PDA

View Full Version : Bent Steering stem, among other things

MadMax27
10-12-2004, 02:36 PM
Hey All, I just got my new 04 400EX 6 weeks ago. Its an upgrade from Ol' Blaster. Im still adjusting to the power, but sometimes I get bold, During a wooded Hillclimb, I found the hill much longer and steeper than I thought it was, about 3/4 up or roughly 100 yards, I decided to turn around. Unknowlingly, I drove into a hunters pit, well Im fine, but the quad isnt. During her Awesome 10+ Barrel rolls, She shattered the Master cylinder plate like glass, the handle bars, and the steering stem is waaaay bent. I got OEM replacements from Service Honda on the way. Are aftermarket stems really worth 250-350? I could replace 4 stock ones by the time I hit those numbers. I ordered a Billet Cylinder Plate, I think its much stronger than the stock pot-metal junk. Are their any other problem areas I should be aware of? I do not race, just aggressive trails. ( I was the only one who atempted the hill ) Friends have told me stories of their bearing carriers goin....Any thoughts to be better prepped for trails???? Thanx!!!

airheadedduner
10-13-2004, 10:22 AM
I came up short on a 40 foot double and nosed the backside. It was hard enough of a crash to bend the frame stop farward, turn a tie rod into a U and bend the bolts on my antivibe clamp. Houser stem is still strait as an arrow:D and My stocker bent from a rollover:o

zfire_28
10-14-2004, 01:44 AM
My friend bent his LSR stem when he tipped over unloading his quad from the bed of his truck.....I am still LMAO over that one.......LSR wouldn't fix it either:(

MadMax27
10-14-2004, 02:52 PM
Oh boy, that sux. Id rather buy 5 OEM stems, and have them lyin around waiting for another one to break/bend then shell out 350 and have LSR say Go Blow.:(