PDA

View Full Version : monday morning probably the scariest morning ever

Greg Z
10-13-2004, 01:40 PM
well monday morning i had a seizure first time.. it was probably the scariest thing i put my family threw... my mom said she heard a loud thump 6 am in the morning and she couldnt open the door because my body was blocking the door.. so she called my brother downstairs and my brother pushed the door open and they found me foaming and pretty much going crazy on the floor... i fell threw my closet door and my head left a dent in a cardboard box.. I woke up 20 min later with cops in my room and stuff like taht asking who the hell are youg uys what happend... I didnt know I had the seizure.. anyways i saw IV's in me so i was just like wow what the **** just happend ..... they took me out side my house on the stretcher i saw like 5 cop cars and a ambulence.. i was rushed to the emergency room for cat scans and all that stuff... my brother came in and hes said " Greg you ok?? What year is it?" So I said 2004... "He said oh thank god your back to normal" So I said "What do you mean" He then said "The cops asked you what year it was at the house and you said it was 1998 they thought you were on some sort of narcotics." I was very scared.... when i foudn that out.. they gave me a drug test they found no drugs in me.. they asked me if i drank that night and i didnt... All i remember from the night was i went to bed at 3:30 in the morning .. and i got up aroudn 6 am to ge a drink of water... and i went to turn on my computer monitor to check my e-mail.... and thats all i remember... when i told the doctor that the doctor immidatly (SP?) said it was sleep deprivation... anyways they checked for MRI to see if anything is wrong.. nothing is wrong they found a cyst in one of my glands that said that could be causing me to gain weight and stuff like that but has nothing to do with seizures... my EEG brain waves were "ABNORMAL" but were expected to be abnormal because of the seizure i had... Im getting another EEG in about 1 month to see how my brain waves are then... I cant do any contact sports for a while and I cant be driving for at least a year they said...

:(

but im alright.. they put me on medication called TOPAMAX...

Pappy
10-13-2004, 01:44 PM
damn dude, i hope they can get your squared away:(

tp300ex
10-13-2004, 01:45 PM
that sucks!!!:(

I-7
10-13-2004, 01:46 PM
Damn that sucks :eek: . I bet that was scary waking up and not knowing what happened and Im sure your family were very scared.. . sorry to hear it :( Get better!!

SGA
10-13-2004, 01:50 PM
You mean its not 1998? :confused:

Greg Z
10-13-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by SGA
You mean its not 1998? :confused: :blah: :devil:

Honda4trax250x
10-13-2004, 02:14 PM
yo man thats scary stuff, well its good to see some of our suffolk popo did something besides park somewhere and chat

Quad18star
10-13-2004, 03:57 PM
Thats some scary stuff . I remember seeing someone have a seizure at school once , and the teachers just said , let the person be and just support their head and neck . It's CRAZY stuff . Hopefully everything will be alright for you .

YFZ450Ridr
10-13-2004, 04:11 PM
my old dog i had used to have seizers once a week. scarred the crap outa me first time it happened. bet its ten times scarier for a person to have one. hope u get better man best of luck to you.

dirtmomma
10-13-2004, 05:28 PM
Well I'm glad to hear your doing better this happened to my nephew a couple years ago :( He had been practicing on his quad flattrackin & got into a pretty bad wipe out(we didn't see it) but he got up & continued on his day then I think it was a couple nights later & we were @ the races & he got a really bad migrane & just turned white well he went & kicked back for awhile. He went to work & I guess he just collapsed & started having a siezure they took him to the ER & did ALL kinds of tests like you had. They didn't know if it was from his wipe out or what but now they say he has Epilepsy & he's on meds for the rest of his life, he's had a couple more siezures but the last year has been good & he takes the meds faithfully!! He missed a season of racing due to it but is back to riding/racing now. The doctor also said the siezures seem to come on when he is REALLY STRESSED. He's only 19 too so that sucks but he's doing GREAT now. Just keep taking the meds & as for the not driving for a year he HATED that but he's now driving so keep your head up :)

Disaster
10-13-2004, 05:57 PM
Wow man take care dont let it happen again..

LazeR
10-13-2004, 09:18 PM
Sorry to hear that man, hope you get it all squared away. Take your meds, and get back to riding and driving as soon as the doc lets you!

fastmofo
10-13-2004, 09:23 PM
hope you getter better soon man!

blondie69
10-13-2004, 09:25 PM
That would be some scary! I hope your okay dude!!! Best of luck :)

I know some of my "friends" (not really so much any more...they've...changed...). Well anyways, they've been uh..smokin some crap and givin each other risers n they have a seizure like every time. And they keep doin it cuz it makes it better. IMO that is friken RETARDED. Bad enough ppls have seizures like that are at least for natural reasons, but crap like they're doin just pisses me off....

PHAT400
10-14-2004, 09:13 AM
Dude, glad to hear you're ok... I sat next to a girl in the 2nd grade that had a seizure ... Scared the living SH*T out of me. I remeber every detail to this day..

That was in 1975....

Take care of yourself bro, she still aint right .. alot of complication's since that first one..

zephead400ex
10-14-2004, 09:24 AM
Damn dude, get some sleep;) God speed!

My Senior year of HS my buddy was in English class and had a seizure. All the muscles in his body tensed up at once and he did a back flip out of his desk and onto the desk behind him. Pretty crazy!

MY450R
10-14-2004, 09:57 AM
i hope you make a full recovery
im sure its tough but you will adapt
mysister just found out that her 2yr old daughter(my niece)
is legaly blind and will never be able to read or drive ever

uncontrolable things happen we can only try to make the best of it

bulkdriverlp
10-14-2004, 07:49 PM
that sucks. ive seen a few in my time. everybody needs to stay calm and make sure you dont hurt yourself while ur seizing. hope the meds help man, get well soon.

ridin isnt everything you have more important things to worry bout now.

Greg Z
10-14-2004, 07:53 PM
thanks guys.. im selling my front end on my quad now then putting stock front end on and selling the whole quad... and hopefully everything gets better I want to get back into the sport this up coming summer :)