PDA

View Full Version : How do you get tires off rim when they were sawed off

bcjet
10-13-2004, 02:05 PM
I bought a used set of 400ex rims. The tires were cut off and the bead is still in the bead lock with about 3 inches of tire left on each side of each rim. How do I get the rest of the tire off the rim?

They were shipped to me this way.

Thanks BC:grr:

2001Toomey
10-13-2004, 03:21 PM
If you have a dremel or something, get a little cutting wheel for it, and finish off the bead. There's like 20 little wires that form the bead and you have to cut them off that way.

That's what I did with my Blaster's tires, I cut them off, and slowly cut all the wires. It took a while, but I didn't pay for a bead braker or for some shop to do it. Around here, the best price we could find was $15 a peice. :confused:

bcjet
10-14-2004, 04:19 AM
Thanks I guess I will have to buy a dremel.

See ya Bc

khen
10-14-2004, 01:22 PM
If you don't have a dremel you can also stick a big flathead screwdriver under the wires(individually) and either twist the screwdriver or pry the screwdriver up on the rim to break each wire. I did it that way once.

brad_man_72
10-15-2004, 01:08 PM
i just lay my wheels on the ground and run my truck tire over the atv tire to break the bead, prolly wont work if theirs not much tire

bcjet
10-15-2004, 04:32 PM
Yeah thats the problem there is only about 3 inches of tire left around the rim.

terko440
10-16-2004, 02:19 PM
Running them over doesnt always work with those darn radials. I had to cut some with a SAW for my friend as well after he tried running them over and also pressing on them with the forks of his BOBCAT! I too used a dremel and as mentioned above using a screwdriver or some wire cutter to nip at that cable will work. Good luck, you'll get it.