PDA

View Full Version : Finally got exhaust well half of it ;)

Wayne64SS
10-12-2004, 08:17 PM
The dealer i ordered it from thought i ordered just a slip on instead of a full system. He sold me the slip on for $360 and is giving me the header for an additional $20. Thats not a bad price for an HMF full system in red is it? Anyway now to the good stuff! I put on just the slip on today and it woke the damn thing right up. It screams, night and day from before. I did not believe everyone 100% when they made it out to be that big of a deal but my god, its tough to hang on to this thing now. My tires have absolutely no chance :( Now I gotta go buy some Holeshot HDs. Im gonna get those next year though. I do have a question though, I do have the HRC kit installed, am i going to notice another big difference when i put the header pipe on? On HMFs dyno sheet it shows it gives almost twice what just the slip on does. Can i expect to feel the same kind of kick in the pants that i did when i put the slip on on? Thanks for the input guys ;)

10-12-2004, 08:45 PM
a full system for the stock engine 450r is not that big of a difference (compared to slip on)...sorry to burst your bubble...the stock header is already very large & the aftermarket ones are usually just a tiny bit bigger...have fun

Martin Blair
10-12-2004, 11:08 PM
the only time aftermakret header really helps is with a big bore

Wayne64SS
10-13-2004, 09:03 AM
cool. even though im not expecting a large gain in performance i still want to get it on though. it'll look cooler ;) thanks guys!

Southtown00
10-13-2004, 09:12 AM
Lets all be glas we dont have to spend $500 on a full exhuast system to maximize power!

10-13-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Southtown00
Lets all be glas we dont have to spend $500 on a full exhuast system to maximize power!

I did.......:(

and i can say that, at this point, it wasn't worth it at all. My quad is stock (except for pipe). I didn't give it much more power at all. Just made it louder which, in turn, makes you think it has more.

MY450R
10-13-2004, 11:11 AM
well all i have to say is b.s
i definatly felt a difference when i put my header on
at least a couple more ponies but lowend only

Wayne64SS
10-13-2004, 03:31 PM
ge the HRC kit and ful exhaust itis totally different if you dont notice that difference you're prolly dead aleady!

roughrider01
10-13-2004, 10:13 PM
i just got my exhaust, already had the HRC kit and now my back bumper is bent and my tires just spin. :cool:

10-14-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by MY450R
well all i have to say is b.s
i definatly felt a difference when i put my header on
at least a couple more ponies but lowend only

no you're full of b.s........have you ridden my quad? No. I've done enough riding in my days to determine whether or not an exhaust system has made a signifigant improvement. I'm sure if I had the HRC kit, it will make a huge difference. But how much of it is HRC kit, and how much of it is exhaust? Judging by the stock bike with exhaust, i would say the HRC kit is doing all the work. I'm not trying to say that the pipe had no effect. But, I am saying the effect or "power", was not worth $500. Not in a million years.

redrider410
10-14-2004, 12:00 PM
When my 450r was completly stock i was like "oh wow, yea it has power", i just said that to my friends covering up for the lack of power i thought it had. Once i put the full Curtis Sparks system on it, i never regretted spending the extra cash on the head pipe. Not only does it give a noticeable amount of power increase(it is really that much more wider than stock), but it also looks hot.

exrider360
10-14-2004, 04:03 PM
what part of new york do you live in

450 Racer R
10-14-2004, 04:16 PM
my brother had the TC FULL exhaust on his stock 450 and it ripped.

Wayne64SS
10-14-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by exrider360
what part of new york do you live in

i live in the albany area. Watervliet to be exact. pm me if you wanna go ridin ;)

exrider360
10-15-2004, 07:44 PM
me and my dad were jsut in watervilet couple weeks ago doing a tile job for someguy. ill get ahold of you online and set something up sometime im like 30 minute away from there . im meeting more and more people fomr my area.

Wayne64SS
10-15-2004, 09:46 PM
no **** i havent been able to find anyone form here, HURRY UP and hit me up on the om ill be riding in Duanesburg all weekend. wooo woooo call the cell 573-1733.

TheFontMaster
10-15-2004, 10:00 PM
How is the riding over there in albany? I'm looking for better, well it doesn't get much better than these sand pits up here but more lets say legal land to ride on.

Wayne64SS
10-15-2004, 10:47 PM
we have a sweeet rock quary over in duanesburg. i go every weekend. there are also phat trails surrounfing it. it gets really muddy though. we've ridden there sop much that i need to find some new **** cause it gets old. we should all hook up though and go ridin i would be open to meetin some guys from here and goin out somewhere ridin.... just hit me up on the pm and we'll set time and place. peace homies it bedtime. ill be out tom with any luck from the weather..... gotta break in that exhaust lol

exrider360
10-16-2004, 06:32 AM
we have been everywere arounbd here it gtes boring i will definetly get back to. im ordering the parts to fix my quad this weekend. ill pm you soon