PDA

View Full Version : Marcums 416 kit

Rhino
04-12-2002, 08:45 PM
Got my 416 kit from Marcums today. I noticed the gasket set I got was 86mm which is a little strange since my new piston is 87mm. The piston will not fit through the hole in the head gasket which means after my cylinder gets bored the hole in the gasket will be smaller than my bore. Am I missing something here or did he send me the wrong gasket.
Also, I asked Terry about using silicone on the base to get the deck height correct. He told me not to use silicone, the gaskets I would get would give me the correct deck height but they don't. I got a .020 base gasket and a .045 head gasket. Before I removed the cylinder I measured how far in the hole the piston was. It was .040 from the top of the cylinder(no head gasket on and the stock base gasket looked to be .020 also). The JE piston does have a .165 dome but not out to the edge of the piston. The measurement from the pin to the shoulder before the dome starts is the same as a stock piston. With these measurements it looks like my deck height will be .040 short. What do you guys think and what should I do to fix it.

Rhino
04-13-2002, 04:43 AM
Come on guys, any help would be appreciated.

Rhino
04-13-2002, 07:56 AM
I talked to Terry this morning and he said he does these all the time and this is the same gasket he uses, no problems. So if any of you run into this apparently it isn't a problem.