PDA

View Full Version : PAY PAL scams

dukeboy
10-11-2004, 08:01 PM
i just sold my 04' CRF450 to a guyfrom the virgin islands he has paid me $500 already through paypal and wants to pay the rest using paypal. has anyone got screwed through paypal yet? he wants me to ship it to a company in miami then they ship it to him? let me know your thoughts!!!

mojoe2878
10-11-2004, 08:10 PM
i heard about some kinda problems they were havin with paypal last week dont know exactly what it was. if i was you i wouldnt put it on a truck to be shipped until you get all your cash from the guy and move it from your pay pal account into your checking account just to be safe.

paypal also takes out a chunk of your money, the percentage is different on the price, you have to pay paypal when ever some one buys somethin from you and pays for it with paypal.

Disaster
10-11-2004, 09:52 PM
We did this with a car we sold ....We didnt get the money as soon as we thought so is what we did is call up the company and tell them to hold the car till we get the payment ..I would think you would be good....

Aceman
10-12-2004, 12:36 AM
Read up on Paypal's policies, that's the only way to know for sure. If it was me, I would definitely wait like mojoe said until you transfer the money into your checking account before shipping the quad off.

sharkinthepool
10-12-2004, 05:40 AM
Dude just hold it until you get all the money for it and can transfer it to your bank account!

dukeboy
10-12-2004, 05:44 AM
yeah i thought that too just get the money transfered then really what could go wrong?

thanks, i just wanted to know if there was some scam i didn't know about.

sharkinthepool
10-12-2004, 06:30 AM
I have heard of a couple but they are through email I am not sure that they could do that through paypal?