bulkdriverlp
10-13-2004, 06:33 PM
well does it freeze or not i think it does.lol

I-7
10-13-2004, 06:34 PM
Well I guess eventually??

Quad18star
10-13-2004, 06:43 PM
Sure anti-freeze will freeze .... depending on what it's rated for . It'll also boil over . You can get some anti-freeze thats good to -20 or some that good till -50 .

Also depends at the ratio its mixed at .

10-13-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Sure anti-freeze will freeze .... depending on what it's rated for . It'll also boil over . You can get some anti-freeze thats good to -20 or some that good till -50 .

That is exactly correct.

sickmojave
10-13-2004, 06:49 PM

sounds good to me. I figured someone from Canada would know.;)

kicken250x
10-13-2004, 06:50 PM
EVERYTHING freezes. at absolute 0 everything is frozen. its like -200 and some odd degrees kelvin. everything is frozen solid at absolute 0. its supposed to imposible to reach because they cant build anything to hold tempratures that low but they have gotten pretty damn close.

yep...i learned that on the discovery channel...

Quad18star
10-13-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by sickmojave
sounds good to me. I figured someone from Canada would know.;)

Yeah .... I deal with -40 more often than none during the winter . We actually just changed all the anti-freeze in all our vehicules because the temps have started to dip below 0 degrees celcius ( freezing point) . Almost time to start plugging the cars in or else they wont start in the mornings .

JUSTINcredible
10-13-2004, 07:05 PM
yeah were supposed to get our first snow showers of the season tomorrow night... i learned today that on an average year we have 120 days per year with atleast in inch of snow on the ground... thos days arent to far away anymore.

SGA
10-13-2004, 07:09 PM
Did you know that Antarctica has the coldest average annual temperatures, and the lowest temperature ever recorded on earth -89.2 °C (-129 °F) was at Vostok on July 21, 1983.

This tells about Absolute Zero. Pretty good article
http://www.pa.msu.edu/~sciencet/ask_st/012992.html

SGA
10-13-2004, 07:19 PM
I pulled the current weather report for the place that had the world record cold temp. This IS a cold place!
http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/89606.html#

400exrules
10-13-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by JUSTINcredible
yeah were supposed to get our first snow showers of the season tomorrow night... i learned today that on an average year we have 120 days per year with atleast in inch of snow on the ground... thos days arent to far away anymore.

lmfao we have about 2 days of about an inch of snow ALL YEAR!!!

lmfao

:( it sucks, i want more snow

user101
10-13-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
lmfao we have about 2 days of about an inch of snow ALL YEAR!!!

lmfao

:( it sucks, i want more snow

and the rest is just rain which freezes on the roads

bulkdriverlp
10-13-2004, 08:11 PM

Also depends at the ratio its mixed at . ahh thats right, you wont believe the arguments ive gotten into with people told me that it doesnt freeze. they spit on themselves arguing. pure anit-freeze will freeze solid until it is mixed with water which makes the chemical reaction, thus makes it not freeze!!!

Quad18star
10-13-2004, 08:40 PM
It snowed for the first time this season about 2 weeks ago . All this week , the temps have gone below freezing every night . It won't be long until the first layer of ice starts to form on the lakes . Winters in my area usually last from late October to about mid May .

The company I work for does some of the most critical torture tests on products that we sell . We have supplied many snowmobile parts and winter clothing to the people that run the monitoring station in Antarctica . If you REALLY wanna know if a product works , you send it there . If it survives -89 celcius , it will sure as hell survive -15 celcius .

310Rduner
10-13-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by kicken250x
EVERYTHING freezes. at absolute 0 everything is frozen. its like -200 and some odd degrees kelvin. everything is frozen solid at absolute 0. its supposed to imposible to reach because they cant build anything to hold tempratures that low but they have gotten pretty damn close.

yep...i learned that on the discovery channel...

Ummm..... Kelvin starts at the theoretical absolute zero.