PDA

View Full Version : rev limiter .....

red2004 TRX450R
10-13-2004, 07:57 AM
I just installed my Sparks pipe, removed the air box and re jetted. I was riding it in my yard and its hard to wheely now, at first I thought the clutch was slipping but found out I just spin the crap out of my razer 2’s.

The second thing is that I think I’m hitting the rev limiter really fast now. Like in first gear like half throttle them punch it wide open and it hits like NOW.

I did not get chance to take it out of my 2 acre yard yet to test it more.

Is this common with this type of mod?

I think the fast hitting rev limiter is a commination of the pipe /air box and the fact this thing don’t hook up any more!!!

In first im sure it’s the rev limiter but in second it kind of feels like its braking up on the top end be cause it comes and goes.

o ya I realy like the pipe

10-13-2004, 08:22 AM
you will want to get an aftermarket rev limiter to fix this...its normal after the pipe & filter mod you did

WhiteZee
10-13-2004, 02:18 PM
sounds like your main jet is to rich, it will seem like your hitting your rev limiter, what size main jet are you running, id start with a 180, see if it helps.

10-13-2004, 06:37 PM
If you are running a 13t sprocket you are probably hitting the rev limiter. i had the same problem. Now I run 14/39 instead of 14/38 which is stock. I am happt with the way is runs now still pulls forever.

kazpr
10-13-2004, 06:47 PM
What jetting did you do?

RedRacer44
10-13-2004, 08:22 PM
I'd bet its your jetting because I did the same mod with my quad when I first had it, and I never had a problem hitting the rev limiter.

I talked to Sparks and they told me depending on elevation, good place to start on jetting is 190 main jet and 2.5 turns out on the air/fuel mix screw. I used that jetting and it ran GREEAATT.

You have more HP at your disposal now with the mod also, you'll be able to break loose the rubbers more often.

red2004 TRX450R
10-14-2004, 09:28 AM
im running the stock gearing. "13 f with 22" tries "
I have a sparks jet kit with a 190 main
i did not tuch the air/fuel mix screw, I thought it came set form factory at 2.5.

I only have the back half of my air box lid cut out!! and i put in a baffle to direct water away form the filter and make it go to the bottom of the box.

I think I will hook up a tach and see what RPM's im getting.
and pull the plug and look at it.
and I will try takeing the lid off compleatly.

I was gong to put in the 188 because of only haveing half the box cut out.

red2004 TRX450R
10-14-2004, 09:33 AM
in first i know it hitting the limiter

but in second it seams to be cutting out/ braking up on the top end.

Ill have to wate till sat to get it out of my yard and open it up and see!!!