a little lack-luster, but overall I like em. Im not puttin one on my 400, when the T4 comes off. Ive seen/ rode 2 4 hundys w/ HMF, good power, waaay loud, I do not race. So this is an unwanted trait in a pipe for me. My T4 is more throaty than a slip-on HMF, but the HMF made more top-end, IMO. Its all preference. Wallet size. Sound level, Appearance, Power...... Ask yourself what type of riding do you do? Then go from their. My neighbor spent Huge dollar signs on his Full LRD. Its useless, he doesnt race, he's not using the full potential of the pipe when trail riding. So why did he buy it? " Oh, thats the most power making pipe" Yeah, top end. Ever see anyone in 5th pinned in a mud hole, or through old thick woods? Just my shoddy 2 cents:D
ppl get pipes for more power.whether they race or not
example:going thru the woods and uh oh there is a huge mud puddle
try to wheelie over it with a stock pipe and it may not work,try to do the sAme thing with an after market pipe and you would wheelie right over it

MY450R
10-20-2004, 10:40 AM
btw fmf is not crap so stfu.you obviously dont have a frickin clue moron

UglyMotha™
10-20-2004, 11:21 AM
wellllll........... FMF is CRAP :o

muddy400EX
10-20-2004, 05:47 PM
does the r4 sound like the t4? cuz i heard a t4 today and it sounded GOOD

Humdinger4u
10-20-2004, 08:11 PM
An R4 sounds very close to a T4. I like mine a lot!!! It's a good pipe if you can find one still?

Michael

TORO1968
10-21-2004, 03:32 PM
People around here need to grow up and also learn some proper grammar. This kind of thread is ridiculous and makes many of you look like complete idiots... :rolleyes:

Each pipe has pros and cons. Why not list your true opinions on which pipe you have or prefer? That way, people can make their own judgements.

-Jordan

muddy400EX
10-21-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by TORO1968
People around here need to grow up and also learn some proper grammar. This kind of thread is ridiculous and makes many of you look like complete idiots... :rolleyes:

Each pipe has pros and cons. Why not list your true opinions on which pipe you have or prefer? That way, people can make their own judgements.

-Jordan

what the ***s your problem

airheadedduner
10-22-2004, 10:02 AM
The R4 was replaced by the aluminuim race series. I talked to my WB rep and am doing some double checking but I think the Race, and carbon pro might match up to a pro meg header.

The FMF ti is crap. We have had one for a 250F hanging on the wall for a very long time(and we sell lots of 250f's and lots of 250f pipes). The Yosh TRS ti system is much nicer. Thats what most guys around here run on there bikes. All the guys that run the T4 are just using the can cause it looks good:rolleyes:

bigbadktm
10-22-2004, 09:58 PM
i say that fmf is crap because i own one on my ktm, and it broke. the design is crap, and the only thing thats nice was the look. it broke within a year, and look up some shhot outs, read about fmf not donating a exhaust, and all of em being broke....CRAP