PDA

View Full Version : axle help

ridered711
10-13-2004, 03:57 PM
i was wondering if i got a wider axle for my 400ex like an adjustable one would it be ok with the stock a arms with stability... or would i like tip over more

47501exracer
10-13-2004, 04:13 PM
You'll be ok. I have a 2+2 durablue on mine but now it is at +2 cause I race XC. I have stock a-arms on now.

ridered711
10-13-2004, 05:06 PM
ok thanx anyone else hellp me.??

zfire_28
10-14-2004, 01:31 AM
Is your stock axle bent or anything wrong with it? If not I would leave it alone. I put my stock axle through HELL before i finally bent it. I replaced it with a LSR 2+2 axle and bent it the first week I had it on:( .
As far as you possibly not liking the extra width in the rear of your bike, you could always put the rims on backwards to reverse the offset and narrow it back to your stock width. (As long as you don't mind putting air in your tires from the inside of the rim)

nemesis
10-14-2004, 11:33 AM
You can have any rim flipped, block off the valve stem, drill one on the other side, and ride it. I wouldn't say to do that to the rear. If you flip your front around it will be 1+4 which will make the front 3" wider on each side. I just bought new front rims to do it but I am going to have my stocks re-drilled and flipped.
Hope this helps.

zfire_28
10-14-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by nemesis
You can have any rim flipped, block off the valve stem, drill one on the other side, and ride it. I wouldn't say to do that to the rear. If you flip your front around it will be 1+4 which will make the front 3" wider on each side. I just bought new front rims to do it but I am going to have my stocks re-drilled and flipped.
Hope this helps.

turning your fronts around will create bump steer from hell, and is really not a great idea, a steering stabilizer might help some, but I don't recomend it.

flipping your rears after adding a wider axle will not harm anything, but would only be smart if your looking to keep your bike narrow.

;)