PDA

View Full Version : Ways to improve airflow through Head?

Rastus
10-12-2004, 08:14 PM
I know I could take my head somewhere and have it worked on.., but I have very little money and I want to increase my current setups efficiency.

Some of My Mods are:

Bored .120
12:1 Wiesco Piston
Full race Webcam
Hardened rockers
Titanium valves, tapets, and springs.
Oil cooler
WB E-series Pro-meg
K&N filter with lid removed

That isn't all my mods, just to give you an idea of how much air I need to flow.

I noticed that the outlets and inlets on the head are pretty rough. Could I go in with a dremel and smooth the roughness out alittle?

Any input would be appreciated.:) :D

Screamin440
10-12-2004, 09:01 PM
You could gasket match the ports without many troubles. You'll need to be very careful on the intake side not to clean it up too much. You'll need the roughness in the port to promote atomization of fuel. If it's too smooth, the fuel molecules won't break up and mix with the air molecules like they need to. The exhaust side should be pretty safe to touch up.

foleyit
10-12-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Screamin440
You could gasket match the ports without many troubles. You'll need to be very careful on the intake side not to clean it up too much. You'll need the roughness in the port to promote atomization of fuel. If it's too smooth, the fuel molecules won't break up and mix with the air molecules like they need to. The exhaust side should be pretty safe to touch up.

Pretty much what he said. In addition to matcing the gaskets on the exhaust port. If you notice there is a huge lip on the exhaust port coming out. When I had my head done and I noticed that they took that lip out to increase the flow through the head.