PDA

View Full Version : Break in motor, then HRC, or HRC, then break in motor?

Southtown00
10-11-2004, 10:47 PM
I was wondering if you should install the HRC kit before you break in the motor or after.

allmixedup047
10-11-2004, 10:50 PM
i dont think it really matters, because with a cam you should generaly break it in anyways. just break it in good either way.

Martin Blair
10-12-2004, 07:41 AM
I am holding of on a cam, got a pipe and filter but decided to wait on cam, makesure is all working well before I open her up, but a dealer installed hrc kit shouldnt void the warrenty, but i was told the hotcam with so im waiting till the lil factory warrenty is up.

Matt400ex_17
10-12-2004, 07:19 PM
My dealer would not put it in until i had 12-15 of time on it

markk
10-13-2004, 03:27 PM
You will save alot of time breaking it in once with, the HRC kit included!!!!

I know that two of my buddies installed there HRC kit then broke it in, and there quads are still in tip top shape!!!

roughrider01
10-13-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Matt400ex_17
My dealer would not put it in until i had 12-15 of time on it

:huh As long as everything is put together right and your jetting is where is should be everything will break in just like a stock motor will.

DirtDevilBT
10-14-2004, 12:07 AM
What does the HRC kit come with? Make sure and follow the break in proceedure because the cam must be worn in properly. What does the HRC kit come with?

Martin Blair
10-14-2004, 07:17 PM
It has a hrc cam, made for mid top loses bottom end, lid that is half open, neelde kit and spark arrestor insert. Also think it has a new snorkle and flap for the airbox lid. Presonally i think its a waste its like 350 get a slip on hmf for 220 and the hotcam for 120 and you will have more power all aroound not just on top.

allmixedup047
10-15-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
It has a hrc cam, made for mid top loses bottom end, lid that is half open, neelde kit and spark arrestor insert. Also think it has a new snorkle and flap for the airbox lid. Presonally i think its a waste its like 350 get a slip on hmf for 220 and the hotcam for 120 and you will have more power all aroound not just on top.
accualy, i didnt lose bottom end at all with my hrc kit. and it comes with a three-way breather tube for your crank case. the hrc cam is a very respected cam by a lot of people. ive heard of people that have the stage 1 hot cam and having to go with a different cam when they get a hi-comp piston. and you can ge the hrc kit for around 220 now.

DirtDevilBT
10-15-2004, 02:08 PM
On the 450 can't you take the airbox lid off without having to change how your filter mounts. Isn't the filter a clamp on alreay? I wouldn't mind getting the HRC kit but it might end up being a waste of money if it only comes with a few jets and what not. I plan on porting the head, valve job, torque cam, springs, exhaust, and filter. With all this change, I don't think what comes in the HRC kit will be able to keep up. I plan on getting rid of the airbox top anyway. What is a good Web low-mid cam for the 450? What lift or grind is it?

Can I swap wheel hubs from a yamaha to a honda? Or at least just the rears?

allmixedup047
10-16-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by DirtDevilBT
On the 450 can't you take the airbox lid off without having to change how your filter mounts. Isn't the filter a clamp on alreay? I wouldn't mind getting the HRC kit but it might end up being a waste of money if it only comes with a few jets and what not. I plan on porting the head, valve job, torque cam, springs, exhaust, and filter. With all this change, I don't think what comes in the HRC kit will be able to keep up. I plan on getting rid of the airbox top anyway. What is a good Web low-mid cam for the 450? What lift or grind is it?

Can I swap wheel hubs from a yamaha to a honda? Or at least just the rears?
about the wheel hubs im pretty sure you can. and as far as the cam, the hrc is a pretty good one to go with but there are so many out there now its hard to tell the best one. i think with your mods you plan on doing, the hrc cam would be a good choice for its top end credability, your other mods will put all the low end power you will need into the bike.
as for lift and duration of the cam, i dont have a clue.