PDA

View Full Version : need a new quad and reasons y?

fmf400ex03
10-11-2004, 09:02 PM
i had an 03 400ex about a year ago and it got stolen i had alot of money in it had a good amount of power and all but i just dont know any more its been awhile. i want another 4 wheeler but dont know what to buy. the 400 i had packed a punch that every 1 still talks about about but it wasnt big enough i like to rip hard and fast. the 400 was good in the woods and with my set up i was un stopable but when it came to ridin woods and then id hit like a feild or in the winter the lake i am for ever gettin eatin buy like banshees and raptors. im not 1 to shut down other riders and other quads and companies just becasue every 1 rides different and different quads fit different needs 1 isnt better than another its all in the way u ride it and know that machine. i am writing this here because i have been here for over 2 years now and its pretty much my home. i have been lookin into banshee's and such. its just that i loved my 400ex so much and then i lost it all i really dont and dont think i can replace it with another 1, every 1 that rode mine that had 1 also said that mine was the best of the bunch from stock to done up for some reason i could work that motor like it was my job. and i just dont want all that to come back and loose it all again. in the last 8-12 months there have been about 18 quads stolin in my area 16 of them were 400ex's and i really dont wanna push my luck. so what do u think i ride woods fields lakes snow i ride it all and wanna do it all again. what is a good recomendation. i will prolly buy a used 1 becasue i am still a lil hurt from my 400ex so 450r and yzf450 is out. and remember i i dont hate honda im just lookin to see what my best bet is right now im leaning tords the banshee just cuz they are retardedly powerfull and it would be a challange to contain it and use it. can ya help me out? so i can catch that ***** hole

Roostin250R
10-12-2004, 01:33 PM
If your wanting to go 2 stroke, get yourself a nice used Honda 250R, they "rip" also and are a good all around quad for what you want. Banshees can be wicked fast, but the handling isn't as good as an R. and maintaining a Banshee can be costly being a twin cylinder and all. Just my 2cents....

bens250ex
10-12-2004, 06:49 PM
basically ur gonna get honda replies b/c this is a honda web site...but heres what i think if u rip and wanna shred and tear some asses then get urself a banshee and put alittle cash into it and youll be set just maintain it and dont beat the livin shat out of it... also a raptor would be good but alot of them are havin tranny problems like the older models and since you are getting a used one then u might get a bad one with tranny problems..also maybe you should consider a z400 my friend has one and its maxed out and halls major *** but its got a 450....but it still hald big time with just pipe and such...if i was you i would look into a banshee just make shure you find a good one not a busted up piece of junk....thats what i think

TheFontMaster
10-12-2004, 08:01 PM
If you want something that can be riden fast in the woods too get a 250r. They have better handling then banshee's, and ca go just as fast. Get like a 310 or a 330 kit and that thing will rip. If you only want to go in a straight line, then you can't go wrong with a banshee.

440exnacsracer
11-01-2004, 09:18 PM
banshees dont really handle all that bad, they are just too long and narrow. with a -1/or -2 swingarm and a wider axle, it would handle much better. they are incredibly fun machines stock though

KEN1
11-02-2004, 09:24 AM
I own a 400EX and a YFZ 450.

If you want comfort and a great trail bike then get yourself a 450R. If you want power and more of an adrenaline rush then get the YFZ. A Banshee is no compitition for a YFZ.

I ride my EX on the trails and my YFZ at the dunes. I love both bikes but they each serve a different purpose.

440exnacsracer
11-02-2004, 09:36 AM
A Banshee is no compitition for a YFZ.

and my YFZ at the dunes.

:eek2: in the dunes, the banshee is far superior, that is what it was made for, plus throw some pipes, air filter, reeds and pistons and your gonna be movin right along

KEN1
11-02-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by 440exnacsracer
:eek2: in the dunes, the banshee is far superior, that is what it was made for, plus throw some pipes, air filter, reeds and pistons and your gonna be movin right along

The YFZ 450 far out handles a Banshee in the dunes and you'll need more then a pipe,filter,port job on the shee to outrun a 450. 3 of my friends who were long time Banshee owners sold their bikes for a YFZ 450 after riding mine......this to me sez it all.:cool:

fmf400ex03
11-02-2004, 11:32 AM
well a bought another 400ex and if u do put just reeds pipes filter and jets that banshee will eat a 450 all day long in the dunes in the woods and track the shee has no chance hence thats what it was made for its not really a wide open area machine a shee is my buddy has a shee with thos parts and and we did ride with a 450 that had filter jets and pipe the 450 ate the shee utill that shee hit 2nd gear and the 450 was in the dust and we were all to the bar with the throttle and it was on the road. thats another reason you dont see 450's at the track either mainly banshees