PDA

View Full Version : need some info dont remeber?

fmf400ex03
10-11-2004, 10:05 PM
every 400ex from 99-2004 were all the same except for graphics right i have been out of ATV"S for almost a year i have been in denile after mine got stolen i loved that thing and now i have like withdrawls from not riding every where i go every thing i do i need to ride and i want another 400ex as u can see below mine had a far share of parts i want to make it around the same and just home it has the nuts my old 1 did i am buying a used 1 sense i am still hurting money wise from my old 1 so i need to keep money with it tight and also when buying a used 1 what should i look for like parts wise and ect.?

foleyit
10-11-2004, 10:14 PM
You are correct.

I am about 98% certain that from 98-2004 are the same except for the graphics sceheme. I don't think there were any changes to the internal portions of the motor itself.

cals400ex
10-12-2004, 01:25 AM
there was minor changes but nothing i would worry about. some changes were made to the shocks a few times. the oil tank was reinforced down by the drain plug, the carb had a different float pin installed. i think the intake boot on the 04 is different too. there is just a few small things that were changed. i wouldn't worry about it though.