PDA

View Full Version : power...

Krazy Kid
10-13-2004, 06:54 PM
i have a 2000 yz 125....i have this prob jumping this 45-50 foot double....if i dont hit it in the powerband then my front wheel lands on the landing and i case it...if i do then i over shoot it by like 10 feet....hits bike it is pretty fast so im not worried about top end...so i am wondering if i gear it down so i have more bottem end...should i be able to jump this, as well as some bigger things as well?? thanks

frogburner
10-13-2004, 07:01 PM
UH,,, this site is pretty much all Honda ATV's.. you should prolly try out bluetraxx.com thats all yamaha stuff....

TheFontMaster
10-13-2004, 07:29 PM
I would say get a pipe that would give you more mid range power. I have never heard of this problem before.

10-13-2004, 07:32 PM
i think he already has a pipe becuase it says pro circuit in his sig;)

TheFontMaster
10-13-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by sEX
i think he already has a pipe becuase it says pro circuit in his sig;)

Mabey a pipe that os more focused on mid range.

I-7
10-13-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Krazy Kid
i have a 2000 yz 125....i have this prob jumping this 45-50 foot double....if i dont hit it in the powerband then my front wheel lands on the landing and i case it...if i do then i over shoot it by like 10 feet....hits bike it is pretty fast so im not worried about top end...so i am wondering if i gear it down so i have more bottem end...should i be able to jump this, as well as some bigger things as well?? thanks

Umn maybe try a different gear to hit it in... you have to use the clutch to keep the rpms up... race bikes clutches arent meant to change gears... the pro racers shift without using the clutch and they just use the clutch to gain their rpms in turns and jumps so they dont have to constantly change gears.... it just takes practice but nothing is wrong with your bike.

velocityatv
10-13-2004, 08:10 PM
learn to preload!!!! especially on a bike, thats what clean jumps are all about. if you come up short on speed preload the suspension before you hit the face, that way you make sure you cleanly land it. it takes some practice and will feel a little wierd at first but thats what you need to do.

fmf400ex03
10-13-2004, 09:16 PM
easy fix let of about 1 foot or so before u actually go off so like u go up the jump then hit the throttle hard and go off let off a lil before u actually go off of just hit the next gear and give it alil more in the air to bring that tire up so hit the jump in what everu do so lets say 3rd as soon asyou in the air hit4th and give it some power that nose will pick up a bit and you'll make it aint easy but thats how ya can do it

sickmojave
10-14-2004, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by frogburner
UH,,, this site is pretty much all Honda ATV's.. you should prolly try out bluetraxx.com thats all yamaha stuff....

WHY??? who cares what he rides? most of us would try and help nomatter what he rides. ;) DON'T BE HATIN. :p

I-7
10-14-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by fmf400ex03
easy fix let of about 1 foot or so before u actually go off so like u go up the jump then hit the throttle hard and go off let off a lil before u actually go off of just hit the next gear and give it alil more in the air to bring that tire up so hit the jump in what everu do so lets say 3rd as soon asyou in the air hit4th and give it some power that nose will pick up a bit and you'll make it aint easy but thats how ya can do it

That didnt really make any sense at all but its really bad to give it alot of gas on the lip because then your tire is spinning up the ramp and when your front tire goes off, your back tire is still spinning and youll be going into a major nose dive or going sideways... just learn to feather the clutch... around the turns have your hand on the clutch and the clutch right where the power starts to hit and just give it gas so your always in the powerband range...

I have a 2000 yz125 also and in 2001 they did major engine changes in it so the bottom end is horrible... you just have to have really good clutch control to be a good rider on it.. hope that helps

frogburner
10-14-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by sickmojave
WHY??? who cares what he rides? most of us would try and help nomatter what he rides. ;) DON'T BE HATIN. :p

Bluetraxx is stricly Yamaha, Dont You think They could answer the question alot better than all us just guessing... I'm not hatin either, I'm just saying,,, Bluetraxx is Yamaha... He would have lot better results..