PDA

View Full Version : need to know. 416 or 426?

vinnie
10-12-2004, 08:05 PM
i want to rebuild my motor. i mainly want a reliable motor, fast. I want to know in anybody's opinion what size is best. i want to go to a stage 2 cam. i live extremely close to an airfeild(race gas). what is the most efficient and reliable setup? i have read some posts, but I am not certian on details of kits. Can i stroke the 426? Where do I get parts? What Jets and plug? Was it worth it? does it beat the suzuki 400?:confused: I want the beast to haul.

Screamin440
10-12-2004, 08:16 PM
Vinnie, what kind of riding do you do? Do you need torque or do you need top end power? Would you like to run pump gas or are you fine with paying $5.00 a gallon for fuel? What do you expect out of this quad when you're done?

vinnie
10-12-2004, 08:32 PM
i ride mostly trails, try to jump. Sometimes i go up hills. i want to go faster. I want a dependable and reliable machine. Race gas is fine, if it means more power. Top end doesn't matter most, i was looking for torque.

sportraxkid
10-12-2004, 09:45 PM
I went with the 440 and with my mods I can kill my friends 416 it has a je piston,tc cam, and white bros exhaust. I can wope the suzuki z400's and can beat my friends raptor with full yoshi ,cam and K&N this is racing up the face of sand mountian.

cals400ex
10-13-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by sportraxkid
I went with the 440 and with my mods I can kill my friends 416 it has a je piston,tc cam, and white bros exhaust. I can wope the suzuki z400's and can beat my friends raptor with full yoshi ,cam and K&N this is racing up the face of sand mountian.

what setup does your buddy have on his 416? are both throttle cables adjusted properly? that makes a huge difference